The Refrigerator is one of the essential appliances, especially during summers. Whether to keep the drinking water and beverages cold, maintaining the foodstuffs as well as vegetables refreshed for a long time, and getting your favorite icy desserts, is as simple with this technological appliance. But what if you get all these features in a compact one? Say thanks to the Mini Refrigerators/ Compact Fridges for home which is all the new technological invention that offers the same benefits like the standard refrigerators.
So, if you are a lazy guy who doesn’t want to move at night for getting a water bottle or a hostler or the one living in a dorm room, a mini refrigerator is a great solution for you. With its compact size, you can keep it near your bed or in the hostel room to get access to the foodstuff and chilled drinks easily.
Get an in-depth information on mini fridges by reading our Buying Guide Section.
Our Best Picks of Mini Refrigerators in India
It is quite really a challenging task to pick the best mini refrigerator as the market is full of a lot of brands and models. But don’t worry, we have made your task easier that will help you in choosing the best one for all your need and budget preferences. We have compiled here the latest and best models of mini refrigerators for home, office, and car. So, Just go through our best picks to select the best one accordingly.
|Brand||Model||Capacity||Energy Star Rating|
|Haeir||HR-62VS||52 L||3-Star||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|LG||GL-051SSW||45 L||-||View on Flipkart|
|Mitashi||MSD052RF200||52 L||2-Star||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|Whirlpool||65 W-ATOM PRM 3S||46 L||3-Star||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|Koryo||KPF17||45 L||4-Star||View on Amazon|
|Godrej||TEC Qube 30L HS Q103||30 L||-||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|Intex||RR061ST||50 L||1-Star||View on Flipkart|
|Globalurja||-||4 L||-||View on Amazon|
|Tropicool||PC-05||5 L||-||View on Amazon|
Best Mini Refrigerators Reviews
Now just have a detailed look at the full review of each our best picks for mini refrigerators along with their specifications and buyers feedback as well.
1. Haier HR-62VS Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
This compact and convenient mini refrigerator is a perfect combination of both style and excellent performance. Its advanced technology offers the best cooling performance.
The capacity is 52 L that makes it an excellent choice for hostlers, and even best for the bedroom and offices. It comes with a 3-Star energy rating and thus efficiently saves energy without any compromise in performance.
- Stabilizer free operation
- Low noise and vibration compressor
- Sleek design with powerful performance
- Recess handle
- Antifungal gasket
- More storage space
- This mini refrigerator has lots of space inside to store your foodstuffs
- Nice and elegant design
- Best for the people who want to fulfill their refrigeration needs in low budget
- Cooling is very quick
- Silent operation
- Light source is not present inside
2. LG GL-051SSW Direct-cool Single Door Mini Refrigerator
LG is a renowned brand that is famous for the quality for a variety of home appliances. And this single door mini refrigerator from LG is the perfect combination of style and performance.
Inside the fridge, you can get enough space to stock items like bottles, cans, fruits, and snacks, etc with extra long freshness. This small refrigerator is also equipped with powerful cooling technology that gives you the best cooling experience.
- Direct cool single door refrigerator
- 45 l Capacity
- Door Lock Control Option
- Frost free defrosting system
- Powerful Cooling Technology
- Excellent performance
- Great capacity to store foodstuffs
- Very handy and portable
- Good cooling
- No lights inside
3. Mitashi 52 L 2 Star (2019) Direct-Cool Mini Refrigerator (MSD052RF200)
This compact refrigerator from Mitashi is absolutely easy on pocket if you have a tight budget and want to get all the features of a standard refrigerator. This one is perfect for a small family as well as best to use in hostels, offices, etc.
This mini refrigerator is featured with direct cooling system ensuring faster and optimum cooling and superb thermodynamic performance at low cost. It comes with 2-Star energy rating that saves both energy and money.
- 52 L Capacity
- Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- 2-Star Energy Rating
- Elegant design and style
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- Manual Defrost Option
- Mechanical Temperature Control System
- Lock and Key feature
- Affordable Price
- Silent operation
- Works very perfectly
- Superb cooling
- No light inside the fridge
4. Whirlpool 46 L 3 Star (2019) Mini Refrigerator (65 W-ATOM PRM 3S)
Enjoy unlimited food storage space with this mini fridge from Whirlpool. It offers you the best and fastest freezing utility. With 46 Litres of capacity, this one is perfect enough to store the beverages, drinks, snacks, and other foodstuffs very easily. You can use it in your home, office, bedroom, etc. to get the chilled stuff ready to consume.
There is a separate freezer section to store ice cream and other frozen delights. With seven adjustable cooling modes, you can choose the perfect temperature for all your cooling needs. Also, there are two door racks to store water bottles, cold drinks, and juices, etc. Plus, the stabilizer-free operation makes this mini-fridge to withstand high voltage fluctuations.
- 46 L Capacity
- Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Aluminum body with toughened glass door
- Absorption and Compressor Technology
- Anti Bacterial Gasket for germ protection
- Nice and stylish design
- Great quality product
- Good Cooling
- Capacity is also good to store the stuffs
- No lights inside the refrigerator
5. Koryo KMR45SV Direct Cool Mini Refrigerator
This mini refrigerator from Koryo comes with a number of unique features that makes it an excellent choice to buy. It comes with 1 hour ice prepared technology. The four-star energy rating makes it more energy efficient and power saver.
It also comes with toughened glass shelves that can bear heavy loads of up to 120 Kg. This compact fridge also has the wet management technology that intelligently controls the wetness to keep fruits and vegetables fresh for long time.
- 45 L Capacity
- 4-Star Energy Rating
- Eco Friendly R600a refrigerant
- Toughened glass shelves
- Stabilizer Free operation
- Nice and stylish design
- Great space inside the refrigerator to store things
- Energy efficient refrigerator
- Worth value for the money
- No Lights inside the fridge
6. Godrej 30 L Qube Mini Refrigerator (TEC QUBE 30L HS Q103)
This mini refrigerator from Godrej is a perfect combination of aesthetically appealing design and relative storage capacity. With a compact footprint, it is an excellent buy for your bedroom, guest room, office, hotel rooms, and as well as for traveling, etc. It comes with a capacity of 30 L.
No freezer zone is available in the fridge that makes it a 100% frost-free fridge. And its thermoelectric cooling technology makes the food and beverages fresh for a longer period.
This single door mini fridge comes with dual LED allowing the inside view very clear and vivid. O, you can access the items kept inside very easily. Also, it consumes very less power, which is the biggest benefit.
- Capacity 30 L
- Thermo-electric cooling technology
- No frost
- Dual LED lights
- Stabilizer free operation
- Compatible with home inverter
- Nice build quality
- Cooling performance is very nice
- Super silent operation
- Easy maintenance
- Very less power consumption
- Not ideal for making ice cubes
- Lacks lock feature
7. Intex 50 L Mini Refrigerator (RR061ST)
This Intex mini-fridge is another great buy for a small room, bedroom, minibar, hostels and dorm room, hotel rooms, etc. With 50 L of capacity, the fridge can store too much of the eatables. This single door mini fridge comes with a separate freezer section to store frozen delights like ice-cream, frozen peas, etc.
The interior of this refrigerator is designed in a way that keeps fruits, vegetables, and other foodstuffs fresh for a longer duration. There also comes the door rack to store wine bottles and water bottles, etc. Also, with the built-in stabilizer, it can withstand the voltage fluctuation keeping the fridge away from any damage.
- Capacity 50 L
- 1 Star Energy Rating
- Separate Freezer zone
- Wired shelves
- Built-in stabilizer
- Strong and sturdy built
- Offers easy and smart organization of perishables
- Good capacity
- Easy to clean and maintain
- No light inside the fridge
8. Globalurja Cool and Warm Car Refrigerator
If you are fond of traveling, this mini refrigerator for car is absolutely an excellent purchase. This one comes with both cool and warm functions. So you can enjoy either cold or hot drinks with just the simple transition from hot to cold. This car refrigerator comes with the 4 L capacity that is pretty good enough to store food for traveling.
With its two-tier humanized design, it allows the partition to remove easily. So, it offers more organized storage space. Also, its humanized handle provides convenient carrying. So, you can store your lunch, drinks, beer, baby bottles, etc. in it while on a trip.
- Capacity 4 L
- Can fit four cans or six bottles of 250 ml (for cooling) or2 to 3 lunch boxes (for warming)
- Min. Temp -5 deg. C & Max Temp. +65 deg. C
- Compact and portable design
- No compressor, no refrigerant gas or coils
- Looks stylish
- Sturdy built
- Heating and cooling function both is very nice in a single fridge
- Compact and easy to carry along
- No downsides noted yet
9. Tropicool PC05W PC-05 Portable Chiller cum Warmer
It is again both a chiller cum warmer car refrigerator great for traveling purposes. Also, this tropicool mini fridge can be a great choice for your home, and office too. With the superior matte finish and eye-catching design, it is an excellent addition to your office table, room table, etc.
It comes with a capacity of 5 L that can store and carry your medicines, fruits, baby food, beverages, etc.. So you can use it on the go to enjoy the refreshing chilled beverages and food. Also, the warmer function can easily be activated in one touch. This mini-fridge is based on thermoelectric cooling technology. Also, it includes both AC and DC cord, making it ideal for both home and car use.
- Capacity 5L
- Thermoelectric cooling technology
- Temperature range includes 5-degree Celsius to 60-degree Celsius
- Both AC and DC cord to use it at home and car both
- Magnetic locking door
- Convenient handle for easy carrying
- No compressor or refrigerant gas
- Adjustable panel for easy accommodation of bottles, cans, food items, etc.
- Nice design and build
- Good cooling performance
- Easy to choose chill/warm function
- Not suitable to store ice creams or any frozen foods
How to Choose the Best Mini Fridge? (Buying Guide)
What is a Mini Fridge?
Like the name, these mini refrigerators are small over the standard-sized refrigerators, including single door, double door, triple door, side by side, and french door refrigerators. These usually come with less than 5.5 cu. ft.capacity and are compact in size. Thus, these mini refrigerators are ideal for your bedrooms, guest rooms, office rooms, hotel rooms, small shops, etc. Their small size makes them easily portable. So, the mini refrigerators are also ideal for outdoor parties and trips, picnics, camping, etc.
You can store groceries, fruits, vegetables, and other foodstuffs and drinks to keep them fresh and chilled. The best part is that these fridges are designed very smartly to keep a lot of snacks and beverages very conveniently. As they come in different variants, you can choose the one as per your needs and preferences.
Benefits of Mini Refrigerator
The specialty of these compact mini refrigerators is a lot more. The best we can count is its small size that makes it the ideal choice for us. Although these mini appliances have a limited space to keep your drinks cooled and groceries refrigerated, but they do it perfectly the same way like a full-sized refrigerator. And thus, these are proving to be an excellent addition if you have the lack of space.
Also, the mini refrigerators for home are portable so you can take it along with you wherever you go and get your icy chilled beverages and refreshing snacks whenever you want.
Types of Mini Refrigerators
Now when it comes to the type of mini refrigerators, there are a lot of options. Let’s have a detailed look at the different types of compact mini-refrigerators.
These are the most common type of mini fridges that looks like the cube. This small unit ranges from 11.5 to 2.1 cubic feet. Featuring the lightweight, these models are easily portable from one place to another. The best part of this type of mini refrigerator is that these are the less expensive models so you can easily opt for it if you don’t want to spend more.
Medium-Sized Mini Refrigerators
These mini refrigerators for home are quite expensive than the cube mini fridges but come in the larger size than the former ones. Here you can find more shelves as well as a bigger freezer section to pile up more of your stuffs.
Counter High Mini Fridges
This compact fridge is the most expensive type but is also the most energy efficient. If you want to stock plenty of foods and drinks, this one is the perfect option. This one comes in both the single and double door (with a separate freezer compartment) options.
Drinks Mini Refrigerators
These type of mini refrigerators serves only the purpose of storing drinks, beverages, and snacks ready to consume. But they are comparatively smaller in size.
Travel Mini Refrigerators
These are specially made for traveling purpose, even lighter in weight so that you can easily carry it along with you. You can keep your drinks and foodstuffs cool with this type of mini refrigerator while traveling.
Features to consider while buying a Mini Refrigerator for home
A good mini refrigerator can do a lot more rather than keeping stuff cold and fresh. The first and foremost consideration before you opt for a mini fridge should be how much space you are available with? Also, you must consider how fast is their cooling capacity, their noise level, their energy star ratings, etc., etc. Here we have a lined up some other most important points you must keep in mind before buying a mini refrigerator.
Size and Dimension of the Fridge
You need a compact fridge only if space is a constraint for you. Therefore, it is the foremost feature to consider the size and dimension of the mini-fridge so that you can easily install it at the available space you have.
Variable Door Options
Mini fridges come in variable door options, including single door double door, and reversible door options.
The single door mini fridge includes only one door where you have to stack all the items in one place, including frozen items too like ice-cream, ice cubes, etc.
The double door mini fridge includes two separate doors- the bottom one is the fridge section, and the upper door is the freezer section.
The Reversible door mini fridge includes the door that can be opened either from left to right or right to left. It is an excellent option if you have a lack of space. Thus, it can easily get fit according to the area available.
The mini fridge with adjustable shelves ensures a more organized storage space. Also, it gives you more space to store food and drinks conveniently. But, if you choose a model with a stable shelf, it might be difficult to store the stuff properly.
This is the most important thing to consider if you are planning to buy a mini refrigerator. Mini refrigerators for home come in different sizes having different storage capacity. So you can opt for the one according to the storage space you need to store the stuff.
Since mini refrigerators come in different sizes, you must pick the one that is easily portable from one place to another, especially if you are a traveler. It means go for the light in weight option so that you can make it move from one place to another very easily.
Some models of mini refrigerators contain freezer also, so if you need to keep ice and frozen treats on hand, you must buy the one having freezer option. A small compartment of the freezer is there where you can keep the ice tray, ice-creams, and other frozen delights.
Power Consumption is another important factor which should be considered before buying any electrical appliances. Always go for the energy rated fridges with the highly efficient cooling system. Remember that the larger mini refrigerators consume less power than the smaller mini-refrigerators.
Considering the amount you need to spend on purchasing a specific product is very much important. In the case of mini-fridges, first, check for the features and functionalities you want in them. And then decide the amount you want to spend on them. Also, compare different models and then decide which one suits your budget with maximum functionalities and features.
Only go for reliable brands and manufacturers that give you the proper warranty and replacement on the product and its parts. Make sure to go through every single detail while considering the repair and return policy of the mini-fridge.
Some More Smart Features
The smart features of a mini-fridge include:
- Automatic Defrost that automatically defrost the fridge on need without any manual intervention
- Alarm Feature to notify you in case if you have forgotten to close the fridge door
- Some are very energy efficient because of the inclusion of absorption and compressor technology
- Germ protection gasket
- Stabilizer-free operation to withstand voltage fluctuations
Other points to consider
- Go for the larger mini refrigerators
- If you want the frozen treats, select the 2-door models having the freezer section
- Choose the one having glass shelves rather than wire racks
- Also look for the interior space provided
Tips for Maintenance and Cleaning of Mini Refrigerators
- Place the mini-fridge always in an upright position. Don’t keep it horizontally as it causes the problem in the interior cooling of the fridge. But, in case if laying down it in a horizontal position is necessary, lay it flat on its back or tilted for a very short time if possible.
- Keep in mind when you need to stand it upright; wait for at least 24 hours before plugging it. It ensures the fridge mechanism to re-correct itself for proper cooling.
- Always keep the mini refrigerator away from direct sunlight or heat sources like the water heater, blower, or room heater, etc.
- Place it on an even surface always.
- Wipe the outer of the mini-fridge with a cleaner once a week to remove stains and fingerprints.
- Clean out the interior of it, using the water and baking soda solution every month. Unplug the fridge before cleaning. Also, clean out the coils and vents on a monthly basis.
- Defrost the fridge on a regular basis.
- Keep some space while storing the foods and drinks for proper airflow and even cooling.
- Never overload the fridge so that it can work properly, and the cooling is not affected.
- Don’t forget to remove all perishable items if you will be away for a few weeks.
- If you need to take out the mini-fridge along with you on a trip, first remove all perishable items from it. Then unplug it and clean the interior and exterior of it properly. After that, open its door and place a towel underneath the fridge for at least 24 hours to absorb all the moisture from it. Before you leave, remove the towel and take it along with you.
This is all about our best picks for the compact mini refrigerators for home if space is constraint for you and you need to fulfill all your refrigeration needs. I am sure this buyer’s guide will definitely help you in picking out the best one of your choice. All these are energy efficient models, so don’t worry about the high electricity bills. And also don’t forget to mention the comment about the blog in the comment section below.