With the whole day of work and stress, it is obvious that you must need a sound and relaxing sleep of at least 8 hours at night. By far, not only a bed but also a mattress is one of the most important things in your bedroom to get the restful sleep at night. And that’s why it is a great decision to choose the right and Best Mattress for yourself.
Now before starting to choose the right mattress, first analyze Is it The Right Time To Replace Your Mattress?
Signs That Your Mattress Needs Replacement
- Is your mattress 8-10 years old?
- Does it have the signs of wear and tear like lumps, bumps, squeaky coils, saggy edges, etc.?
- Are you waking up with pain and stiffness in your body every morning?
- Whether your allergies are getting out of hand?
If Yes, then you definitely need a mattress replacement.
Once you have analyzed that you need a mattress replacement, the process of choosing the right mattress begins.
Though with a lot of brands, types, and considerations are important in buying the right mattress, we came with an ultimate Buying Guide to help you in choosing the right mattress for you. We have also reviewed some of the top-rated mattress in India, that might help you in making the best pick.
Keep reading to know every single detail on it.
List of 10 Best Mattress in India
We have listed some of the top-rated and best mattress in India that will surely offer a quality sleep at night. Have a look at our curated list and choose the best one on the basis of your preferences and budget.
|Mattress Brands||Mattress Construction||Comfort||Warranty|
|Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress|
|Memory Foam||Soft||10 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Emma Comfort Memory Foam Mattress|
|Memory Foam||Medium Firm||20 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepyhead Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress|
|Memory Foam||Medium Firm||10 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Amore Hybrid Eurotop Orthopedic Mattress|
|Memory Foam and Pocket Spring||-||5 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Springtek Eurotop Mattress|
|Pocket Spring and Latex Foam||Medium Firm||8 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Dreamzee Ortho-Care Mattress|
|Memory Foam||Soft||5 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|SleepyCat Plus Orthopedic King Size Mattress|
|Gel Memory Foam||-||10 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Sleepwell Starlite Splendor Foam Mattress|
|PU Foam||Extra Firm||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Duroflex Back Magic- Orthopaedic Coir Mattress|
|Coir||Firm||7 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Sunday Orthopedic Mattress|
|Memory foam and latex||Medium Firm||10 Years||CHECK PRICE|
Best Mattress In India Reviews
1. Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress (Overall Best Mattress)
Wakefit is one of the best brands that offer top-notch mattresses for your ultimate comfort. So, for an improved and better quality sleep, this orthopedic memory foam mattress from Wakefit comes the first on our list. It will surely be an excellent choice for you in providing the best comfort and support.
This orthopedic memory foam mattress combines five layers of construction. The base layer includes high resilience foam for firm support. After the base layer, there comes a transition layer, and then the memory foam layer is perfect for body contouring.
The next is cool foam that makes you feel cool and comfortable while sleeping on it. And finally, there comes a breathable fabric at the top that avoids sweating during long sleep hours.
The best is its memory foam material that allows the mattress’s surface to mold to your body’s shape when you sleep on it. Therefore, it provides the ultimate spine, neck, and hip support and true comfort at all. So, buying this orthopedic mattress will be worth it for anyone with back pain and neck pain issues.
Not so firm and not so soft, the medium firmness is the specialty of this mattress that makes it a good choice for anyone.
Moreover, cleaning and maintenance have never been an issue with this mattress due to its two covers design. The inner cover is fixed, while the outer cover is easily removable and washable for better hygiene.
With various size options, you can buy the one suiting your requirements. Even more, the biggest plus is that you will get a ten years warranty on this mattress that will definitely be the best deal.
- High-quality memory foam construction
- Different pressure zone layer for ultimate comfort
- Breathable fabric keeps you cool and comfortable
- Medium firmness great for relieving back pain and hip pain
- Removable zippered external cover for easy wash
- Usable on both sides
- Various size options available
- 10 Years Warranty
- Ultimate build quality
- Great for back pain and neck pain
- Supports your body very well
- Easy cleaning as the top cover of the mattress is removable and washable
- Very comfortable in summers too
- Worth for the money
- No downsides noted yet
Wakefit Orthopaedic is our top choice and we recommend it over other. It is overall best mattress and value for money. However due to high demand this mattress get out of stock often, if this is not available check our first runner up, which is equally good.
2. Emma Memory Foam King Size Mattress (first runner up)
The winner of the best mattress globally, Emma mattress brings all comfort and support you need for a quality sleep. So, this memory foam mattress from Emma comes to the next of our list.
Featuring the right density of layers, this mattress perfectly fits every sleep style. No matter what your weight or size is, the mattress easily adapts all body types to offer pain-free comfort while sleeping in. It is also a right mattress for heavy people.
The construction includes three foam layers- airgocell-layer, visco-elastic memory foam, and a long-lasting supportive base layer of polyurethane foam. Moreover, a regulating top cover is also there designed with unique climate fiber. It increases breathability and also keeps you cool for the most comfortable sleep.
The mattress easily contours to your body shape, therefore it ensures correct spinal alignment. So, if you are the person suffering from back pain or neck pain, this mattress is absolutely the right choice for you.
Now, talking about the firmness level, this mattress scores 6.5 out of 10 at the firmness scale, which means it is a medium-firm mattress. Being soft on top with a little bounce, it provides a well-cushioned and supported feel.
The edge support is too good of this mattress, making you worry-free from falling off the bed. Plus, if you are sharing the bed with your partner, it’s good motion isolation features don’t create any disturbance to your partner when you toss or turn on.
Ultimately with the great build quality and unparalleled comfort, this mattress is worth for the money. Moreover, add-ons like 20 years warranty, 100-nights free trial makes it an absolutely fabulous choice.
- Three-layer foam structure provides maximum support and comfort
- Includes- Airgocell-layer, visco-elastic memory foam and the base layer of polyurethane foam
- Medium-firm mattress that is good for relieving back pain
- Improves pressure distribution
- Zipped mattress cover for easy cleaning and maintenance
- 20 Years of Manufacturing warranty
- 100 nights free trial
- Exceptional comfort and build quality
- Keeps you cool during summers
- Zero motion transfer
- Best for almost all types of sleepers
- Good orthopedic mattress
- No downsides noted yet
3. Sleepyhead 3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress
Our third best pick is again a high-quality orthopedic memory foam mattress from the brand Sleepyhead. For its top-notch quality and comfort, it can be your best bed mate. This innovative, luxurious, and stylish mattress overall, suits maximum body types as well as their sleeping positions. Thereby provides an optimum level of comfort for almost all.
Now, talking about the construction, it includes three layers. With the firm foam base, memory foam in the middle, and a breathable soft layer to the top of it provides coziness and support.
With the score of 7/10 on the firmness scale, the mattress is not too soft or too hard. It means with the medium level of firmness; it is ideal for anyone to use it without any hesitation.
The mattress distributes the weight of the sleeper evenly and keeps their spine straight. It also moulds perfectly to your body, relieves pressure, and further enhances the right sleeping posture. So, for anyone with back pain issues, this mattress is good to use for a quality sleep at night.
This memory foam mattress also comes with the right amount of bounce. It means the mattress is featured with good motion isolation. So if you are sharing the bed with your partner, he/she will never feel any disturbance when you turn or toss on while sleeping.
To enhance the best cleaning experience, the mattress comes with a high quality zippable and removable outer cover that you can wash easily to maintain hygiene.
What makes it best is its easy and risk-free trial of 100 nights. It ensures the consumer to return the mattress for a full refund if they didn’t like it within that period. Moreover, the ten years warranty on the product and excellent customer service make this mattress an outstanding purchase.
- Four-layer construction with three different types of high-quality foam
- Supports even weight distribution, thereby reduces body pain
- The right amount of bounce
- The right amount of density
- Breathable outer fabric
- The removable and washable outer cover
- Various size options available
- 100 nights free trial
- 10 years warranty
- Durable mattress
- Very comfortable
- Good motion isolation feature
- Best to use for those who have back pain
- Not works best for orthopedic pain as mentioned
4. Amore Hybrid Eurotop Orthopedic Memory Foam Pocket Spring Mattress
It is another best mattress in India, of course, for a quality sleep. This euro top mattress combines premium style, finish, and luxury while being easy on the pocket. Also, with many more awesome features, it can surely be a great bedding solution for a comfortable sleep.
The Amore Hybrid mattress combines breathable memory foam, high-grade foams, and bonnell pocket springs for maximum comfort and durability. The best part is that the inclusion of both premium pocket springs and memory foam ensures pressure relief and sturdy feel to the sleepers.
Except, the top of the cover comes in a beautiful quilted knitted fabric that ensures good temperature regulation. It is a great plus for hot sleepers, which means you will not feel hot overnight, even in extremely hot conditions.
The mattress also comes with a two-sided foam layer to use it from both sides. Moreover, the reinforced corners prevent you from rolling off the edges.
Back pain is now a very common issue among most of the people. So, if you are one of them, this mattress is the right choice. It redistributes your body weight and reduces the spinal pressure by conforming perfectly to the body shape.
Another best feature of this mattress is its great motion isolation factor. No matter how much you turn or toss on while sleeping, your moves will not disturb your partner at all. It means both of you can sleep peacefully and undisturbed overnight.
- Hybrid mattress to use from both sides
- Anti-sag pocket-spring technology
- Zero Partner Disturbance
- Adapts to the body temperature while redistributing weight and reducing spinal pressure by conforming perfectly to the body shapes
- Provides personalized comfort support
- Keeps the body cool and sweet free
- Available in various sizes
- Looks stylish and luxurious
- Very comfortable mattress
- Memory foam is great for back pain issues, and pocket spring is ideal for pressure relief
- Bouncy and soft
- No downsides noted yet
5. Springtek Eurotop Pocket Spring and Latex Foam King Size Mattress
This mattress from Springtek is rated as the best spring mattress in India. It boasts exceptional quality, outstanding comfort, and superior durability all in one. Even with many more features, it can be the best addition to your bedding needs.
The mattress includes absolutely non-toxic material construction without formaldehyde and harmful chemicals. It makes the mattress hypoallergenic, mould, and dust mite-resistant. Therefore absolutely safe for anyone, even for babies too.
This Springtek mattress combines a multi-zoned innerspring system with a thick 2″ layer of premium natural latex & pocket springs for ultimate comfort and relaxation. It makes the mattress conform to your body, thus provides superior support and pressure relieving.
You will surely love its unique open cell structure of natural latex and pinhole patterns that ensures superior airflow and ventilation. So, you will definitely sleep cool all overnight without worrying about heat and sweat.
Talking about the firmness, it is a medium feel mattress that is rated 6-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. So, it is great for the users who like a medium feel that cushions and supports them in any sleeping position.
Another best feature of this pocket spring and latex foam mattress is its good motion isolation. It conforms very well to your body shape and avoids motion transfer. Therefore, your partner will sleep fully restful, no matter how restless you are overnight.
One thing that makes this mattress is fully worth the price is its long-lasting durability. Natural latex is well-known for its highly durable and resilient features. Therefore, the presence of natural latex in this mattress makes it best for prolonged usage.
Furthermore, 30-nights risk-free trial, eight years limited warranty, and exceptional customer service make this a valuable mattress at all.
- Pocket spring and latex foam construction
- Plush and medium comfort level
- Cool and breathable
- Superior pushback support
- Excellent pressure distribution
- Hypo-allergic and non-toxic
- Reduced motion transfer
- 8 Years limited warranty
- Great quality mattress
- Firm and supportive
- Great sleep at an affordable price
- Very comfortable
- Complaints of uneven stitching
6. Dreamzee Ortho-Care Memory Foam Mattress
The next on our list is Dreamzee ortho-care memory foam mattress that comes in a beautiful and comfortable design. It is again a high-quality mattress, best for getting relief from back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and hip pain.
Talking about the materials used in this mattress-all are of high quality. You will get a peaceful and restful sleep with its deluxe cushioning of 1-inch cool memory foam. It responds to your body’s individual shape, weight, and temperature. It also offers precise support to your body and keeps your spine in alignment.
Then a layer of soft foam provides good cushioning and also helps in relieving pressure points.
And at the bottom, there comes a High-Resilience foam that provides good support from head-to-toe to improve your sleep quality. This solid support base absorbs your weight to dampen motion transfer and prevent noise too.
All these layers are finely covered with premium quality knitted fabric, which is cool and breathable. Also, its hexagon design gives it a stylish and premium look.
When it comes to the comfort level, the mattress is rated as soft on the firmness scale to maintain your body posture.
Another best feature of this mattress is dual comfort. It means it is a reversible type mattress that you can use from both sides. The top is soft, and the bottom is medium-firm so that you can choose your preferable side.
Overall, this mattress offers you a quality sleep with deluxe feeling and, most importantly, at an affordable price range. Smart packaging, excellent customer service, and five years of manufacturing warranty make this mattress a good choice for Indian customers.
- Reversible mattress with dual comfort
- Soft at top and medium-firm at the bottom
- Three-layer construction- Cool memory foam, soft foam and high resilience foam at the bottom
- High GSM quilted knitted breathable fabric cover
- Soft mattress
- Available in various sizes
- 5 years manufacturing warranty
- Looks stylish and luxurious
- Very comfortable mattress
- Dual side usage is a nice feature
- Durable and excellent build quality
- Good mattress for back pain issues
- Available in white color only. There must be different color options.
7. SleepyCat Plus 8 Inch Orthopedic Memory Foam King Size Mattress
Want to sleep cool as well as pain-free? This SleepyCat Mattress can be your best bed mate, thanks to the gel memory foam construction. It provides you unique support and comfort, better air circulation, back pain, and pressure relief, all in one single mattress.
Though it is a great buy for all types of sleepers, it comes with various advantages, especially for side sleepers. It features 6-inch high-density base foam, which is great for backaches. Plus, the 2-inch gel memory foam construction contours to your body shape and distributes your body weight all around.
There also comes an inner netted cover that ensures good airflow throughout the mattress. So, no more worrying about dust and mold build-up. It also keeps the mattress fresh all the time.
Undoubtedly, the smart washable zipper Cover is an excellent addition to the mattress, making the maintenance very easy.
This mattress comes with a Certi-PUR-US certification, which means absolutely safe to use. It doesn’t have any toxic emissions, which makes it ideal for all, even for your toddlers too.
- Orthopedic gel memory foam and high-density foam construction
- Non-toxic material makes it safe for everyone
- Medium firmness to support the people with back pain
- Zero motion transfer ensures no disturbance to your partner
- Cooling gel foam keeps you cold in extreme hot conditions
- Smart zipper cover makes maintenance easy
- 10 Years Warranty
- Premium quality mattress
- Very comfortable
- Durable mattress
- Nice orthopedic mattress
- Bit expensive but worth for the price
8. Sleepwell Starlite Splendor Medium Firm Foam Mattress
Sleepwell comes amongst the top mattress brands in India. So, here comes our next best pick from the same brand. Even, if you are searching for a quality mattress at an affordable price tag, this mattress is for you.
The Starlite Splendor from Sleepwell is excellently designed to offer you the most comfortable resting place after the whole tiring day. Not only a perfect night rest but also it gives great back support.
When it comes to construction, it includes high-density PU foam and EPE sheet. Over there, an air mesh fabric ensures better air circulation to give you the most relaxing and comfortable sleep. It also retains the long-lasting freshness in the mattress and remains it clean for a long duration.
- Twin layer soft PU foam quilting
- Air mesh fabric for improved air circulation
- Extra firm mattress for good back support
- Multi-layered core for ultimate comfort
- Available in variable sizes
- 1-year warranty
- Nice and comfortable mattress
- Good mattress to relieve back pain
- Soft and breathable fabric
- Only one year warranty
9. Duroflex Back Magic- Orthopaedic King Size Coir Mattress
Coir mattresses are great choices for you because of its great support to the body. Thus, if you want ultimate painless comfort and a higher degree of back support, this coir mattress from the brand Duroflex can be the best addition to your bed.
Those who are dust allergic and want an eco-friendly mattress; again, this mattress is an ideal mate.
The mattress consists of a 5-zoned exclusive orthopedic support. It includes a tough core of a high-density coir and rebonded foam that supports your whole body, relaxes muscles, and makes you feel comfortable while sleeping. Moreover, the outer Jacquard woven fabric is very breathable and comfortable.
This mattress is also ideal for those people who are looking for a firm mattress. On the firmness scale, it is rated as 8.5 out of 10, which means higher on the firm side.
With an elegant blue color option, it looks stylish too. Plus, the warranty of 7 years makes it an outstanding purchase for you.
- 5 zoned orthopedic layer
- Firm mattress
- Provides differentiated support to five zones of your body
- Gives ultimate back and spine support
- Cool and comfortable
- Warranty 7 years
- Various size options available
- Looks cool and stylish
- Gives a lot of relaxations to backaches
- Top-notch quality
- Very comfortable
- The outer cover is not-removable, therefore requires a lot of care and maintenance
- Not ideal for those who want soft mattress feel
10. Sunday Ortho Plus Memory Foam & Latex Mattress Queen Size
Now last but surely not least, a high-quality orthopedic mattress from the newly established mattress brand Sunday. Founded in 2016, the company aims to offer the best mattress ranges at an affordable price.
The Ortho Plus from Sunday is an 8-inch mattress that combines the layers of 2-inch latex, 1-inch memory foam, and 5-inch high-resilience support foam. This three-zone design offers excellent comfort and therapeutic support.
Its outer cotton top cover is 100% organic that’s great for any allergic or asthmatic person. Even no more hot summer nights. The inclusion of open-cell latex on the top ensures that the mattress does not heat up like other mattresses. So, you can sleep cool.
The mattress scores 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, which categorizes it as a medium-firm mattress. So, the one who wants softness and support both, the mattress is great for them.
No matter what your sleeping type is (side, stomach, or back), it suits all sleeping styles. The best part is that it is a great companion for you that reduces back pain and neck pain.
Moreover, the 100 nights free trial and 10 years warranty on the mattress makes it a good deal at all.
- Combination of memory foam, latex foam, and high resilience support foam
- The thickness of 8 inches for maximum comfort
- Organic cotton zipper cover makes cleaning and maintenance very easy
- Zero motion transfer making it a good choice for couples
- Medium-firm mattress
- Organic cover makes it great for an allergic and asthmatic person
- A balance between plushness and back support
- Keeps your spine aligned
- 100 nights free trial
- 10 Years Warranty
- Great comfort and support
- Good mattress for couples with good motion isolation
- Perfect for those with asthma and allergies
- Long-lasting and durable
- Temperature control could be better
- Complaints of bad smell from the mattress
How to Choose the Best Mattress? (Mattress Buying Guide)
Let’s start from different types of the mattress along with their pros and cons.
Different Types of Mattress
There comes the different type of mattress in India that you can better understand with the description we have given below for each type of mattress.
1. Foam Mattress
Offering you the soft and comfortable feel, the foam mattress is the most popular choice in India that is cushioned with foam inside the mattress. It is the best mattress for back and hip pain. Plus, they have the ability to maintain the body heat and therefore, they provide great comfort in both summer and winters.
- Offers you the full body support
- Very comfortable to sleep in
- Restrain the development of bed bugs and dust mites
- Anti-bacterial and hypoallergenic
- Do not provide firm support to your body as your body sinks into the mattress
- These are heat sensitive, so causes sweating a lot
2. Memory Foam Mattress
Memory foam mattress has gained its popularity to its extreme. These are the best mattresses that most of the people prefer nowadays. The reason behind this is that it is extremely soft and comfortable. The memory foam mattress is made up of several layers of foam that prevent the mattress from becoming sag or firm in the middle. Even it is the ideal choice for both side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
What is extremely best about the memory foam mattress is its state-of-the-art pressure relieving technology that eradicates the pressure building up on your body. It also has the ability to mold it according to your body pressure and thus spread the weight equally over its surface. Plus, the polyurethane material present in the mattress protects it from dirt and dust to restrain allergies. And moreover, the mattress helps in maintaining the perfect body temperature while you sleep.
Check out the Best Memory Foam Mattresses
- Best for spine alignment and back support
- Great in terms of durability
- Require less maintenance
- Good for pressure points as well
- Prevents dirt and debris
- It keeps a near perfect body temperature and thus keeps you warm in winters and cool during summers
- Less sagging
- These are flexible and contour according to your body pressure, so lacks in providing firm support to your body
- It comes with the dense foam making it heavy, so it is quite difficult to move from one place to another
- Complaints of initial odor when using the mattress for the first time
3. Coir Mattress
With a lot of health benefits, coir mattress is an ideal and economical choice. It is made up of natural fibers, that is comparatively harder, and somehow they tend to be uncomfortable as compared to the foam mattresses. As they are the most Eco-friendly mattresses, on the downside they come with the short life span.
One of the great advantages of coir mattress is that it can maintain the ideal temperature for sleeping as it circulates air across the various layers, present inside the mattress.
Want to buy Coir Mattress ? Check our post on Best Coir Mattress
- Offers you a comfortable, restful, and refreshing sleep
- These mattresses are well ventilated ensuring maximum flow of air that makes you feel cool and comfortable while sleeping
- It maintains the firmness and thereby gives accurate support to your body
- Great for people who are allergic to dirt and dust
- It offers the perfect temperature to sleep in
- Requires no maintenance
- Affordable as compared to other mattress types
- These mattresses are too firm, so sometimes they become uncomfortable
- They are not durable
- It increases the pressure points rather than reducing them, and that’s why resulting in body pain especially on back and shoulders
4. Spring Mattress
If you prefer back sleeping or tummy sleeping, an innerspring mattress is an ideal buy. These mattresses contain spring in their frame that makes it bouncy. Plus, they offer the right amount of support and provide medium comfort for back pain. On the downside, the innerspring mattresses exhibit motion transfer, that disturbs your sleep, if your partner has the habit of moving around.
- Low cost
- Offers springy and reactive feel
- Not so comfortable
- Gathers a lot of dust
- Negatively affect the spine
- Wear out very quickly
5. Latex Mattress
The latex mattress is made up of latex material instead of foam that is produced by collecting the sap from the rubber tree and then processed. Plus, they also include poly-foam and other materials. And with the upside, they offer exceptional cooling, amazing comfort, and enhanced durability. They have good bouncy effects and are eco-friendly too. But, they are typically expensive.
- Extremely comfortable
- Great for those who have back pain and joint pain
- It promotes proper spine alignment
- 100% natural, no toxic chemicals are present in the mattress
- Resistant to molds and dust mites
- Excellent air circulation
- Heavy in weight as compared to other mattress types
6. Gel Mattress
The Gel mattresses are made up of gel instead of foam to provide comfort and support to heavy sleepers. They offer fantastic cooling experience while sleeping because of their enhanced air circulation. And this allows your body heat to escape out rather than trapping it inside the mattress. The best part with the gel mattresses is that they retain their original shape very quickly, once the pressure is removed. And that is what makes it more comfortable.
- It provides cool restful sleep to those with high body temperature and who sweat a lot
- Very comfortable
- With better open cell structure, it is more breathable and airy
- Maintains the proper alignment as it doesn’t sink too far
- Offers soft comfort and adequate support
- Not ideal for side sleepers and to those who are light in weight
7. Water Mattress or Water bed
These are the new innovative mattresses that use water rather than foam or coils to give the mattress a shape and thus providing you utmost comfort and relief from pain. These mattresses distribute your weight evenly and relieve the pressure points to provide you relief and comfort from arthritis and back pain. And the best part is that you can easily adjust the firmness by adding or removing water according to your preferred comfort level.
- Provides excellent sleeping comfort as it conforms itself around your body
- Offers full contour support to your back and spine and therefore reduces the pressure on your muscles and joints
- Comes with an in-built heater to heat out the water during cold
- Very easy to clean
- Because of vinyl material composition, they don’t absorb dirt and dust
- Some modern water mattresses come with two different sections allowing you and your partner to adjust the temperature and firmness on each side independently depending on their comfort
- Water beds are too heavy to move around
- Requires a lot of care and maintenance
- In case of an accidental puncture, the water bed starts leaking
8. Pillow Top Mattress
For ultimate full-body support, pillow top mattresses are the most trendy choices nowadays. Not only it offers ultimate support to your body, but also provides maximum comfort. The construction includes an innerspring foundation with an additional top layer of padding for unmatched support and comfort. This additional layer of padding makes these mattresses different from others. Even this top layer comprises several materials like cotton, latex, memory foam, polyurethane—foam, or other fibers that you can choose accordingly.
- An extra portion of padding offers ultimate comfort
- It evenly distributes your weight to eliminate any discomfort
- These mattresses do not retain heat, therefore keeps you cool and comfortable while sleeping
- The pillow top mattresses with memory foam construction are especially good for back pain
- Less durable than other types of mattresses
- It sags easily
- Not ideal for heavier people
9. Euro Top Mattress
Most similar to the pillow top mattresses, the Euro Top mattress offers you a luxury hotel mattress experience. Even these are softer than pillow top mattresses with the stitching done to the top layer, making them flush around the edges. The Euro top mattresses include foam or fiberfill construction for more improved quality over the pillow top mattresses. Plus, they are also dense and thick. These are an excellent choice for people suffering from back pain or neck pain.
- Foam or fiberfill composition for more comfort
- Very soft in the center and firm around the edges
- More durable over the pillow top mattress
- Improved edge support because it comes flush with the side of the mattress
- These are more likely to contour to the body and relieve pressure points
- Reduces motion transfer
- Sags at the edges soon
Different Size of the Mattress
Now coming to the next, considering the mattress size is also very much important. In India, the modern mattresses come in variable sizes that are described here as under:
|Twin or Single size||39" x 75"||Best for single bed|
|Twin XL||39" x 80"||Single bed but for taller people|
|Full Size||54" x 75"||Best for 2 people, sleeping close to each other|
|Full Size XL||54" x 80"||For 2 people with 5 inch more space in height|
|Queen Size||60" x 80"||Popular among couples with space for small kid or pets|
|King Size||76" x 80"||Big enough for 3 people. Even 4 small persons.|
|California King Size||72" x 84"||Largest available size mattress in market|
1. Single Size Mattress or Twin Mattress
These generally come with the dimension of 39” X 75” (Inches) and ideally best fit for the single cots. The twin mattresses are slim in size but provide adequate sleeping space for single sleepers from toddlers to teenagers. But if you are a tall and heavy adult, the twin mattress is not for you.
2. Twin XL Mattress
The Twin XL mattress has the dimension of 39” X 80” (Inches) that is same in width like the regular twin mattress but with more 5 inches in length. And thus it is a good option for the taller people. Plus, they are the great space savers for those living in tight spaces. And as a bonus, these are easy to move around.
3. Full-Size Mattress
With the dimension of 54” X 75” (Inches), the full-size mattress offers more wider space while sleeping than the previous ones. Also known as a double mattress, the full-size mattress is the ideal choice for an individual adult or kid who loves to sleep alone or with a pet. But if we talk about couples where one or both want to have their little personal space to stretch out their legs, or for the taller adults, the mattress is not for them.
4. Full XL Mattress
The Full XL size mattress comes with the dimension of 54” X 80” (Inches), the same in width like a full size mattress but with more 5 inches in length. And this additional length makes it an ideal fit for the taller adults, as well as the couples who want their own personal space to stretch out their legs.
5. Queen Size Mattress
The queen size mattress is the ideal choice for growing adults or couple who likes to sleep closer to each other. It comes in the dimension of 60” X 80” (Inches) that is 7 inches wider and 5 inches longer than a full-size mattress. And so, the comfortable dimension of this mattress makes it very much popular and the preferable choice for most of us.
6. King Size Mattress
Coming to the next, the King Size mattress has the dimension of 76” X 80” (Inches) that is considered to be the best size for couples. It offers both the person their own space while sleeping. Plus, the one who own pets or prefer sleeping with their pets, this size is absolutely a great choice for the mattress. Buy the Best King Size Mattress
7. California King
The California King mattress is the longest and widest mattress out there than the other available sizes. This one size in a mattress provides maximum sleeping space whether you sleep single or sleeping with your partner. It has the dimension of 72” X 84” (Inches) that offers extra inches for the taller people. But keep in mind that you need a larger master bedroom as it takes much space that doesn’t fit to the smaller master bedroom.
The Right Firmness In Your Mattress
Checking the firmness level of your mattress is very much important. Now if you think, what is the firmness in a mattress, we can define it by the level of softness or hardness you want in your mattress. We already know the terms like extra-firm, medium-firm, plush, etc. that describes different mattress models, but to get it understand in a better way, you must go through the firmness scale of the mattress. This scale rates the mattress firmness from 1-10 that we have described here so that you can choose the desired level of firmness you want.
|1-2||Soft||These are quite soft and plush with definite sink|
|3-4||Medium-Soft||It offers middle-ground with some plushness but with more limited sink|
|5-7||Medium-Firm||Offers hard feel with only a limited level of softness and sink|
|8-10||Firm||No softness, plushness, and even no sink at all|
Apart from that, there comes one more category in the mattress called Universal Comfort, offering you a balanced level of support and comfort for the majority of sleepers. Though these mattresses have only one firmness level, the design and structure of their foams offer the ultimate comfort for a variety of sleepers including tall, short, heavy, light, side, back, and stomach, etc.
Choosing the Right Mattress Depending on Your Sleeping Positions
Well, the different sleeping position requires different types of mattress to provide you comfortable and better sleep. So have a look at the different sleeping styles of yours to influence your buying decision in choosing the right mattress.
1. Side Sleepers
Side sleeping is one of the common sleeping pose for most of us. Sleeping on your side comes with many pros that include the elongation of your spine to reduce the risk of back pain, or it can help you with the heartburn and acid reflux or other gastrointestinal issues, and much more.
So, if you are a side sleeper, you need a mattress with soft to medium level of firmness that can contour to the shape of your body to make it most comfortable while sleeping. Plus a soft mattress comes with a lot of support that will relieve pressure point on your neck and back to let you away from the issues of back pain, neck pain, and shoulder pain.
2. Back Sleepers
If you are a back sleeper, then congratulations! as it is considered to be the best as well as the healthiest and most comfortable sleeping pose. In this sleeping position, your neck and spine remain straight throughout the night. And since your back is also aligned, it doesn’t strain your muscles and makes it comfortable. So, depending upon this sleeping position, you are supposed to choose the mattress ranging from medium-firm to firm that aids in providing amazing support without compromising your comfort zone.
3. Stomach Sleepers
Although this sleeping position is not best at all, but still if you prefer stomach sleeping position, choosing the right mattress can make a big difference surely. This sleeping position puts a lot of pressure on your hips and pelvic area. And in this case, if your bedding doesn’t offer you the proper support, it may lead to chronic back pains. That’s why we would suggest you to choose the mattress that is firm. The firm mattress offers your body weight to get equally distributed, that avoids the potential sinking, and this way, you will get stay flat while sleeping to avoid the back, shoulder, and hips pain.
Choosing The Right Mattress Depending On Your Body Weight
Deciding upon the best bedding, depending on your body weight is also an important consideration. Here we have detailed for you the best type of bedding you need according to your body weight.
1. Light Sleepers
The people less than 130 lbs comes into the category of light sleepers. The best part with the light sleepers is that they tend to stay on the upper layer. As they are light in weight, they don’t sink down into the layers of the mattress. And, such type of sleeper should choose the soft mattress in the 1-2 range of the firmness scale.
2. Average-Sized Sleepers
The people with the weight range from 130-200 lbs falls into the category of average-sized sleepers. And they should go for the mattress with the firmness level of medium-soft or medium-firm. This firmness level will provide the enough cushioning to create a comfortable and supportive sleeping surface to them.
3. Heavy Sleepers
Sleepers who weigh more than 200 lbs are the heavy sleepers. In this case, the sleepers sink too deeply into the mattress that makes them feel very unsupportive and uncomfortable while sleeping. And so a firm mattress is an ideal choice for these type of sleepers that offers a strong support core to them. As far as, the firm mattress also features the comfort layers that are more dense and allow the sleepers to rest on the upper layers of the mattress rather than deep sinking into it.
Mattress for Particular Needs
1. During Pregnancy
In your pregnancy tenure, you face so many issues like increase in abdomen size, heartburn, backache, insomnia, etc. that creates a lot of problems while sleeping. But good bedding ensures quiet night sleep even if you have all these issues. Doctors recommend that the best sleeping position is side sleeping during your pregnancy.
And if you are in search of right mattress, go for the one that is medium firm. It will offer you the right firmness level for providing you both support and comfort you need during pregnancy.
Plus, when it comes to material, I would recommend the memory foam mattress or the combination of memory foam and latex is the most ideal choice. Most of the time during pregnancy, you feel sticky or soaked in sweat, which means you are a hot sleeper. And in this case, you need a mattress that keeps you cool. Gel foam mattresses are considered to be the best choice for hot sleepers that keeps you cool and comfortable while sleeping.
2. Mattress For Couples
Well, if you are sharing the bed with your partner, a good mattress is very much important for a comfortable sleep as well as without any disturbance. Motion transfer is one of the most common issues among most of the couples. If one partner changes the position all over the night or has the habit of going washroom frequently at night, it is obvious that your partner’s sleep will get affected.
Well, in this case, you need a mattress that eliminates the motion transfer. Therefore, go for the one that is not too hard or not too soft. A medium-firm mattress is considered to be the best choice for most of the couples.
Also, if your partner is too heavy, ensure that the mattress has the feature to provide maximum support so that both of you can sleep well.
3. Mattress for Kids
A good quality sleep of your kids is the key to their growth and development, and also it improves their immunity as well. So, a quality mattress matters a lot. Before investing in a mattress for kids, check for the mattress size, comfort, support, durability, proper air circulation, etc.
If you want the mattress for your newborn baby, the ideal dimension will be 28” X 52”. Plus a slightly firmer surface makes your baby very comfortable while sleeping. The foam and coil mattresses are the ideal options. Also, choose the one that is organically certified. All these features will definitely make your baby sleep well.
But if you are searching for the mattress for toddlers and kids, size consideration is the primary step. The twin size would be a great choice but might need an upgrade after a few years, as your child grows year by year. Twin XL is an excellent choice for taller kids. But if you don’t want to upgrade the mattress until their teenage years; you must go with the full-size mattress.
Choosing The Right Mattress For Specific Medical Conditions
1. Mattress for Neck pain
The poor posture results in the strain of neck muscles that causes neck pain. Sometimes injury, stiff and weak muscles, wrong sleeping position, pregnancy and even using wrong pillows are the cause, but old and saggy mattresses can also create neck pain. Spinal misalignment is one of the primary causes of neck pain. So, the most important thing to consider is your sleeping surface that can support your spine and neck.
Super soft mattress makes your body sink into the cushion too far that creates a long curve from your hips to head. The same way, super firm mattress also creates a long curve from your hips to head as they don’t let your hips and shoulders to sink in deep. Therefore it is very much important to choose the mattress that keeps your whole spine in alignment, so that you can get relief from neck pain for a better night sleep.
If you have neck pain, you must choose a supportive sleep position for your spine and also choose the right pillow for your neck pain. But when it comes to the mattress by its type, memory foam, latex, hybrid, and innerspring are proving to be the best choice for getting relief from neck pain.
2. Mattress for Back Pain
Back pain occurs because of strain in your back muscles whether it is due to lifting too heavy objects, or wrong sleeping positions, or due to sudden twists or movements, or using the wrong mattress at all. So, it is recommended to choose the mattress that offers good support, has the good conforming ability, and the right level of firmness.
We have already discussed about these points in the above section that will let you choose the best one. Choosing best mattress for back pain is recommended because it adjust according to shape of body which helps sleeping comfortably in night
Proper spine alignment is very must to avoid back pain, and thus, you need a mattress that is comfortable enough to make the pressure points rest at night comfortably. A medium firm mattress or a mattress with a soft pillow top can give your spine the right level of support and cushioning. When it comes to material, I would recommend using memory foam or latex mattresses. And talking about the sleeping position, side sleeping with a pillow under your waist lets you alleviate the pain in your back. Also, sleeping on your stomach is a good option too.
3. Mattress for Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is another common issue in most of the people that comes from putting too much pressure on your shoulders while sleeping. One of the main reasons of shoulder pain amongst most of the people is their preference of side sleeping position that exerts more pressure on their shoulders. And it creates some very painful pressure points which in results cause more severe shoulder pain.
Incorrect sleeping position or poor posture, or injury are some of the reasons, but using a wrong mattress can also result in shoulder pain. So choose the mattress that relieves these painful pressure points and keeps your spine aligned and makes your muscles to relax. Investing in a mattress that allow your shoulders to sink in enough without even curving your spine or crunching your neck, so that you can get relief from pressure, is really a good deal. And in that case, my opinion is to choose from memory foam and latex mattress.
4. Mattress for Hip pain
Hip pain is also now becoming very common in most of the adults as well as old age people because of spinal arthritis, or injury, or wrong sleeping position as well as using the firmer bed without a proper hug. So, there are too many considerations for choosing the right mattress if you have hip pain.
If you are a heavy sleeper, the firm and thinner mattress are the best choice as too soft and thick beds may lead to excessive sagging in your hip area where more weight is concentrated. On the other hand, light sleepers will choose typically softer mattresses that conform closely to their body to get rid from the hip pain.
And when it comes to sleeping position, side sleepers need much support around their hips in comparison to back and stomach sleepers. Though these points are important to consider, but also in the case of hip pain, traditional coil beds are considered to be the best choice, but you can also go for memory foam and hybrid mattress.
5. Mattress for Arthritis
Arthritis is a disease that causes swelling, pain, and stiffness in your joints. There are various forms of arthritis ranging from bone cartilage deterioration to inflammation and stiffness in knees, ankle, wrist, and feet, etc. And if you have spinal arthritis, it can create discomfort and swelling in the back and spine. Therefore, the right mattress is very much essential for those who are suffering from this issue.
So, the people with arthritis must look for the mattress that provides good support to your entire body including neck, spine, waist, and legs and also to all the joint areas like shoulders, hips, and knees. In fact, the mattress which offers a flat and even surface as well as close conforming to diminishes pain and pressure in the sensitive areas is considered to be the best choice.
Though medium firmness level is the best to get relax, but if you are a back sleeper, coil and high-end foam mattress are the perfect choices with a medium-firm feel. On the other hand, if you are a side sleeper, go for the one with plush and soft mattress.
6. Mattress for Sciatica
The pain that travels from the lower back down and through the back on the legs is referred to as sciatica. And this issue can create great discomfort in moving out your legs and feet, as well as feels burning and tingling, weakness and numbness there. Though a quality mattress won’t cure the issue but can help in reducing the symptoms and makes you sleep better at night.
Memory foam and latex mattress are the preferred choices for sciatica sufferers. And when it comes to firmness, a medium-firm mattress is the ideal one for those who sleep on their back. For side sleepers, a slightly softer mattress is very comfortable. But if you prefer sleeping on your front, it is not an ideal sleeping position if you are suffering from sciatica. But, if you don’t feel comfortable in any other sleeping position, you must go with the firm mattress that will keep your body aligned and makes you feel comfortable while sleeping.
7. Mattress for Allergies and Asthma
The mattresses when comes in exposure with dust mites, molds, dirt, and chemicals can cause allergic reactions to you and sometimes asthma attack too. Thanks to the modern mattresses that come with special features to reduce the exposure from these problems. So, it is always god to check the comparable standards of the mattress before buying them. Also, check whether the mattress has standard certifications or not. In case of asthma or allergies, it is better to invest in an eco-friendly mattress and thus pocketed coils, as well as natural latex mattress, are the best choice.
Important Mattress Accessories
For the prolonged life of your valuable mattress, it is better to utilize the following important mattress accessories.
Mattress protector, also known as mattress cover is an important mattress accessory that maintains the longevity of your mattress. It also keeps the mattress safe from dirt, oil, spills, bacteria, and dust mites. It actually reduces the general wear and tear of the mattress and keeps it clean and tidy for a longer duration. These are especially very important if you share your bed with small kids or pets.
Mattress toppers offer an extra layer of padding to your mattress to enhance more comfort and support. It is actually a thin version of mattress that lies between 1 inch to 5 inches, and you can choose the one as per your need. Not only it provides you comfort and support, but it also enhances the lifespan of your mattress by protecting it from dirt, germs, night sweats, etc.
Mattress pads are much similar to the mattress toppers but are thinner over them. However, they don’t add much comfort and support like a mattress topper but protects your mattress from spills and stains. The best part is that these are inexpensive too.
Best Mattress Brands in India
Brand always matters as it ensures durability & longevity and most importantly quality of the mattress. In India, there are countless mattress brands to choose from.
These top-most mattress brands offer amazing refund and return policies. Plus, some brands also offer generous sleep trials, so that you can test out their mattresses anywhere from 100 days up to a full year Thus, you can easily evaluate the mattress thoroughly before committing.
The best mattress brands in India you can choose from are: Wakefit, Emma, Sleepwell, Sleepyhead, Dreamzee, Duroflex, Kurlon, Springtek, and Urban Ladder.
Some Other Important Considerations While Choosing The Right Mattress
The durability of the mattress matters a lot. After all, it’s a pricey investment. An average mattress lifespan is a minimum of 10 years. However, the durability also depends on your usage and the quality of the material used.
We have already discussed the lifespan of different mattress types in the respective section. One more important thing to keep in mind is the mattress care and maintenance that enhances its longevity. If you have a kid and your mattress becomes dirty due to their urine and vomit spills, it is better to use the mattress with mattress cover, mattress protectors, or mattress toppers.
2. Sleep Trials
Most of the reputed mattress companies now offer sleep trials for their mattresses to let you check whether it is comfortable for you or not. Some companies offer a 30-day trial and some also for up to 100 days to check on the comfortability of the mattress. In case you don’t like the mattress, the company offers a money back guarantee as well as mattress replacement too.
3. Exchange Offers
If you have your old mattress in good condition and still you want to purchase the new one, some companies have exchange offers, so that you can sell the old one and in exchange buy a new one.
The cost of the mattress depends upon the mattress type, thickness, firmness, size, and of course, the mattress brand. But if you think, the higher you will pay, the better you will get is a common myth. It is better to research for the materials, which type will suits you best, and also the comfort you are searching for, is present in the mattress or not? After analyzing all these factors, decide upon your budget and then invest in the best one. After all, a quality sleep is the most precious thing, and the best mattress will take care of your health as well.
Most of the average and best quality mattress ranges from Rs 10,000 and goes up to Rs 40,000. The luxurious ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,50,000. The choice depends on you.
Considering the warranty of the mattress with its specific terms and conditions is also very important. It ensures how durable your mattress is? Even if your mattress breaks down or got defective within that period, you will get a full replacement for that.
In general, most of the brands offer 5-10 Years warranty on their mattress, and some good one also goes up to 20 Years. It is better to invest in the one that comes with at least 10 years of warranty.
Always opt for the branded one, as low-quality mattresses result in severe issues like pain in various areas of your body as well as not proving to be comfortable. They are also not very durable.
7. Customer Reviews
While purchasing the mattress online, it is very much important to read the customer reviews for that specific product. It will help you in choosing the right one every time. The more positive reviews for the product, the more good product it will be.
Tips for Cleaning and Maintenance of the Mattress
Cleaning your mattress on a regular basis makes it long lasting and provides you healthy and restful sleep. Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining the mattress.
- Make sure to let your mattress to air out every week
- Also, flip your mattress once in a week
- Change the bed sheets on a weekly basis
- Vacuum cleaning is the best way to remove dust and dirt from your mattress
- Deodorize your mattress with the disinfectants to remove unpleasant odor from your mattress
- Use a washable mattress cover to protect your mattress from urine stains, blood stains, as well as vomit stains, etc.
- Mattress protectors keep your mattress clean and help in prolonging its life
- Using the mattress toppers is also important that protects your mattress from stain and dirt
- Replace your mattress every 8-10 years
Mattress Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. Which mattress is best for back pain?
- If you have back pain issues, you can go with any best orthopedic mattress. However, if you want ultimate comfort and relaxation with good back support, the memory foam mattress is the best ideal choice. These are medium-firm mattress that is very good for back and neck support. Ultimately, they conform to your body shape and aligns your spine correctly so you feel comfortable at all.
- 2. What are the different types of mattress and their features?
- The different types of mattress and their features include-
- Memory foam Mattress is economic and very good for back support and ultimate comfort.
- Natural Latex Mattress is expensive and offers OK comfort and back support.
- Pocket Spring Mattress looks stylish and is OK in comfort and back support.
- Regular foam or Bonnell Spring mattresses are an economic option but not good in providing comfort and back support.
- Coir mattress is economical but not good for back support.
- 3. How long does a mattress last?
- Well, the lifespan of different mattress types are different, which is given below:
- Memory Foam Mattress- 10 Years
- Innerspring Mattress- 7-8 Years
- Latex Mattress- up to 15 Years
- Airbed Mattress- 8-15 Years
- Waterbeds- 7-10 Years
- Coir Mattress-3-5 Years
- 4. How to choose the right firmness in your mattress?
- Mattress firmness is one most important things that is entirely based on personal preference. Most mattress brands rate their mattress firmness on the basis of a universal firmness scale. It is a scale from 1-10, with 1 being the softest and 10 being the firmest. For the average sleeper, medium-firm mattress (6-7) is going to be ideal, but factors like your weight, body type, sleeping position, and age can determine better what level of firmness you might find most comfortable.
- 5. Is coir mattress good for summers?
- Yes, coir mattress is the ideal choice for summer as it is highly hygroscopic, airy, and breathable in nature. It helps in keeping your body temperature cool by absorbing additional moisture during sleep.
- 6. What is a reversible mattress?
- The reversible mattress is actually usable on both the sides, being one side firmer and the other side softer. Thus you can easily choose your preferable side according to your comfort.
- 7. How much thickness is required for a mattress?
- The standard thickness of the mattress lies between 6-9 inches, while some luxurious models goes up to 12 inches of thickness. You must choose the right thickness depending upon factors like your body weight, mobility issues, health & medical conditions, as well as height preferences.
- 8. Which is better a hard or soft mattress?
- The hard mattress gives stiffness to your body while the soft mattress cushions your body. Well, both the hard and soft mattresses have their pros and cons, you can choose one depending upon your preferences.
The hard mattress keeps your body straight and the spine neutral while you are sleeping. Thus, it reduces the pressure and offers better night sleep. On the other hand, the soft mattress provides an exact sleeping position by lifting you from the unsupported areas and makes you feel comfortable while sleeping in.
- 9. Which mattress is good for couples?
- The mattress with a good motion isolation feature is best for couples. It reduces the motion transfer of your partner, no matter how much he/she toss or turn during sleeping. Therefore, you will not get disturbed at all. It is always better to opt for a medium-firm mattress if you are sharing the bed with your partner.
Infographic -Ultimate Mattress Guide
Use the following code to add this Infographic in your website
<a href="https://onereview.in/choose-the-right-mattress/" target="_blank" rel="noopener"><img src="https://onereview.in/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/infographic-mattress-buying-guide-onereview-org.png" alt="Infographic Ultimate Mattress Guide - onereview.in" width="800" border="0" /></a><br/>Attribution required to <a href="https://onereview.in/choose-the-right-mattress/" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">https://onereview.in/choose-the-right-mattress/</a> with this graphic.
There is no doubt that the Wakefit Orthopaedic Memory Foam Mattress is our recommended best mattress in India. It is value for money and top choice if you have backpain. If you want a softer feel from your mattress, then Dreamzee Ortho-Care Memory Foam Mattress can be the best choice.
We hope our review of the best mattress and complete buyer’s guide have helped you in choosing the right one for you. Here we have considered all the possible factors including size, type of the mattress, your sleeping positions, weight, and other important features.
If you have any questions or want to suggest something, write in the comment section below.