Having a popcorn machine at your home lets you make the delicious, crunchy, and tasty popcorn anytime whenever you have the cravings for it. Whether it is the movie nights, evening snack, family fun, parties, and gatherings, popcorn makes your fun double. Stovetop Popcorn Makers, like Hot Air and Microwave Popcorn Makers, are yet another beautiful investment to make the fresh popcorn from the comfort of home. Even it is an economical option too for making your favorite snack.
Making popcorn on the stovetop is really a fun. It really feels a more hands-on approach to make the popcorn using stovetop popcorn makers. Also, it will get more exciting when you have a pot with glass lids. It lets you monitor the progress of the kernels while popping.
What is a Stovetop Popcorn Maker and how it works?
Stovetop popcorn makers, the name reveals that these devices are used for making popcorn on the stovetop. These are specifically made with stainless steel, some having the stainless steel lid, and some with the transparent glass lid. These stovetop popcorn makers you can easily use at your home for making large quantities of popcorn. Even it is also an ideal choice to use on an open fire during the camping or trips.
Now how it works-it is as simple as you think. Switch on your gas stove or induction cooktop and set it on a low heat. Place the Popcorn maker on it and add a little bit of oil to it. Then add the corn kernels, cover it with lid, and let it pop for 3-4 minutes. And Done. Cleaning of these cookwares is also super easy, you just need to wipe it with the paper towel.
Pros and Cons of Stovetop Popcorn Makers
- Can be used both on induction and gas stove
- Produces popcorn very fast with a minimal amount of unpopped kernels
- Makes a large amount of popcorn in one go
- It gets hotter than other popcorn makers, so resulting in larger popped kernels
- Easy to clean
- No on/off switch is there. You have to monitor the pot during the popping process
- Sometimes cause the kernels to be burned if the flame is high
Our Top Picks of Stovetop Popcorn Makers
If you are wondering to choose the best, our top picks of stovetop popcorn makers will really help you. We have picked the best of the best brands and models on the basis of their ease of use and convenience, reliability, versatility, and some other features. So have a look on our best picks.
|Whirley Pop||COMINHKR033056||6 Quarts||View on Amazon |
|Wabash Valley Farms||24001||6 Quarts||View on Amazon|
|Zippy Pop||00008-01-ZIP||4 Quarts||View on Amazon|
|Cook N Home||02529||6 Quarts||View on Amazon|
|Great Northern||6250||6.5 Quarts||View on Amazon |
Best Stovetop Popcorn Makers Reviews
Now let’s have a look at the detailed review of each model separately to decide upon which one really suits your need. We have come with the specifications and buyers feedback for each model, so it will be convenient for you to make the best pick for a stovetop popcorn maker.
1. Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
Get the mouthwatering flavor of hot and fresh popcorn with this stovetop popcorn maker from the brand Whirley. This simple and easy to use popcorn popper is really fun to make the crispy and crunchy popcorn in few minutes only. Whether it is the movie night, gatherings, parties or even a night with family, it makes every kernel popped to the perfection.
The capacity of this stovetop popcorn maker is also very good. You can make 6 quarts in one go in less than 3 minutes. With its patented stirring mechanism, no need to worry about sticking and burning of popcorn. It also comes with the wooden crank and handle that makes the handling of it very easy while making the popcorn. This aluminum stovetop popcorn maker also has the removable lid as well as quick release clips making the cleaning process a breeze.
And the plus point is that the Whirley popcorn popper comes with 3 popcorn popping kits including the fresh popping corns, buttery salt and gourmet popping oil-all you needed to create authentic and delicious theater style popcorn.
- Fast and Easy- Makes 6qts in less than 3 minutes
- 4 steam vents allowing steam to escape during popping for the tender and crispy popcorn
- The patented stirring mechanism for every kernel to pop with perfection
- Hardwood handle ensures the safety
- Easy cleanup
- Removable lid with quick release clips
- The ultimate popcorn popper with nice and sturdy built
- Pops almost every kernel and no burned pieces
- Super fast and easy to use
- Capacity is pretty good for large gatherings and family functions
- Flavor it delivers is really great
- Cleaning is super easy
- No downsides noted yet
2. Wabash Valley Farms 25008 Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
If you want the classic way of making popcorn at home, this one stovetop popcorn maker from Wabash Valley Farms is absolutely the best buy. This aluminum pan comes with the clip-on lid, stay cool handle, and stainless steel stirring system to make 6 quarts of delicious popcorn in one batch.
It has been designed with the patented stirring mechanism, so every kernel gets popped with the perfection. The lid of this popcorn maker comes with steam vents keeping your popcorn dry and crisp. And with the added bonus, this stovetop popcorn maker comes with all inclusive real theater popping kit, so you will surely go to discover the best popcorn with the fluffy goodness.
- 6 Quarts capacity
- Aluminum pan with wooden handle and stainless steel stirring system
- Patented stirring mechanism to prevent burning and sticking
- Easy clean up: Just wipe with the paper towel
- Removable lid
- Awesome build quality
- Delivers fluffy and perfectly popped kernels with few to no-unpopped kernels
- Quick and easy
- Super easy to clean
- The taste and texture of the popcorn it delivers is really great
- A bit pricey
3. Zippy Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper
This stovetop popcorn maker from Zippy, the third in our list brings a new popcorn making experience with fun. Not only to make the fluffy popcorn but also easy to make other homemade goodness like roasted nuts, or other snacks with this stovetop popcorn maker. It comes with the vented and tempered glass lid along with the crank handle enabling the full control on you whatever you are making. The vibrant red aluminum pot with non-stick interior prevents sticking and makes it easy to clean.
It uses very less oil and lets you control the ingredients, for healthier and happier snacking. And the very best feature is that its patented stirring tumbling mechanism lets you add seasoning and ingredients like chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, cheese, and more with the more even distribution.
- Premium aluminum pot with non-stick interior
- Innovative tumbling mechanism
- Tempered glass lid
- Capacity 4 Quarts
- Dishwasher safe
- Create custom snack mixes by adding ingredients such as chocolate, caramel and more through the silicone covered flavor pot
- The most perfect popper with strong and sturdy built
- The Teflon coating protects the corn from burning and sticking
- Cleaning is very simple by wiping with a paper towel
- The lid and turning device are heavy and of solid construction
- No downsides noted yet
4. Cook N Home 02529 Stovetop Popcorn Popper
This stainless steel stovetop popcorn maker from Cook N Home having the capacity of 6 quarts delivers the tastiest popcorn to your family and friends. The pot has the aluminum bottom that provides even heat distribution while popping, so you can get only the perfect popcorn. Its wooden handle comes with the turning gear that lets you stir the kernels for even popping. The best part is that this stovetop popcorn maker is also compatible with the induction cooktop and works on gas, electric, glass, ceramic, etc.
- 6 Quarts Capacity
- Stainless steel body
- Aluminum layer bottom for even heat distribution
- Wooden handle with turning gear
- The lid has steam vents for keeping the popcorn crisp
- Easy to pour
- Induction compatible
- Well built
- The thick aluminum bottom provides even heating
- Very fast and quick popping
- Delivers perfect popcorn leaving only a few kernels unpopped
- Compatibility with the induction cooktop is a nice feature
- The pot is too heavy to maneuver, so it should come with handles on the pot
- No dishwasher safe
5. Great Northern Stovetop Popcorn Popper
When it comes to choosing the best popcorn maker for your kitchen, this one stainless steel stovetop popcorn maker is yet another ideal choice. Make the delicious and Movie Theater like popcorn with ease in your kitchen with this stovetop popcorn maker. Featuring an innovative design, it allows the moisture to escape out while the popping process, so you can only get hot, crunchy, and delicious popcorn. With its innovative stirring handle, now no need to worry about burning of the popcorn. Just get the perfect popcorn after each batch. Also, the cleaning of it is so simple, so it is worth investing in it.
- Stainless steel stovetop popcorn maker
- Duplex heat pad for even cooking
- Make 5 quarts of popcorn in a few minutes
- Vented lids to release moisture
- Unique spinner stirring mechanism
- Real wood handles and knobs
- Easy cleanup
- Great quality product with an awesome built
- The capacity of this popcorn maker is good
- Easy to use and clean
- No leftover and burned kernels
- Delivers absolutely perfect kernels every single time
- No downsides noted yet