This article is for those who are looking to buy the best deep fryers (in India only) but are unsure of which features they need to look for and what they should compare before buying them.
A deep fryer is a modern and sophisticated kitchen appliance used for making delicious food that’s both hot and crispy. With its advanced and user-friendly features, this piece of kitchenware provides a convenient and hassle-free cooking experience. Deep fryers are perfect for both indoor, outdoor, and commercial use, thanks to their simplicity and utility.
So, to bring you the best deep fryer, we have thoroughly researched 30 deep fryers available in India and picked the top 7 models to rank them based on different criteria.
We provide a comprehensive buying guide that explains the types of deep fryers (two types), their features, how deep fryers work, their benefits, cleaning and maintenance, and other essentials.
We have summarized what you need to know in just a few sentences in case you don’t have time to read the full article (TL;DR Version).
- As per our research, the top recommendation is Amercian Micronic Electric Deep Fryer. If you are looking for a deep fryer with advanced features, then Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer with 2 Frying Baskets is a good choice.
- If you are looking for an affordable deep fryer with necessary features then Skyline Deep Fryer is our top choice.
- The important key features to consider in a deep fryer are capacity, temperature and timer knob, safety, and power wattage.
Best Deep Fryers – Quick List
|Best Deep Fryers||Power||Oil Capacity||Warranty|
|American Micronic Deep Fryer|
|2000 W||3 L||2 Years||CHECK PRICE
|Kobbey Double Tank Deep Fryer|
|2500 W||Double tank (6+6 L)||2 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer|
|1800 W||4.5 L||-||CHECK PRICE|
|Froth & Flaovor Electric Deep Fryer|
|2000 W||6 L||2 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|T-fal Deep Fryer|
|1700 W||3.5 L||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|iBELL DF610P Electric Deep Fryer|
|2500 W||6 L||1 Year||CHECK PRICE
|SKY LINE VTL-5424 Deep Fryer|
|2000 W||2 L||2 Years||CHECK PRICE
Best Deep Fryers – Reviews
1. American Micronic AMI-DFP-30LDx Electric Deep Fryer
American Micronic is a dedicated and proficient domestic appliance manufacturing brand for over half a century. The user intent design, easy-to-use features, and extra attention to the safety of this deep fryer made it as our top pick.
Here are some of its smart features which make it an exceptional purchase.
- It is a medium-sized deep fryer with two capacity options of 3 liters. To give an approximate picture, this can serve the food for up to 4 people.
- It consumes 2000 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 150 to 190 degrees Celsius.
- The body of this deep fryer is made of stainless steel, lightweight ( weighs around 2kgs) that makes it easy to handle, and increases durability too.
- The parts are detachable and are dishwasher friendly that makes the cleaning very easy.
- The basket can be adjusted to two positions. One is to dip the basket in the oil and allow it to cook. The second position is to let the oil drain completely.
- It has a special feature to indicate when the oil reaches its optimum temperature. So that it alerts you that your food doesn’t get overcooked.
- It has a storage compartment inside the deep fryer to keep the cord after use.
- This deep fryer has a cool touch holder on both sides, making it easy to carry around.
- The heat-proof handle of the basket, cool touch holder of the body, and anti-slip base provide improved safety usage.
- This deep fryer comes with a warranty of 2 years.
- Very fast and easy to use
- It does not have a display window on the lid.
2. Kobbey Electric Deep Fryer
This is a heavy-duty large capacity deep fryer with a double oil tank. Its compact design consists two different tanks in a side-by-side alignment that makes it a suitable countertop model. Both the tanks are separated, which avoids cross-contamination.
- It is a total 12 liters capacity deep fryer, with each tank having a capacity of 6 liters.
- It consumes 2500 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 130 to 190 degrees Celsius.
- It has a temperature adjustment knob for easy temperature adjustment and power and heat indicator light.
- This deep fryer has a copper heating coil and stainless steel mesh-covered on the top of it to avoid the direct contact of food and coil.
- The entire body of this deep fryer is made up of stainless steel, and it has a heat resistance cool touch body.
- The double tank makes it a fit for both domestic and small restaurant use
- It comes with a warranty of one year
- Easy to use and clean
- Durable construction
- No time adjustment knob is there
3. Hamilton Beach Deep Fryer
This particular deep fryer is a medium heavy-duty product with a capacity of 4.5 liters of oil. It provides three fryer baskets (one large and two small that facilitate cooking two different types of food concurrently). The design of the deep fryer increases its efficiency with minimum power consumption.
- Each fryer basket can perform efficiently with up to 2 liters of oil, producing around 1.5kg of food in one go.
- It consumes 1800 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 130 to 190 degrees Celsius, making it suitable for every kind of food.
- The body of this deep fryer is made up of stainless steel. It has a nonstick oil pan which makes it easy for cleaning. Both the frying baskets are chrome-plated to prevent them from rusting as they will be in direct contact with oil and food.
- To prevent oil splattering, it has a thoughtfully designed lid.
- It has a display window on the lid to monitor the cooking. Along with that, the lid has a grated structure for ventilation to provide additional safety.
- The control unit has two knobs to tune into the required temperature and time. It is also attributed with an audible tone to alert when the adjusted timer hits zero.
- To make the usage further convenient, it has two indicator lights. The red light indicates the power, and the green light lit up when the oil is ready to cook.
- This deep fryer has a magnetic breakaway cord to avoid any accidental fall.
- Every part of this deep fryer is detachable and is dishwasher safe.
- The time knob feature of this deep fryer allows you to set time for cooking
- The removable magnetic cord makes the attachment and detachment of the cord easy
- Easy to clean and assemble
- Adjustable temperature with a ready light takes the guesswork out of frying
- Since it has only one oil tank, when cooking two completely non-suitable food items on two different baskets, there might be the chances of cross-contamination
4. Froth & Flaovor 6 Liters Electric Deep Fryer
Froth & Flavour 6 liters deep fryer is a superlative high-quality deep fryer. It has the capacity of 6 liters of oil and can prepare 1kg of food at one go. This deep fryer is an appropriate choice for a large gathering family or commercial use.
- It consumes 2000 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 0 to 200 degrees Celsius.
- The entire body, oil container, and fryer basket are made up of stainless steel.
- Unlike others, this deep fryer possesses a copper heating coil. As copper is a good conductor of heat and outspread the heat evenly to the oil container, you will get even cooking. Also, the copper coils react quickly to temperature adjustment, meaning this allows to have more control over cooking.
- The heating coils are molded in S shape, and a protective plate is attached above it to prevent the direct contact of food and coil. The S shape and the protective plate also contribute to the efficient heating of oil.
- The oil container has a minimum and maximum level indicator. When oil-filled below the minimum level, the fryer basket doesn’t dip completely into the oil and ends up in uncooked food. If above the maximum level, oil starts overflowing and splattering.
- The frying basket has a black coated heat-proof handle making it safe to handle.
- To increase the safety measures, this deep fryer has an auto shut-off feature. When the oil reaches its optimum temperature, the device turns off automatically.
- Well designed and durable construction
- Provides even and efficient cooking
- Awesome safety features
- Easy to use and clean
- Heat protection plate is a bit smaller
5. T-fal Deep Fryer
T-fal deep fryer is an advanced deep fryer that has both sophisticated design and features. T-fal is an innovative brand in kitchenware and has included every required feature to make it one of the best deep fryers.
- It is a medium-sized deep fryer with a capacity of 3.5 liters of oil. This allows cooking around 1kg of food at one go.
- It consumes 1700 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 150 to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Every part of this deep fryer is detachable and can be easily assembled. Except for the control panel, all the other parts are dishwasher friendly.
- It has a temperature setting knob on the control panel.
- The distinct feature of this deep fryer is an oil filtration system to remove food particles left in the oil after cooking.
- It has a knob in the front with three adjustments. In the oil pan, it has a company’s patent EZ clean filtration system attached. On tuning the knob to filter, the oil passes through the filtration system, gets refined, and settles in the fresh container.
- The oil filtration system avoids manual filtration and increases the reusability of oil
- Optimal frying capacity
- Cleaning is a breeze
- No downsides noted yet
6. iBELL DF610P Electric Deep Fryer
iBELL DF610P deep is a large capacity yet a compact countertop model. This is an easy-to-use deep fryer with all the necessary and desirable features. Due to the presence of high power heating coil, the efficiency of this deep fryer is comparatively high.
- This deep fryer has a large capacity oil cylinder that can accommodate 6 liters of oil.
- It consumes 2500 watt power and provides the temperature adjustment option from 60 to 200 degrees Celsius.
- The body is made up of stainless steel with easy to assemble and disassemble parts.
- It has a covering lid to avoid oil splattering.
- The wide oil tank and the large fryer basket provide food enough space to float. This helps the food to cook evenly inside and out.
- It has a temperature adjustment knob along with the temperature guide (labeled on top of it) for different food items.
- The oil tank of this deep fryer has minimum and maximum level indicators.
- Compact design with large capacity
- Variable temperature options to cook different food items perfectly
- The built-in smart timer feature of this deep fryer avoids overheating
- Warranty of 2 years
- The covering lid doesn’t have a viewing window to monitor cooking
7. SKY LINE VTL-5424 Deep Fryer
The Skyline deep fryer is a moderate-priced deep fryer with all the necessary features and an appealing design. This deep fryer takes less oil to cook and prepare crispy fried food.
- It is a compact-sized deep fryer weighing only 2kg. The oil capacity of this fryer is 2 liters.
- It consumes 2000 watt power and provides three temperature adjustment options from 150 to 190 degrees Celsius.
- This electric deep fryer has a stainless steel body and detachable parts.
- It has a temperature adjustment knob and two indicator lights to signal power on/off and to signal when the oil is heated.
- To provide extended stability, this deep fryer has an anti-slip base.
- It also comes with an overheat protection system to enhance safety. If the oil reaches its optimum temperature, the device turn-off automatically.
- It has a 1.5-meter long extendable cord. And also, it has a storage unit inside the fryer to place the cord.
- Compact and stylish design
- The side by side carrying handle ensures easy handling and moving of the product
- Build quality is extremely good
- Easy to assemble and use
- Heats up very fast, thus offers faster cooking
- 2 years warranty
- No downsides noted yet
How to Choose the Best Deep Fryer?
Types of Deep Fryers
1. Electric Deep Fryers
The electric deep fryers often have less capacity due to their restricted power wattage. They are mostly used for domestic use and in small restaurants.
They possess an electric heating coil that heats the oil. Every part of the electric deep fryer can be dismantled and can be assembled easily. This makes it easy to carry around and set it up.
Electric deep fryers have a fast heat recovery time. When cold/frozen food is dipped into the oil, the temperature automatically gets lowered. At low temperatures, the food absorbs more oil to cook and makes it soggy. Recovery time is the time taken by the deep fryer to return to its adjusted temperature after the submerging of food.
Since the heating coil is in direct contact with the oil, the efficiency of the electric deep fryer is comparatively high.
2. Propane Deep Fryer
Propane deep fryer performs using propane or natural gas. This is more efficient for deep frying in large capacity and is used in many restaurants and outdoor use.
Although, propane deep fryers come in different capacities and sizes. It also comes with both a countertop and floor model.
Unlike heating coil in an electric deep fryer, these deep fryers have burners supplied by propane. Upon the ignition of the burner, it heats the oil container.
Compared to an electric deep fryer, propane deep fryers take less time to heat the oil and less time to cook.
The biggest drawback with Propane deep fryers is, it is more prone to leakage of natural gas, which causes fire accidents.
Propane deep fryers take time to build their dismantled parts. Since every part of this deep fryer cannot be dissembled, cleaning of this feels fuss.
Taking in the accountability of large size and high capacity, the cost of propane deep fryers is reasonably high.
Features to Consider Before Buying a Deep Fryer
1. Size and Capacity
The foremost feature to look into is the size of the deep fryer. It should not take up the prominent space on your kitchen counter space and make it cluttered. The size of the fryer should align with your kitchen countertop and other accessories of the kitchen. (if it is for domestic use).
Adding to that, the size of the frying basket should be wide. This will allow the food to float freely and cook it evenly.
The capacity of a deep fryer should meet your purpose of purchasing. Here capacity refers to the quantity of oil the oil container can hold and the amount of food that can be placed on the frying basket. For your reference, usually for a family of 4 people, a 2-liter capacity deep fryer will meet the requirement.
2. Adjustable Temperature Setting
As a deep fryer involves a less manual course of action, it is necessary to have an adjustable knob to set the temperature. Furthermore, different food items require different temperatures to cook. A temperature dialer allows us to tune into our required temperature according to the food item. A temperature knob is also necessary to monitor and regulate the heat of the oil to avoid burning the food items.
3. Heat-up Time
The heat-up time of a deep fryer is the time taken by the device to heat the oil. This parameter is dependent on various factors like the quantity of oil, size of the container, the power capacity of the deep fryer, and the alignment of the coil under the oil container. On an average, a domestic deep fryer takes seven to thirty minutes to warm up and ready to cook. To add to this, several deep fryers facilitate indicators when the oil is heated by lighting up the signal light.
4. Food Basket
The material of the basket should be stainless steel to maintain the sanity of food. As the basket is always in the direct contact of food, it is more prone to rusting due to heat, oil, and food fat. To avoid this, prefer a basket that is anti-rust or chrome-coated.
The handle of the food basket should be long, heatproof, and shockproof. Along with that, the handle should be detachable for the easy cleaning of the basket.
Another important aspect to consider concerning the food basket is replacing them when damaged. As food baskets are likely to damage after several uses, look out if the brand supplies extra food baskets. Because when purchasing an additional basket, it is important to fit it into the oil container for better performance.
5. Splatter Guard
Since the deep fryer predominantly deals with oil, oil splattering is unavoidable while cooking. But consider a deep fryer designed well to handle this. A covering lid is the best way to tackle oil splattering. The lid, which has grids inside, minimizes the oil splatter. A tight lid along with a display on top of it is the best apt. Because with the display you can check if the food is fried or not without opening it.
6. Odor Resistance
Some foods tend to produce a strong odor while deep frying them. To get out of this issue, some deep fryers are designed with the potential of minimizing that odor. They possess removable charcoal filters which absorb the food odor and cut down the smell.
7. Oil Filtration System
After cooking, the oil is left with residues of food particles, and it has to be filtered out before reusing. But some advanced deep fryers are designed to take care of this with the adaption of an oil filtration system into it. When we tune the knob to filter, the oil refines out from the container and gets stored in a fresh container. This increases the re-usability of the oil.
8. Temperature and Timer Knob
The temperature and timer knob makes the frying process automatic by allowing the knob adjustment.
9. Power Wattage
Power wattage is one of the efficiency measuring parameters of a deep fryer. The power of the deep fryer determines the heat-up time of the oil and the cooking efficiency of the fryer. For a large capacity deep fryer, more power should be driven to heat the large quantity of oil.
10. Number of Tankers for frying
The number of tankers purely depends on the requirement and purpose. A large deep fryer can accommodate two or more frying baskets, which allow the cooking of different food items simultaneously. This reduces the cooking time and power consumption. Multiple frying basket deep fryers are apt for commercial usage.
11. Structure and Durability
It is important to take into consideration the structure of deep fryers because it directly contributes to the quality and durability of the fryer. It is recommended to choose a fryer with a stainless steel body. Because, with the mild steel body, the device gets inflated due to heat and decreases the durability and performance.
The effectiveness of the fryer lies in the heating coil and its positioning under the oil pan. When the coil is wide, rectangle in shape, it heats the oil pan evenly and quickly. This cooks the food evenly.
12. Safety Features
It is a supreme feature that adds extra stars to the product. Ensure the deep fryer is insulated accurately and is shock-proof. The frying basket should have a cold handle with a better grip. And also, the base of the fryer should be non-slippery. Along with these, the fryer with a removable cord should be preferred because it avoids accident fall.
13. Ease of Use
The application of a deep fryer should be simple and effortless. The deep fryer should possess indicators specifying when the oil is heating and ready to cook.
The oil container is preferred to have a minimum and maximum level indicator. The minimum level helps to avoid undercooked food, and the maximum level to avoid oil overflow and splattering.
For convenient use, consider a deep fryer having a light indicator to signal power activation and oil heating.
Some advanced deep fryers are equipped with an automatic shut-off feature. When the oil reaches its optimum temperature, this enables and turns off the device to ensure safety.
14. Easy to Clean
The cleaning of cooking appliances should be as enjoyable as mealing the dish prepared from that. Look for the deep fryer where every part that directly involves cooking can be dismantled easily. This makes the cleaning hassle-free. It is best if the parts are dishwasher-friendly. One more better feature to look into is, the interior of the oil container and the mesh basket should be non-sticky to experience easy cleaning.
The combined assembly of the body of the deep fryer and its accessories make an efficient device.
Frying Basket- The basket is a vital part of a deep fryer. It should fit in the oil container perfectly for a better result. The quality of the basket should be of high quality as it is the direct contact of food.
Thermometer- The thermometer is another prime accessory in a deep fryer. As the deep fryer functions using electricity and propane liquid, it is impossible to check the oil temperature, neither we can guess. The thermometer takes care of this and makes the deep fryer user-friendly.
Oil Pump- An oil pump is an accessory used to pump out the oil from the container. If the oil pan is non-removable or in the commercial deep fryer, we cannot take out the oil from the pan directly. For a situation like this, an oil pump is required to empty the oil pan.
Propane- In a propane deep fryer, the propane liquid cylinder is an external accessory. It is connected to the burner with the pipe and the regulator. The capacity of the propane cylinder depends on the capacity of the deep fryer and the mode of usage.
Although pricing is subjective, the money spent on a deep fryer should be reasonable. Increased capacity and advanced features demand high prices for their functionality. However, a 2 liters domestic deep fryer costs around 3500 to 4000 INR.
Warranty and service are the two not-to-be-missed features while purchasing a deep fryer. Opt for the one which has a minimum of 2 years of warranty.
How does a Deep Fryer Work?
Deep fryers are designed to make traditional frying easy and convenient. Thus the usage of deep fryers is simple and straightforward.
- Assemble all the parts of a deep fryer according to the guidance of the user module.
- Pour the oil into the pan/container. Set the desired temperature and let it heat.
- Place the food item on the frying basket, submerge it in the hot oil and allow it to cook.
- Do not stuff excess food in the fryer basket as it reduces the oil temperature and increases the recovery time.
- For safety, cover the pan with the lid to avoid oil splattering and burnout.
- Avoid any usage of water around the deep fryer while cooking, and make sure every part is dried before using.
Benefits of Using a Deep Fryer?
Sometimes it may feel what is the necessity of buying a fryer device when the traditional frying method results in the same. But technologies and innovation have a cause to amplify the traditional method and make it easier.
- Deep fryers are faster and cook large amount of foods per batch than the air fryers (though it is an healthier alternative).
- Deep fryer takes less oil to cook the food. It reduces oil consumption and makes the food more healthy.
- Deep fryer takes less time to heat the oil and cook the food.
- Advanced features like time and temperature setting and automatic turn-off increase the reliability of this device.
- In comparison, having heatproof, shockproof, cold handle, and lid in a deep fryers make it safer to use than traditional frying.
- The hooks on the frying basket allow us to decide the amount of oil to be left in the food. This way, we can prepare crispy or juicy(/tender) fried food accordingly.
- The odor of the fried food can be reduced with the odor resistance feature of a deep fryer.
- The oil filtration system in the advanced deep fryers increases the re-usability of the oil.
How to clean and maintain your deep fryer?
- The cleaning of a deep fryer is quite effortless as every part of it can be removed easily. Most of the newfangled deep fryers are dishwasher friendly.
- The frying basket is often glued with oil, grease, and food fat; it should be cleaned after every use to improve its longevity.
- Use warm water, soap, and a soft-bristle brush /scrubber to clean the deep fryer. If there is stubborn grease on the frying basket, adding a tablespoon of vinegar to the cleaning water may help.
- Before cleaning make sure to unplug the deep fryer and discard the cord if allowed. And start the cleaning process only when the oil has cool down.
Maintenance of the Deep Fryer
- To attain the persistent good efficiency of the deep fryer, it should be maintained well.
- Make sure you are adhering to the capacity of the deep fryer. Upon using excess oil/ food, it pressurizes the deep fryer, and the efficiency automatically decreases.
- Keep a count on the re-usability of the oil. Naturally, on every fry due to food fat, the oil keeps thickening. And to heat the thick oil, it demands more temperature and heat.
Deep Fryers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. What are the best deep fryer brands in India?
- As per our study, the most popular brands for deep fryers among Indian consumers are Prestige, Inalsa, Agaro, Froth & Flavour.
- 2. Which is better an air fryer or deep fryer?
- Both the appliances have their pros and cons. The deep fryer is faster and cooks larger amount of food. On the other hand, an air fryer is a healthier cooking method as it uses less or no oil. Even, it not only fries, but can also bake, roast and grill. When it comes to taste, a deep fryer is the winner as it results in the real deep fried consistency. On the other hand, some foods in an air fryer comes out more dry than that fried in a deep fryer.
- 3. Can you leave the oil in a deep fryer?
- Ideally, it is not recommended to store the oil in a deep fryer. However, occasionally you can store the oil but only for a short time.
- 4. How often should you change the oil in a deep fryer?
- The oil in the deep fryer should be changed after 6 to 8 use.
- 5. Which oil is best to use in a deep fryer?
- Refined oil and olive oil are the best to use in a deep fryer.
- 6. Can you use olive oil in a deep fryer?
- Yes, olive is one of the best choices for a deep fryer because it has a high mono-saturated fat content and high smoke point, which gives the best taste.
That is everything you need to know before purchasing a deep fryer. We have covered all possible information to make it a complete guide. According to our research, Inalsa Professional 2 Fryer has all the necessary features and falls into the affordable range.
Despite, if you got any query or need further clarification on anything mentioned above, Comment below. We will help you to make it clear.