Vacuum Cleaners mean a lot to the housekeepers and caretakers. Everyone loves a clean and tidy house. But keeping your home clean and dirt free is one of the rigorous and tiresome tasks that require a lot of time, hard work, and patience also. That’s where this useful appliance Vacuum Cleaner comes to play. It makes the difficult task of cleaning our houses into the bearable one and also saves our time. So, welcome to the blog that is all about the reviews of latest and best vacuum cleaners for home and office use.
What are Vacuum Cleaners?
A vacuum cleaner is a machine that is used to clean your house by means of an air pump. The air pump is the most integral part of this device that creates a temporary vacuum to suck the dust and dirt from the pointed place, especially from the floors. Also, the device is used to clean other surfaces like upholstery and drapes.
For more in-depth information on vacuum cleaners for home, please head to our Buying Guide Section.
Our Best Picks of Vacuum Cleaners for Home
There are so many brands of vacuum cleaners available in the local and online stores, but out of so many choices, which one is best in terms of cleaning, maintenance, storing and of course budget wise is very daunting. So to help you out, we have rounded up here some of the best vacuum cleaners for home use considering various factors like their features, price, brand, review, and much more. Here is the quick list of 10 best vacuum cleaners for home use in India.
|American Micronic||1600WDx||1600 W||View on Amazon|
|Philips||PowerPro FC9352/01||370 W||View on Amazon|
|American Micronic||AMI-VC1-10Dx-Bl-AF||1000 W||View on Amazon
|Eureka Forbes||Super Clean||800 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Panasonic||MC-CG303 R145||1400 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Black & Decker||BDKVH780||780 W||View on Amazon|
|Prestige||PRE85||1200 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Eureka Forbes||Quick Clean DX||1200 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Eureka Forbes||Wet & Dry DX||1150 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Kent||KSL-160||2000 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
Best Vacuum Cleaners for Home Reviews
1. American Micronic-AMI-VCD21-1600WDx-Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner from the brand American Micronic is our top pick because of its exceptional quality and outstanding performance. This one is an excellent choice for all types of cleaning needs in your home and office. Featuring both wet and dry cleaning modes with superior suction power, it can remove both solid particles and fluids with ease. Moreover, its sleek design with stainless steel construction makes it more sturdy and withstand high usage.
The vacuum cleaner comes with the powerful 1600 W motor to catch out dirt, pet hairs, tough stains, and more with ease. Also, the HEPA filtration technology captures 99.9% small particles of dust and debris around, making the surrounding fully clean and fresh. There also comes various cleaning attachments with it including hose Pipe, 2 extension pipes, floor-cum-carpet brush, upholstery nozzle, crevice nozzle for multiple types of cleaning. And the caster wheels allow easy mobility of the vacuum cleaner.
- Wet and dry cleaning
- Powerful suction mechanism
- Blower function
- Reusable dust bag
- HEPA filter for effective dust filtering
- Capacity 21 l
- 1 Year Warranty
- Powerful machine
- Smart design and sturdy construction
- Works amazingly on any floor and carpet
- The suction and blower function is very potent
- Both wet and dry cleaning modes are highly performing
- Short pipe length make you unable for the cleaning of ceiling or high wall
2. Philips PowerPro FC9352/01 Compact Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
This powerful vacuum cleaner from Philips must be your best buy to clean your home effectively and also to get pure and clean air. It comes with Powercyclone 5 Technology that separates dust from the air in one go. It’s powerful 1900 W motor assures high performance. This vacuum cleaner comes with a clean air filtration system EPA 10 that ensures healthy and fresh air around you.
A dusting brush comes there on the handle that makes this vacuum cleaner efficient for cleaning of furniture, flat surfaces, and upholstery. It also features an ActiveLock coupling that easily adjusts as per any tasks. Plus, its light-weight and compact design allow to roll it out easily and carry it anywhere for cleaning. This vacuum cleaner has an extra long ergonomic grip so that it can reach all the corners very easily and assures 100% hygiene and sanitation.
- Powercyclone 5 technology to separate dust from the air
- 1900 W powerful motor for strong suction power
- Turbo brush
- Multi-clean nozzle for thorough floor cleaning
- Clean air filtration system EPA 10
- Advanced dust container
- Large wheels for easy transportation
- ActiveLock couplings
- Very powerful vacuum cleaner with the strong suction power
- Easy to clean dust compartment
- Sturdy and durable
- Lightweight and compact design
- Automatic cord winding works perfectly
- The attachments are all fixed to the main telescopic pipe, so you don’t have to worry about losing them
- No downsides noted yet
3. American Micronic AMI-VC1-10DX Vacuum Cleaner
This one is a canister type vacuum cleaner that delivers a powerful suction with 1000W motor for easy and quick cleaning. The American Micronic AMI VCI 10 DX Vacuum Cleaner has an overload protector and also three-stage filtration process. It comes with a removable, reusable, and washable dust bag made of non-woven fabric along with dust bag full indicator and a long 4-meter cord for all your ease and convenience.
- Powerful suction
- Three stage filtration process
- 2l dust capacity
- Reusable dust bag
- Upholstery and crevice nozzle
- Superb suction power
- Amazing fast and high power vacuum cleaner
- Great product in this price range
- No negative reviews
4. Eureka Forbes Super Clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This Eureka Forbes Super Clean Handheld Vacuum Cleaner makes you to keep your house clean and dust free with ease. Its ergonomic design lets you clean everything you want, from those dusty curtains in your bedroom to even the dustier carpet in your living room. Also, you can easily clean your car interiors with ease using this vacuum cleaner.
It has a powerful 800 W motor so that you can clean every nooks and corner of your home efficiently and easily without worrying about paying high electricity bills. This vacuum cleaner also has a powerful suction and blower that removes dust from even hard-to-reach areas and so making your house clean and dust free. This handy and lightweight vacuum cleaner also has a thermal overload cut-out that makes this device safe to use.
- Powerful suction and blower function
- Lightweight, handy and portable with shoulder strap to use it easily
- Dust cup for easy dust disposal
- 5-meter long power cord for feasible round and home cleaning
- Wide range of 7 accessories to suit varied cleaning needs
- Lightweight and handheld
- Compact and portable design
- High suction power
- Easy to use and clean the filter
- Heating issues if used continuously for more than 15 minutes
5. Panasonic MC-CG303 1400-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
Get an experience of super quick and easy cleaning with this vacuum cleaner from Panasonic. Equipped with an eco-cleaning feature, this one ensures the maximum cleaning by consuming the less power. It comes with an effective air blower that lets you blow away the leaves or dust from the window grills.
Also, this vacuum cleaner has an effective air dust catcher to make your floor clean. Being compact and lightweight, it is very convenient to use and also easy to move it from one place to another. What is the best part of this vacuum cleaner is that it has small wheels, so you can smoothly move it around? In addition, the crevice nozzle attached with it helps you to clean stiff places and places that are usually tough to reach like under sofas, fridges, etc.
- High suction power of 400W
- Powerful airflow
- Blower operation
- Air dust catcher
- Eco power and compact
- Elegant and beautiful design
- Cleans very well
- Powerful and handy
- Easy to use and store
- It gets heated very quickly, so not best for continuous use
6. Black & Decker VH780 Vacuum Cleaner
This handy vacuum cleaner from Black & Decker is designed to be held in hand and efficiently cleans any surfaces which are hard to reach by hand. It comes with a host of user-friendly features and accessories that makes the cleaning process much easier and more convenient.
This integrated vacuum cleaner with one-speed setting plays a vital role in removing the dust hidden in every nook and corner of your home. This vacuum cleaner also has a curved loop handle that makes it easy to use the equipment without any complication. So, you will not feel tired while cleaning your home with this efficient vacuum cleaner.
- Built-in clog Indicator for cleaner filters and top performance
- Inflating function for mattresses and rafts
- Blowing feature to clean garages and small outdoor areas
- No dust bag for utmost cleaning convenience
- Clog indicator to maintain and clean filters and ensures optimal performance
- Effective vacuuming and effortless cleaning
- Easy to use and maintain
- Decent suction and blowing
- Energy efficient vacuum cleaner
- No negative reviews
7. Prestige Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum cleaner from Prestige has both sweeping and mopping feature to offer you the utmost hygiene and ultimate cleaning. Featuring advanced HEPA filter it has the ability to remove the finest dust particles to ensure only the clean and fresh air around you. The vacuum cleaner comes with the powerful 800 W motor that offers the efficient suction capacity to catch dust and dirt. Plus the blower function helps you to clean out hard-to-reach areas.
The best is its high capacity dust case accommodating 10 l that lets you clean out the huge areas without worrying about frequent emptying of the bin. It also features an auto cut float that protects the motor from damage in case of overflow of the water in the barrel. This vacuum cleaner comes with multiple accessories including an extensible hose pipe, floor brush, corner brush, absorbing brush, crevice tool, three extension tubes. So, you can use them all for various cleaning activities. Moreover, the 360-degree swivel wheels ensure easy mobility.
- Powerful suction
- Blower Function
- Advanced HEPA filtration technology
- Wet and dry cleaning feature
- 360-degree wheel for easy transportation
- Auto cut float
- 1 Years of Manufacturing Warranty
- Accessory storage facility for quick access
- High-quality vacuum cleaner
- Strong and sturdy construction
- Convenient cleaning
- The blower is also powerful for efficient cleaning of the hard to reach areas
- Easy to store and manage
- Saves both time and energy
- The hosepipe is small
- Bit noisy
8. Eureka Forbes Quick Clean DX Vacuum Cleaner
If you are seeking for a perfect complement for all your cleaning needs, this vacuum cleaner from Eureka Forbes must be the right choice. It is designed to handle only dry dust. Featuring a superior performing suction pressure coming from a 1200 W power plus motor, this one is the great option to target the fine dust settled on furniture, carpets, and cabinets, etc.
This handy vacuum cleaner with its compact design goes in favor of it. The useful extensions along with it are helpful in cleaning different surfaces including computer peripherals. If we talk about its designing features, this vacuum cleaner has a long power cord which facilitates mobility from one room to another. Also, it has uniquely designed wheels that ensure a smooth and hassle-free movement.
- Powerful suction function
- Wide range of accessories for complete cleaning
- 3 swivel wheels
- Dust bag full indicator
- Automatic power cable winder for convenience
- Compact and portable design
- Easy to handle
- Great suction power
- Cleans very effectively
- A little noisy device
- Heats very quickly
9. Eureka Forbes Trendy Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Featuring a beautiful design, outstanding quality, and high performance, this vacuum cleaner from Eureka Forbes is yet another smart choice for your home and office. It also comes with dual functionalities including both dry and wet cleaning modes for collecting dry dust and wet spills. This one has a powerful 1150 W motor along with the blower function for the most effective cleaning. Plus, a wide range of accessories ensures more versatile cleaning.
The best part is that this vacuum cleaner has high capacity wet and dry plastic containers of 8 l and 10 l respectively. And these can store a large amount of water and dust as well. It also has an automatic power cable winder for more convenience, so no more mess to handle the cord. The built-in storage space for cord protects it from any cut or damage. Even there is a simple press button for extending the cord for usage and pull it back for secure storage. Also, the long power cord, flexible hose pipe, and extension tubes offer easy and efficient cleaning within a radius of 8m.
- Powerful suction and blower function
- Dual function for wet and dry cleaning
- Wide range of accessories for more versatile cleaning
- 360-degree swivel wheels for easy mobility
- Large capacity of plastic containers
- Automatic Power Cable Winder for Convenience
- Convenient 8mt radius of operation
- 1 year warranty
- Extension tubes make the task easy to reach heights and corners
- Easy to clean corners and small places
- Long power cable to clean the different corners of the room efficiently
- Dual function for wet and dry cleaning is very nice
- Gets heated very quickly
- Noisy operation
10. KENT Force Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
This advance vacuum cleaner from Kent makes you clean your house most simply and easily. With the revolutionary cyclonic technology as well as the HEPA filter, it ensures that the vacuum cleaner does not release as much bacteria and dust like the regular vacuum cleaners.
This vacuum cleaner comes with the rubberized wheels that let you move it around freely on both the hard surfaces and carpet floors so you can effectively clean your house. It also has a dust container to check on the items that are picked by it, so you don’t misplace any valuables. Kent Cyclonic vacuum cleaner comes with an auto power cord retractor that eliminates the storage and movement hassles.
- High-efficiency motor with strong suction force
- Advanced force technology
- High-efficiency HEPA filter
- Auto power cord retractor
- Reduced air pollution
- Rubberized wheels
- Transparent dust container
- Dust container full indicator
- 1 Year of Manufacturing Warranty
- Compact and contemporary design
- Solid and sturdy built
- Easy to assemble and use
- Low noise operation
- No heating issues
- Superb suction power
- Long cord to cover a large room
- Lacks blower
Vacuum Cleaners for Home Buying Guide
A Little History Behind Vacuum Cleaners
Developed in the early 1860s, vacuum cleaners were initially known as carpet cleaners, and the electric power was not implemented till then. With the turn of the 20th century, the things started to become more interesting and finally the vacuum cleaners with inbuilt motors ware developed for the household purposes.
Till then with the continuous improvements in the design and models of vacuum cleaners every year, we now have various revolutionized models with improved filter technology, motor, and much more.
How to Choose the Right Vacuum Cleaner for Home and Office
Choosing a vacuum cleaner is one of the most difficult tasks. But you can make your decision easier by analyzing the following questions.
- How big your home is?
- How many rooms are there and what sizes they have?
- Which type of flooring your house has?
- Do you need a vacuum cleaner for sofa and carpets also?
- How often you need vacuuming?
- Whether you have pets?
- Do you have a car?
- Is anyone in your house is allergic or have respiratory issues?
- Which type of vacuum cleaner do you want?
So, once you have checked the answers to these questions, you can make your buying simpler. And with our full buying guide of vacuum cleaners for home and office, it will become easier for you to finalize your decision. So have a look at the following sections to choose the right vacuum cleaner for your needs.
Types of Vacuum Cleaners for Home and Office
Vacuum Cleaners these days come in different shapes and sizes. And all of them packed with a host of features so you can easily figure out which will best suit your needs. Generally, there are four types of vacuum cleaners available in the market which are as follows:
1. Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Like the name, these vacuum cleaners stand straight or in an upright position. The upright vacuum cleaner is the best option to clean out the carpets as it has a brush that strokes out the dirt. And then the machine sucks the dust. To clean out the bare floors, you can simply turn off the brush and use it upright.
- Compact and easy to store
- Easy to hold and manageable
- It does not require frequent cleaning
- Available in both bag and bagless options
- The upright design makes it difficult to reach the narrow spaces like under bed or sofa
- These are quite heavier
- Not ideal for hard floor cleaning
2. Canister Vacuum Cleaners
These vacuums on the wheel consists of a long rod that is attached to a canister by a flexible hose. It can clean the floor simply by sucking the dust from it. Since it is very flexible, you can get it into the tiny corners.
- Light weighted and compact
- Good suction power for fast and efficient cleaning
- Ideal to clean floors, sofa upholstery, staircases, and ceiling fans, etc
- Quiet operation
- Comes with variable attachments for various cleaning needs
- Ideal for cleaning the hard floors
- Higher on the price side
- These require to assemble and disassemble before and after every cleaning
3. Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
These are small units that are used to clean and remove smaller bits of dirt from the places which are out of reach including stairs, corners of the sofa, and car interiors, windowsills,upholsteries, etc. These are less expensive than the upright and canister vacuums.
- Compared to other vacuum cleaners, these are very light and compact
- Eases the cleaning of floors, sofa, and car interiors, etc
- Affordable than other vacuum cleaner types
- Runs on batteries, so require frequent battery replacement
4. Stick Vacuum Cleaners
These vacuum cleaners are much similar to the upright models. But these are more light weighted and offers to clean the narrower areas too over the upright ones. With the light structure, you can easily maneuver it. These generally come in cordless models, but corded options are also there. They also have simple control settings. And are ideal for cleaning hard floors, staircases, beneath furniture, sofas, top of the cupboards, cars, etc.
- Light in weight
- No need to bend over while cleaning, so ideal for people with back issues
- Comes with long handles that allow for longer reach
- No mess of tangled cords as these runs on batteries
- Have small dirt collection bin
5. Steam Vacuum Cleaners or Steam Mops
These vacuum cleaners can clean the surfaces by means of steam and are suitable for cleaning of hard floors. The working mechanism includes heating of water which turns into steam and then released by the nozzle head to clean surfaces. It can easily clean wooden floor, ceramic tiles, vinyl, etc. Plus, most of them also come with the attachments to clean walls, ceiling, and furniture, as well. These can better remove the dust and dirt than other types of vacuum cleaners.
- Good for cleaning of hard floors
- Eco-friendly vacuum cleaner
- It also sanitizes your home and office
- Needs very less time to clean the floors
- Steam cleaners are highly efficient to clean the areas with a lot of traffic with ground-in stains and dirt like schools and offices
- Very easy maintenance
- Requires a lot more safety while using this vacuum cleaner as it uses hot water for cleaning
6. Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
These are also known as Robovac, that comes with an inbuilt programming to automatically clean out the places with spinning brushes and vacuums. Just program it, and it will do the work for you. But these are very expensive than other vacuum cleaners.
- It offers hands-off convenience to clean the floors
- Various cleaning modes offers efficient and easy cleaning
- Automatic charging facility
- Compact and light-weight
- Some models can be controlled using Wi-Fi or an app from your smartphones
- Very expensive than other vacuum cleaner types
- Incapable of cleaning sofas, beds, and other things placed at the height
- Comes with small dirt collection bin that requires frequent maintenance
Features to Consider Before Buying Vacuum Cleaners for Home
-Bag or Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
The working is same for both the vacuum cleaners. The only difference is that the bagged vacuum cleaners collect all the dust and debris inside the bag and need replacements. On the other hand, bagless vacuum cleaners collect all the dust and debris inside the bin or case with it and require emptying it from time to time. So, you can choose it on your preferences.
-Cord or Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
When it comes to the performance and power, vacuum cleaners with cord are the ideal option. These are also good for long-run use. But on the downsides, these are heavier and requires more maintenance. Also, dealing with the tangling cords is very messy while cleaning. In this case, you can go for a cordless vacuum cleaner. These include upright, stick, and handheld vacuum cleaners and are light in weight for easy use. These run on batteries and are easy to clean the hard-to-reach areas. But definitely, if performance is your preference, a corded vacuum cleaner is the best purchase.
-Dry or Wet Vacuum Cleaners
Like the name, dry vacuum cleaners can be used for dry cleaning of floors, walls, ceiling, stairs, cars, mats, etc. But there also comes the wet vacuum cleaners for cleaning wet spills. It can perfectly clean the small glass pieces and water or any liquid spilled on the floor or carpets. With wet vacuum cleaners, you can easily clean your bathroom floor as well.
The most important feature, HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) is the filtration technology that the latest vacuum cleaners come with. This filtration technology can clean up the minute dust and dirt particles and creates a clean atmosphere inside the room. The vacuum cleaners with HEPA filtration technology is the most ideal choice if you have an asthmatic patient in your house.
Weight is one of the most important considerations before purchasing a vacuum cleaner. However, all the models are portable, but choosing the light-weight models is quite handy. When it comes to convenience, the handheld, stick, and upright vacuum cleaners are the ideal choice. These are light in weight and offers cleaning of hard-to-reach areas also.
On the other hand, Upright vacuum cleaners are the heaviest one because of their powerful motor, wide floor heads, and bigger dust bags. But these offer efficient cleaning of the floors, tiles, and carpets, etc.
The Canister vacuum cleaners come in various weight ranges. Some are lighter with up to 4 kg of weight while the heavier models range from 6-8 Kg. But they offer more convenience in cleaning because of their nozzle hose. So, you can keep the vacuum cleaner to stay in one place, and the hose will do the cleaning around different areas.
-Accessories and Attachments
The vacuum cleaner comes with various attachments or accessories. These are not only useful in cleaning the floors but also used for the cleaning under the bed and sofa, as well as for the cleaning of drapes, curtains, carpets, etc. These attachments include:
Dusting Brush- It gently cleans the dust from furniture, shelves, tables, windowsills, and electronic appliances, etc
Bare Floor Brush- The bare floor brush is used for cleaning of floors. Whatever be the type of floor, it ensures spotless and germ-free cleaning.
Upholstery brush- This tool can clean up the dust and dirt from sofas, mattresses, cushions, curtains, etc.
Crevice tool- With a narrow nozzle, the crevice tool offers efficient cleaning of tight spots or hard-to-reach areas.
Turbo Brush- It ensures the efficient cleaning of larger and plush carpets, high-end rugs, as well as other fancy rugs.
Telescoping wands- It mostly found in upright or canister vacuum cleaners. This tool allows the wand of the vacuum cleaner to extend and offering you the extra length to your cleaning ability. And it is a great tool for ceilings, ceiling fans, drapes, and other window treatments.
Some More Smart Features
1. Height adjustment
The vacuum cleaners come with a manual as well as automatic height adjustment feature to adjust the height of the brush roll. This feature lets you efficiently clean the bare floors as well as the carpets of variable depths. The right height setting, depending on your cleaning needs maximize the performance of the vacuum cleaner.
2. Suction control
This feature lets you control the suction power of the vacuum cleaner depending upon your cleaning needs. You can set the desired suction power for various tasks, including cleaning of floors, upholstery, curtains, and drapes, etc.
3. Auto Shut Off
This feature automatically turns off the vacuum cleaner if anything like a toy, or other stuff gets stuck in the cleaning head.
4. Edge Cleaning
The edge cleaning feature in the vacuum cleaners ensures the effective cleaning of dirt and dust particles that are left around the corners or borders of the walls, or around any obstacles.
5. Filter Alert
If the bag or the canister of a vacuum cleaner is full of dirt and you are still using them, it reduces the cleaning capacity of the vacuum cleaner. That’s why the latest vacuum cleaners come with an alarm or indicator to remind you for a filter replacement or emptying the canister without affecting the performance.
This is all about the best vacuum cleaners for home use. Since we all know that cleanliness and hygiene of our home is of utmost importance to us. And so vacuum cleaners play a vital role in the household cleaning. Therefore, it should be chosen cautiously based on our needs and requirements. In this blog, we have rounded up the energy efficient as well as handy and affordable vacuum cleaners for home and office. So make the tedious and boring task of your house cleaning into pleasant and exciting with the above mentioned versatile models of vacuum cleaners.