A comfy sofa or chair is the first thing you need after a long day of tiredness. But, not the standard chairs or sofas bring the level of satisfaction like a recliner does. It vanishes your all day long worries, exhaustion, and fatigue.
So when you come back home after a hectic day of work and sinking onto the recliners putting your legs up, the relaxation you feel matches nothing at all.
But how to find the best recliner for your needs, may be quite tricky. To let your confusion away, we have covered here the Comprehensive Buying Guide on it. Also, we have rounded up here the best recliner chairs and recliner sofas with their complete reviews, so that you can pick the best.
- Our Best Picks of Recliners In India
- 1. Royaloak Divine Single Seater Rocking Recliner
- 2. HomeTown Daniel Three Seater Recliner
- 3. Innovate Motorized Recliner
- 4. WellNap Motorized Recliner
- 5. Amazon Brand – Solimo Delphi Three Seater Recliner
- 6. AE Designs Rocking Recliner
- 7. DeckUp Venetian Single Seat Recliner
- 8. KosmoCare Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
- 9. Equal Multi-Position Folding Recliner Chair
- 10. Furlay Recliner Chair
- 11. Livzing Adjustable Recliner Chair
- 12. Equal Pro Zero Gravity Folding Single Recliner Chair
- Best Recliners in India Buying Guide
- Recliners FAQs
- Final Words
Our Best Picks of Recliners In India
We have categorized the list into the recliner sofa and recliner chair separately for your convenience. Go through the below list to pick the desired one.
|RoyalOak||Single Seater||99.1 x 78.7 x 101.6 cm||View on Amazon |
|Hometown||Three Seater||96 x 204 x 100 cm||View on Amazon|
|Innovate||Single Seater||39x37x39 inches||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|WellNap||Single Seater||-||View on Amazon|
|Amazon Brand Solimo||Three Seater||213 x 94 x 97 cm||View on Amazon|
|AE Designs||Single Seater||121.9 x 63.5 x 76.2 cm||View on Amazon|
|DeckUp||Single Seater||38x37x39||View on Amazon |
|Kosmocare||Single Seater||-||View on Amazon|
|Equal||Single Seater||163X59X66 cm (opening size)||View on Amazon|
|Furlay||Single Seater||61 x 21 x 94 cm||View on Amazon|
|Livzing||Single Seater||174 X 66 X 38 cm (Opening Size)||View on Amazon |
|Equal||Single Seater||160 x 65 x 110 cm (Opening Size)||View on Amazon|
Best Recliners In India Reviews
So, let’s get into the detailed review of the best models of both the categories: Recliner Chair and Recliner Sofas here. It will let you pick the best one for your needs.
I. Best Recliner Sofa In India Reviews
1. Royaloak Divine Single Seater Rocking Recliner
The top on our list is this single-seater recliner from the topmost furniture brands RoyalOak. It relieves all your stress and offers ultimate comfort and relaxation. When it comes to design and look, this one is surely a great addition to your living room, home library, or anywhere else.
This premium quality manual recliner includes excellent hardware construction, making it durable and long-lasting. The exterior rich suede fabric feels very soft and comfortable. And the combination of high-density foam and fiberfill offers thick padding to the seat and back cushions. Thus, you will only get the relaxation and cozy feeling when you sit on it.
It comes with various reclining positions letting you opt for the best angle suiting your neck and back. Moreover, the leg rest is also very comfortable and reclines easily so that you can put your feet up for a relaxing lying position.
This recliner doubles up as a rocker too, which is an added benefit at such an affordable price point. You can also opt for its Double-Seater and Three-Seater option according to your preferences as well as space available where you need to keep it.
- Sturdy solid wood hardware construction
- Rich and soft faux suede fabric looks premium
- German recliner mechanism for ultimate comfort
- Thick padding
- Pocket spring provides extra comfort
- Several reclining positions
- Rocking function too
- Ten days warranty on manufacturing defects
- Sturdy construction makes it durable
- Looks very appealing
- Rocks comfortably when the elevated footrest is not used
- Backrest reclines at different angles
- Very soft material and comfortable padding
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Lightweight to move around
- Getting up is a bit difficult especially for older people
- Requires professional to assemble it
2. HomeTown Daniel Three Seater Recliner
Hometown is one of the leading Indian brands for furniture, home decor, and furnishings, etc. So, if you want to get the perfect seating solution for multiple people, this three-seater recliner is the best to go with. The model combines style, elegance, functionality, and comfort all in one.
It is available in two classy color options beige and mocha that you can choose according to your home decor. However, you can also choose from its single-seater and double-seater variants as per your preferences.
With this stylish piece of furniture, you no longer have to compromise the space while watching a movie with your family in your home theater. It is also a great addition to your living room and can be a good replacement for your old sofa as well. The easy manual reclining feature lets you get the most comfortable position for ultimate relaxation.
This manual recliner is designed with quality engineered wood making it robust and durable. And the robust legs make the recliner to stand stable. Even the solid frame offers optimum body support.
The model comes in an ergonomic design and includes polyester fabric upholstery that feels very soft and comfortable. Plus, the sturdy and well-padded armrest provides comfortable support. Moreover, the angled bolster cushions allow you to get a relaxing seating experience along with the sturdy backrests that support your body posture.
- Three seater Recliner
- Manual reclining mechanism
- Spacious seating depth
- Stable core support
- Sturdy and well-padded armrest
- Nice and firm cushion
- Sturdy and comfortable backrests
- One year warranty on manufacturing defects
- Ergonomic design
- Comfortable to use
- Outstanding quality and durability
- Requires assembly from professional
3. Innovate Motorized Recliner
Again from the most reputed Indian furniture brands Innovate, this motorized recliner chair can be a great addition to your home. Though the price is a bit high, in terms of its classy appeal and comfort, you will surely don’t hesitate in buying it.
Combining elegance, sturdiness, and comfort, this recliner is ideal for all age groups. Whether you want to watch your favorite movie in your home theater, or read your favorite book in your home library or even want to get relieved from your whole day of stress and take a nap, this one is the best place to do all that.
The solid wood and iron construction makes the product durable and long-lasting. Moreover, the foam and fiber combination offers premium comfort and relaxation. And the leather material makes it look premium.
This model is available in three vibrant color options, including brown, burgundy, and cream. So, you can select the preferred color choice suiting your room decor.
It offers various reclining positions suiting the comfortable positions for your neck, shoulder, and back. So, you can get relaxed anytime when you want. Operating the recliner is also very easy by using its motorized mechanism.
One thing that you will surely like about this recliner is that it comes pre-assembled. So, no more hassle of assembly, just ready to use.
- Motorized recliner
- Leather material
- Solid wood and iron construction
- Various reclining positions
- Comes pre-assembled
- Three color options to choose from- brown, burgundy, and cream
- One year warranty
- Classy and comfortable
- Durable construction
- Easy to use
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- No downsides noted yet
4. WellNap Motorized Recliner
Now, this motorized recliner can be a good option for you if you are searching for something best for senior citizens in your home. It consists of all the comfortable features you need in a good recliner. This luxurious recliner fits your budget too at such a pocket-friendly price range.
The recliner is not only comfortable but also very appealing and has a nice design. Featuring dark brown leatherette upholstery, it adds a touch of grace to any room of your home. The upholstery also feels very soft, and the thick foam padding provides extra comfort to your body.
The excellent quality hardware construction makes this recliner long-lasting and durable. Even with its various reclining positions, you can get the best suitable relaxing position whenever you want. No manual operation, the electrical push-button allows easy operation of the product.
- Classy and comfortable
- Supreme cushioning
- Excellent upholstery for superior comfort
- Durable hardware construction
- Needs electricity for operation
- Various reclining positions
- Great in terms of comfort
- Reasonable price and value for money
- Works well
- No more color choices available
5. Amazon Brand – Solimo Delphi Three Seater Recliner
Solimo, the Amazon’s brand brings this excellent quality and comfortable three-seater recliner to fulfill all your relaxation needs. This one looks very premium and adds a touch of grace and style to your home decor.
Featuring dark brown leatherette upholstery, the color never fades away, making it look new always. And it also offers a soft and comfy feeling. Plus, its three seating options allow more space to accommodate more people.
The backrest and seat have proper cushioning again give you ultimate comfort when you sit on it. Its sturdy framework ensures longevity and durability of the recliner. One of the best features of this three-seater manual recliner is its lightweight. So, you can easily move it around.
- Three seater recliner
- Manual reclining mechanism
- Strong and durable framework
- High-quality leatherette fabric
- Maximum weight load per seat 160 Kg
- Lightweight recliner
- Three years warranty on manufacturing defects
- Looks very nice
- Outstanding quality
- Very comfy and durable
- The leather is very soft
- Reclining function is too good
- The center seat do not reclines; only the side seats offer reclining positions
6. AE Designs Rocking Recliner
This one from the brand AE Designs is the best budget recliner with all the awesome features to provide you ultimate comfort. Its stunning design makes it a great piece of attraction in any room of your home.
It is designed with good quality solid wood framework making the recliner study and for prolonged use. Moreover, the fabric upholstery in olive brown color is very soft and defines a luxurious and modern contemporary look.
The very best thing about this recliner is that it is great for the people having neck pain and back pain, people recovering from surgery as well as elderly people.
The other best feature of this recliner is that it comes with swiveling and rocking mechanism both. You can move to and fro using its rocking mechanism. It can also revolve around the base through its swiveling feature, so you can easily spin around.
- Manual recliner
- Swivel revolving
- To and Fro rocking mechanism
- Sturdy solid wood structure
- Fabric upholstery
- An easy pull-push mechanism for front seat
- Firm cushioning
- Adjustable leg rest
- Six months warranty on manufacturing defects
- Solid and sturdy construction
- Fabric looks durable with firm cushioning
- Reclining, revolving and rocking all the features are too good
- Very comfortable and relaxing
- Easy to clean and maintain
- The manual reclining feature is pretty difficult to operate for elderly or weak people
- Seating depth is little short
7. DeckUp Venetian Single Seat Recliner
It is again a designer piece from the brand DeckUp adding a graceful appeal to your room decor. It comes in a black PU leather finish that is pretty easy to clean and maintain. And the comfy it provides you is exceptionally unmatchable.
This single seat manual recliner also includes swiveling and rocking features making it an excellent choice for you. Its arms and back are generously padded to provide you ultimate comfort.
When it comes to build quality, the solid wood framework gives this recliner an ultimate durability. And the covering of leatherette material is also resistant and long-lasting.
The thick padded seating and backrest offer you the most relaxing seating experience along with supporting your body posture too.
- Single seat manual recliner
- PU Leather upholstery
- Solid wood framework
- Swiveling function to revolve around
- Rocking motion
- Looks elegant
- Sturdy construction
- Soft and comfortable
- Easy to use
- Rocking and swiveling features are nice add on
- Easy to assemble
- No warranty against manufacturing defects
- The knob for the recliner is slightly difficult to push. Easy to recline but to push back in its original position is quite difficult
II.Best Recliner Chairs In India Reviews
1. KosmoCare Electric Power Lift Recliner Chair
This model from KosmoCare is a dual function recliner that can recline and lift both. So, if you are searching for a recliner chair for your loved one who has limited mobility , this lift recliner is a great buy.
It is also a great choice for those who have difficulty in getting back up again after sitting, whether it is due to an accident, surgery, illness, or for some other reasons.
This chair is crafted with high-quality ultra-plush leather that is very comfortable to spend hours on it. Plus, the solid wood framework ensures the durability and sturdiness of the recliner chair. Even the extra thick padding on back, head, and armrest is super comfortable.
Its lifting mechanism allows effortless rising from the sitting position. And the reclining feature allows you to rest in your favorite reclined position. Both the mechanisms are easy to operate using the remote control attached to it.
The leather covering is very easy to clean. Even the features like it’s perfect size, easy operational remote, as well as perfect height for standing make you surely love this recliner chair.
- Dual function recliner chair
- Lifting mechanism for the effortless rise from the sitting position
- Reclines easily
- Easy to use remote control for reclining and lifting
- Durable and comfortable micro leather upholstery
- Extra thick padding for ultimate comfort
- Can recline fully
- Solid and sturdy construction
- Very soft and comfortable
- The lifting mechanism is a nice feature
- Quiet motor
- Several positions are easy to use with just two buttons on a remote
- Easy to assemble
- Heavy to move around
- No warranty against manufacturing defects
2. Equal Multi-Position Folding Recliner Chair
This recliner chair from Equal combines comfort, durability, and function all in one. Thus, surely a great addition to your home interiors. It’s simple and classy design easily catches anyone’s attention. Plus, the comfort it offers is exceptionally matchless.
One of the best features of this folding recliner chair is its lightweight design. So, you can not use it only inside of your home but a great product to use outdoors as well. It works like a lounge chair in your balcony, yard, poolside, back deck, camping, or picnics, etc. and thus a great piece of relaxation.
The chair is designed of a reinforced steel frame that ensures the sturdiness and durability of it. Its covering includes Twill Oxford fabric that is super soft and comfy. Also, the cushion seat of 3.5 cm draped with a double bungee system proves to be more comfortable and durable. This lounge chair comes with padded headrest and armrests again to provide maximum support and comfort.
Its ergonomic design always promotes good posture. So, it is an excellent chair for the people having back pain issues. The chair can be reclined fully along with the locking system, so you will feel a comfortable zero-gravity experience. There are three reclining positions that you can lock as per your comfort level.
- Durable reinforced steel frame construction
- Built-in thick padded extendable leg rest
- Cushion cover
- Adaptive armrest for perfect arm support
- Adjustable fully reclining design
- Double bungee support system
- Weather-resistant fabric
- Maximum load capacity of 150 Kg
- Spacious and comfortable
- Looks nice
- Don’t take too much space
- Great for both indoor and outdoor use
- Durable construction
- Comes fully assembled
- Easy mechanism with flexible seating positions
- Offers good back and head support
- The footrest gear is pretty difficult to adjust
3. Furlay Recliner Chair
This simple recliner chair from the brand Furlay is the most cost-effective solution for those who are tight on space. The model, with its modern and contemporary design, adds a graceful appeal to your interior space. Moreover, its lightweight and foldable design allow easy portability of the chair on picnic, camping, or any other places.
The construction of this recliner chair includes heavy-duty steel frame construction, unbreakable fiber armrests, and extended leg rests for durability and longevity. It is available in three beautiful color options, including coffee bean, cobalt blue, and cloudy apple red. So, you can choose the preferred color option.
This folding recliner chair includes a moulded cushion that offers ultimate support to your spine and lumbar areas. Even more, the high-density foam fill ensures a more comfortable sitting position.
It comes with six adjustable reclining positions that is great for either watching movies, reading your favorite book, or even taking a nap. What you love most is its removable zipper cushion cover that is washable and thus easy to clean and maintain.
- Slim and modern design
- Easily foldable
- Six adjustable reclining position
- Maximum load capacity of 110 Kg
- Moulded cushion for ultimate orthopedic support
- High-density foam cushioning for comfort
- Extended leg rests
- Powder-coated heavy-duty steel frame construction
- Lightweight for easy portability
- Unbreakable position adjustable handle
- Removable zipper cushion cover for easy cleaning
- Two years warranty
- Economical reclining solution
- Nice build quality
- Smart fit and finish
- Very flexible seating positions, from straight back to almost flat
- Good back and head support
- Simple and convenient reclining mechanism
- The seat cover is not very soft
4. Livzing Adjustable Recliner Chair
The Livzing adjustable recliner chair can be your next best choice if you are searching for ultimate comfort at such a pocket-friendly price tag. This chair is perfect for relaxing after a long and stressful working day, while watching TV, reading a book, or having a quick nap.
The heavy-duty steel framework provides the chair durability and sturdiness. And the super soft fabric cover lets you sit comfortably on it. Its seat includes the cushioning of high-density soft foam that adds more degree of comfort.
The best is its ergonomic design that is great for soothing tired muscles of your back and lumbar areas. It also offers three adjustable reclining positions so you can either sit or sleep whatever you like. Even the comfortable reclining angles reduce pressure on your back and eliminate back pain. Thus, this is a great recliner that provides ultimate orthopedic support.
The chair takes very less space, so if you are tight on space, it is an ideal buy. Plus, the foldable option allows easy storage as well as easy portability of it. So you can take it along with you on camping, picnics, beach, garden, or poolside, etc.
- Heavy-duty durable steel frame construction
- Water-resistant textile fabric
- High-density foam seat cushion
- Maximum weight capacity of 150 Kg
- Three adjustable reclining positions
- Can be transformed into bed as well
- Comfortable adjustable padded pillow headrest and armrest
- Great for orthopedic support
- Removable cushion cover for easy cleaning
- Sturdy and durable
- Extremely comfortable
- Lightweight design
- Flexible seating positions
- Provides good back and head support
- Easy to clean
- No warranty details
5. Equal Pro Zero Gravity Folding Single Recliner Chair
Now last but not least, this recliner chair from Equal provides maximum comfort with mesh seating that adjusts to your body. It helps in relieving pressure off the spinal cords. Therefore, it is an excellent choice for seniors, post-operative patients, and those suffering from spinal problems.
The construction of this zero gravity lounge chair includes the sturdy steel frame and high-quality, durable fabric that makes the product sturdy and durable. It is also stable and safe for your use.
You have the option to choose from four fabric color options, including grey, silver grey, silver sand, and smoke grey. This breathable waterproof fabric is also removable for easy cleaning.
Not only does it offer an unparalleled level of comfort, but its special design also gives you a weightless feeling. With numerous reclining adjustments, you will get a perfect body position and a balanced posture. These reclining positions offer you the best angle suiting your comfort level.
- Sturdy steel tube frame
- Durable fabric and cushion pad for extra comfort
- Double Bungee support system
- Adjustable reclining position
- Easy locking levers adjust and lock the chair to any position
- Sturdy mesh polyester material for maximum support
- Maximum load capacity of 150 Kg
- Lightweight and portable
- One year warranty
- Very handy and comfortable
- Sturdy construction
- Cushion is of very good quality
- Easily transportable
- Various color options are available
- No downsides noted yet
Best Recliners in India Buying Guide
Why Choose Recliners?
The first thing that makes the recliners loved by most of the people is their degree of comfort that you can’t get on couches or normal sofas. Plus, the comfortable reclining position offers you the relaxing state to your back and body.
This one is not only comfortable but also a great piece of attraction to your living room, den, or your home library, and home theatre, etc.
The recliners are good for people with back pain issues or older age groups. Even this is also an excellent choice for pregnant women and new mommies. It relieves all your tension and soreness. And makes your spine in a comfortable position.
Some recliners even come with an in-built massage system, to provide ultimate relaxation and comfort to your body. Now look at some more benefits offered by the recliners:
Benefits of Recliners
- Provides excellent comfort and support
- Offers you a good posture
- Relieves mental stress
- Relieves back, shoulder, neck and leg pain
- Improves blood circulation in your body
- Reduces the discomfort of swollen and stiff joints
- Increases your productivity
- Good for elderly people
- Easy to stand and sit down
Drawbacks of Recliners
- The recliners take more space over the normal chairs
- These are expensive too
How do recliners work?
The recliners offer you a comfortable sitting position through its lifting mechanism. The bottom half of the recliner elevates up either manually or by pressing the button and brings your footrest up. And it allows your back in a comfortable backward or downward position. Thus, you can either relax in an upright position or lying flat on your back; the choice is up to you as per your comfort.
But how does the reclining motion work? Some recliners are operated manually, and some are powered.
The manual recliners come with a button or lever that you will find at either end of the sofa. By pushing the button or lever, you can lock your favorite position.
On the other hand, the powered recliner or electric recliner uses a motor power to lift or recline. You can control these recliners either using a remote control or the built-in controls present on them. Most of these models come with bonus features, including USB outlets, massage features as well as heating options.
Manual Recliner Vs Electric Recliner- Which is better?
We have already discussed above about these recliner types and how they are operated. Here are some other points of differentiation.
The electric recliners come with so many advanced features, though the manual recliners do only normal reclining functions. Therefore, the electric recliners are more expensive as compared to the manual recliners.
The electric recliners not only offer the reclining position but also provides many more benefits like heating, massaging, charging base, etc. But, the manual recliners lack all these features. So, in terms of versatility, electric recliners again come ahead over the manual one.
The manual recliners are lighter and smaller over the powered versions. Even they don’t have wires and do not require the placement near a power outlet. Therefore, in terms of mobility, manual versions are best.
Ease of use
To use an electric recliner, you don’t need to put your physical effort or exertion like the manual recliners. You only need to push the button for experiencing smooth and easy reclining features. Therefore, the powered recliners are very convenient for elderly people and people with disabilities.
The electric recliners do not work if there is a power outage or motor failure. On the other hand, the manual recliners work easily without electricity as it doesn’t need any charging or power source for operation.
With a simple and straightforward operation, manual recliners are less prone to damage, thereby requiring less maintenance. On the other hand, the electric recliners come with many electric components for its functioning. And when these components may damage or fail, it will cause the recliner to stop functioning. Thus, it includes an expensive repair or part replacement.
The constant use of the level in the manual recliner tends to its damage that stops the functioning of the recliner. Therefore, in terms of durability, electric recliners are best over the manual recliners.
Different Types of Recliners
Like the name, these recliners offer two positions, including upright and fully reclined. These come with limited functionality, but if you want a recliner in the budget, the two-position recliners are the best bet. But keep in mind that these models take a lot of space in its fully-reclined position. So you must have enough space in your room.
With several reclining angles, the rocker recliners offer you the optimum comfort. It allows your footrest to go up and rock back and forth. You can position them close to the walls, so an excellent buy for those with small spaces. Due to its rocking motion, the rocker recliners are a very nice option for nursing mothers and those who find it difficult to sleep at night.
These recliners, also known as flex-back recliners, do not come with a footrest. It allows you to push back into the seat only for getting the reclining motion. It means, here only the back part of the chair moves. Further, to need a footrest, you can pair it with a footstool or pouffe.
Like the name, the riser (lift) recliner uses the motorized lift mechanism to push the chair from a flat seated position to a more upright angle. These recliners are ideal for those with weak knees, legs, or hips, or head injuries, or any disabilities. But these are typically expensive.
These are the most ideal space-saving options that you can simply position close to the wall. It comes with a limited range of motion, and the seat will be pushed forward when reclined. Thus, it is very compact and easy to use.
Offering you the benefit of various reclining positions, the massage recliners also offers the bonus of massaging various body parts. It allows the massaging of the back, leg, foot, and calf with just a simple press of the button. Even some offer heating functions too for more added comfort.
Features to Look for Before Buying a Recliner
Dimension of the Chair and Size of the Room
Recliners usually are bulkier and heavier and take more space as compared to regular chairs or sofas. Therefore, considering the dimension of the recliner is the first thing you may consider. You can choose the dimension depending upon the size of the space you have in your room.
While measuring the dimension, make sure to measure it not only in an upright position but also in the reclined position too. Also, keep in mind that every recliner will need around 1 and 3 feet of space approx. from your room’s wall. Since it varies from recliner to recliner, you must consider how much it reclines.
If you have a lack of space, wall-hugger recliners are the best to go with.
Seat Measurement and Your Body Size
If the seat doesn’t fit you properly, then the purchased recliner is fully worthless. So, first, measure yourself and then look for the seat measurements. It is also important to go for the seat size with some extra inches to your body size. Also, check for the armrests, footrest, and headrest to fit you comfortably.
If you are buying a recliner sofa for your living room, first consider how many people do you need to fit on your sofa? It includes your family members, as well as how frequently you have the guests.
After size and dimension, weight capacity is another most important factor before buying a recliner. It ensures the durability and longevity of the recliner. For the larger and heavier person, the recliner must be chosen that can tackle the weight capacity of the person without proning to damage. If the recliner doesn’t have the right capacity limit, it will break or damage shortly. Keep in mind that recliners with higher capacity are always built up of high-quality materials.
Weight of the recliner itself
Too heavy or bulky recliner is worthless if you don’t have enough space in your room. It is even difficult to move it here and there or downstairs and upstairs, if you want to do so. If you are in need of a heavy and bulky recliner, make sure you have enough space to keep it. Though the lighter recliners can be easily put anywhere in your room and are also quite easy to move around.
Material of Construction (Cover)
The material of the cover defines the luxury, style, and most importantly the comfort. So, you must pay close attention towards the cover material that may be highly comfortable for you. Leather is the most widely used cover material for the recliners that enhances the style, durability, and comfortability of your skin. But with different types of leather which one should you choose?
The real leather is an excellent choice if you want to find something durable. These are quite expensive over other materials, but for the durability it provides to the recliner, is appreciable. On the downside, these are not very breathable and get sticky on a hot day.
PU (Polyurethane) leather is another best option that is pretty affordable over real leather. However, the material is not quite durable, like real leather, but if you want to spend less, this material is a perfect choice.
Microfiber is the cheapest material of construction for recliner covers. These are highly breathable and soft on your skin. But on the downside, these are not much durable like the real leather and PU leather. It also gets dirtier often in comparison to either leather types as well.
Now, after the cover material, considering the frame construction is also as much important to ensure the longevity of the recliner. Different types of recliners use different frame construction.
The recliner frame is made out of wood, including chip wood, solid wood, or plywood. Some are even also constructed with the mixture of all three, chip wood, solid wood, and plywood. So, here is the difference:
Plywood is made up of multiple layers or plies of thin solid wood that are glued together to form a solid sheet. It uses both hardwood and softwood for construction. It is cheaper than the solid wood and less durable over the solid wood.
Solid Wood is made up of slabs of wood that are carved from logs and then kiln-dried. This drying process reduces the moisture content of the wood and increases its strength and dimensional stability. The solid wood is stronger and more durable than the plywood and also sags less. It is also expensive over the plywood.
Chip wood is also known as particle boards that are made up of wood chips, wood shavings, or sawdust, which are bound together using a synthetic resin or binder and then formed into the boards. These are cheaper than the plywood and solid wood but are less durable also.
Seat and Back Support
Different types of recliners come with different materials for seat and back support. Some use rubber webbing, and some use steel springs to support the seat and back.
Rubber webbing is inexpensive but not as durable as the steel springs. But at the upside, it eliminates the discomfort that some springs can cause by poking through cushions.
On the other side, the steel spring for back and seat support , creates a bouncy feel. It is very much important to look for heavy screws construction to ensure the durability of the recliner.
The back and footrests of many recliners are supported with metal that makes it to hold heavy weights and also enhances its durability.
Some Extra Comfortable Features
Heating- Some advanced and hi-tech recliners come with heating features that offer nice warmth and relax your stress. It is great for those who feel neck and back pain by relieving pressure from these areas.
Massage- The massage feature in recliners soothes all your aches and pains of your back, neck, foot, or calf. Also, these recliners are great for elderly people to provide ultimate comfort.
Swiveling- The swiveling feature in a recliner allows you to swivel around or rotate the chair in any direction you want.
Rocking-The rocking function allows the recliner to rock back and forth along with the reclining. It is very comfortable for the insomniacs helping them to fall asleep. It is also good for nursing mothers and the mothers with young children.
Flat Lay- Some also come with the option to recline fully in a flat position, so you can sleep on them.
Some Advanced and Hi-tech Features
- Adjustable headrests
- Glass or Cup Holder for your coffee or glass of juice, etc.
- Pocket to keep your remote control
- Charging station with AC outlets and USB charging ports
Checking the warranty terms is very much important to ensure that you will get relief from paying extra against the faulty mechanism and electronic parts of the recliner. A good warranty also covers the materials and reclining mechanism too. However, the manual recliners are less prone to mechanical defaults, you must check that the warranty covers padding and frame defects.
Some Tips for Care and Maintenance of the Recliners
- Always leave the recliner in an upright and closed position after use.
- Avoid sitting on the armrests of the recliner.
- Do not keep hot items directly on the surface of the recliner.
- Always keep the recliner indoor only, not under direct sunlight.
- To remove out any stains, use only mild soap solution and a damp cloth.
- Do not use harsh cleansers for its cleaning.
- Are recliners good for your back?
- Yes, recliners are good to get you relieved from back pain if they are fitted with the lumbar support feature. The feature allows proper cushioning to your back and support the spine. It also allows proper blood circulation in your body reducing stress and tension. This way it offers proper comfort to your back.
- Is the power recliner better than manual?
- Both have their own benefits and disadvantages. However the ease of operation depends upon the reclining mechanism. A powered recliner offers more easy operation over the manual one. It means the manual recliner uses some manual effort to recline while the electric recliners can easily recline in just one push of the button. The electric recliners are good for elderly people and pregnant women.
- Are recliners difficult to assemble?
- Actually No. The recliner comes with multiple parts. For easy assembly of them, you must go through the detailed instruction manual and then install it in some easy steps. After completing the assembly, make sure that all the parts are securely locked into the position for use.
- How to clean the recliner?
- You can clean your recliner, simply like you clean your other furniture. For removing the stains, you can use mild soap and light scrubs only. Also, to remove the dust and pet hair from the fabric, you can use a soft brush to clean them.
- How do you know what size of recliner to buy?
- Recliners come in different sizes. First assess your weight and height and then choose the model that fits your size.
Providing optimum comfort is the main objective whether it is a reclining chair or a reclining sofa. It offers you more and more comfortable seating positions also bringing innovation in your lifestyle.
The models we have reviewed for the best recliner sofas and recliner chairs have attractive pricing and added comfort. So, we feel that all are the perfect option for you that you can choose according to your style, preferences and budget.
Also, the buying guide we have covered includes all the factors of considerations that will surely aid you in making the final choice for the top recliner for you.
If you feel that anything is missing in the blog, please suggest us via the comment section below.