Air Purifier is now one of the essential requirements of everyone in this polluted environment. Whether to feel fresh air or to take pure breath, Air Purifiers help you achieve the same. It makes your surrounding air clean and fit to inhale.
According to a survey, India is the most heavily polluted country. Cities like Delhi, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, etc. in India are some of the most polluted cities in the world. Pollution level is continuously rising year to year causing a host of serious health issues to most of us, and it is predicted to be worsening ahead. To overcome all these issues, it is better to invest in a gadget like air purifiers that removes all the contaminants from the air and keeps the air fresh.
What is an Air Purifier?
An Air Purifier also known as Air Cleaner is a device that removes the contaminants from the air. These pollutants include dust, mold spores, dust mites, toxin, chemicals, odors, and other carbon-based pollutants. And thereby this amazing device creates healthier and cleaner air in your home and office. To get an in-depth information on Air Purifiers, check our Buying Guide Section.
Our Best Picks of Air Purifiers
|Brand||Model||Filter Type||Coverage Area|
|Philips||AC1215/20||HEPA, Activated Carbon||677 sq ft||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|Xiaomi||2 AC M2 AA||HEPA||400 sq ft||View on Flipkart|
|Xiaomi||AC-MA-AA||PET primary filter, Ultra dense EPA, Activated Carbon||400 sq ft||View on Amazon|
|Philips||AC3256/20||HEPA||430 sq ft||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|HoneyWell||HAC35M1101G||Pre-Filter, HEPA||450 sq ft||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|Philips||AC2887/20||HEPA, Activated Carbon||851 sq ft||View on Amazon |
View on Flipkart
|American Micronic||22Dx||HEPA, Activated Carbon, Ionizer||200 sq ft||View on Amazon|
|Honeywell||Air Touch i8||HEPA||387 sq ft||View on Amazon|
|Atlanta Healtcare||Beta 350||Pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti bacterial filter, activated carbon, photo catalyst oxidization, UV light and ionizer||350 sq ft||View on Amazon|
|Panasonic||F-PXJ30AHD||Air Ionizer (Nanoe)||215 sq ft||View on Amazon|
Best Air Purifiers Reviews
1. Philips Air Purifier – AC1215/20
Just get a comfortable night sleep with this model of Philips Air Purifier. It has superior purification technology like VitaShield Intelligent Purification System and NanoProtect True HEPA Filter that filters out the harmful gases and even ultra-fine particles. Thus provides the clean and hygienic air in your room.
This Philips Air Purifier comes with smart air quality sensor as well as 4-color air quality indicator. It is also equipped with 4 different fan speeds that include ultra-silent and turbo modes to suit varying room sizes and pollution levels as well.
- 100% ozone free with natural filtration technology
- Allergen auto mode for superior allergen removal efficiency
- NightSense Auto Mode
- Smart Light Control
- Fully automatic operation for hassle-free air monitoring and purification
- Healthy Air Protect Alert that reminds you promptly to change the filters when required
- Multiple fan speeds with ultra-silent and turbo modes suiting varying room sizes and pollution levels
- Ultra silent and quiet
- Smart air quality sensor
- Excellent product with elegant look
- Cleans the air perfectly very well
- Noise free operation
- Adjusts fan speed automatically
- Dust sensor is very powerful
- The product is useful only for small dimension rooms
2. MI Air Purifier 2
Take a breath of fresh and pure air with this compact and portable Air Purifier from Xiaomi. This one air purifier is equipped with 360 degrees triple-layer filter including primary filter, Toray H11-grade HEPA filter, and activated carbon filter to remove dust, odors, and other respirable particles.
Its high-quality particle sensor offers accurate monitoring to keep the air inside clean and pure. It offers clean and pure air to every corner of your room so that you can inhale purely fresh air. The MI Air Purifier 2 is also ultra quiet and power efficient with seamless speed transitions.
- Purify 400 square feet area just only in 10 minutes
- EPA triple-layer filter
- Equipped with strong and silent motor
- Quick and precise response to air quality changes
- Use your phone as a remote to operate this air purifier by downloading the MI Home app
- Nice built and excellent look
- Cleaning quality is excellent
- Best air purifier for large sized rooms
- The added app feature is too good
- Easy to set up and operate, all can be managed from MI app
- The product is worth buying if you are allergic to dust and have asthma
- It could eliminate the odor around 50%
- Filter price is on higher side
- Does not filter Carbon Dioxide, so room is required to open always unless ACs are switched on
- The air quality reading is not accurate
3. Mi Air Purifier 2S
This is the latest addition to Mi Air Purifier with a set of some more advanced features. It comes in an efficient tower structure design making it compact and ensures maximum efficiency. Even though it has 943 intake holes that helps in increasing the air intake space and forms a 360-degree cyclical air filtration pathway.
This Mi Air Purifier is equipped with 3-layer filtration that offers maximum purification of the indoor air. The outer layer is helpful in removing airborne particles such as dust and hair. The middle layer uses H-11 grade filtration technology to remove micron-sized particles and catches harmful bacteria. The inner layer is made up of activated carbon that removes formaldehyde, odor, and other harmful substances.
Coming to the design part, there is an OLED screen on the front of the device that shows the temperature and humidity level. It also lets you check the PM2.5 level to keep track of how clean your air is? The best part of Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2S is its Mi Home app connectivity. This feature lets you connect the device seamlessly with your phone so that you can easily control it via the Mi app from anywhere in the world. You can also use Mi Home App to remotely control your purifier to know the air quality and filter status from the app. Even you can adjust the fan strength and set a timer to power on the device.
- Efficient Tower-Structure Design
- 3 layer filtration including PET primary filter, Ultra-dense EPA, Activated Carbon
- OLED display that shows real-time AQI, temperature, and humidity levels
- Coverage area: 400 sq. ft. / 37 sq. mtrs
- Smart control through Mi Home App and Alexa
- 3 different modes- Auto, Sleep and Favourite
- Automatic Brightness Adjustment
- High-Precision Laser Sensor
- Purifies Your Room in 10 mins with a CADR of 310m³/h
- Silent and energy efficient
- Smart design with circular filter
- Nice and portable
- Single cylindrical filter for easiest replacement
- Smart App connection to monitor and operate the device through your phone
- Works very effectively and efficiently
- Difficult to clean the filter
- Noisy in manual mode
4. Philips 3000 Series AC3256 AeraSense Air Purifier
Breathe healthier air with this Philips Air Purifier 3000 series having AeraSense & VitaShield IPS. Its AeraSense technology measures and display real-time indoor air quality (PM 2.5) with professional grade air sensing. And it’s VitaShield Intelligent Purification System naturally removes 99.97% allergens and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns.
It is equipped with new NanoProtectTM S3 Filters including pre-filter, activated carbon filter, and two layers of HEPA filter. This air purifier also comes with three specially designed air inlets for maximum efficiency and performance and extra powerful turbo mode for faster purification.
- Protects against H1N1 virus
- Ultra-silent sleep mode
- Precisely controlled auto mode
- 24-hour digital timer
- Healthy air protect alert
- Child lock option available
- Powerful Turbo mode for faster purification
- Super efficient product with excellent performance
- Real-time monitor is a good plus
- The sleep mode is almost noiseless
- Air cleaning quality is excellent
- PM reading feature is top notch
- You have to clean its pre-filter almost very frequently
- The product is useful for only small dimensional rooms
- The HEPA filter is to replace in a very short period of time
5. Honeywell Air Touch HAC35M1101G Air Purifier
This is one of the most efficient Air purifier featuring polycarbonate body and ensures quite operation. It comes with three stages advanced patented filtration system that removes pollutants with more than 99% efficiency.
It is also a completely ozone free air purifier and does not release any harmful gases as a byproduct of the filtration technology. Its patented HiSiv filter comes with a unique honeycomb design that removes formaldehyde, toxic gases, VOCs & odor.
This newly advanced air purifier from Honeywell also features a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 300 cubic m/h, as well as an accuracy sensing technology that lets you know the quality of the air you breathe.
- Multilayered purification filters including HEPA filters and HiSiv filters
- DIY filter replacement
- Visual Indicator for air quality
- Low Power consumption
- Low noise operation
- Smooth touch controls
- Zero blind angle air flow design
- Sophisticated and elegant look
- Works well and easy to use
- Smart and easy filter replacement
- The sensor needs to be cleaned regularly for optimum performance of the air purifier
6. Philips 2000 Series AeraSense AC2887 Air Purifier
This air purifier from Philips features AeraSense technology. It also comes with a real time 2.5 measurement and display with professional grade sensing technology.
It’s PM reading feature and HEPA filter quality makes this one amongst the best options out there. This one air purifier from Philips is also 100% ozone-free.
- AeraSense technology
- CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) of 333m3/hour
- Dedicated pollution, allergen and bacteria/virus auto modes
- Noiseless operation
- Thick HEPA filter
- Great value for money
- Its allergen mode has been a life saver
- Air quality indicator works well
- Numeric indicator to indicate the PPM level is great
- Soft touch buttons are great
- Very low noise
- No negative reviews
7. American Micronic-AMI-AP1-22Dx HEPA Air Purifier
This air purifier from American Micronic is the most preferable choice for air purifying needs in your bedroom, baby room as well as the office cabins. It comes with multi filtration technology along with HEPA filter that removes 99.97% of airborne particles. Also, equipped with an activated carbon filter, this air purifier is capable of removing oil vapors, odor, and other hydrocarbons as well.
This one also has a built-in ionizer that efficiently removes the suspended particles by producing negatively charged ions in the air making it fresh and healthy. Talking about the convenience features, this air purifier comes with 1-2-4-8 hour timer. Also, it has 3 speeds airflow along with sleep mode for effortless and effective air purification.
- HEPA filter to remove 99.97% airborne particles
- Pre-filter to remove large dust particles
- Activated carbon filter to remove formaldehyde, oil vapors, odor, and other hydrocarbons
- Ionizer to remove suspended particles
- Convenience of 1-2-4-8 hour timer
- 3 Speed air flow with sleep mode
- Nice design and build quality
- Yet small in size but very effective
- Its pre-filter, HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, and ionizer improves the quality of the air very well
- Silent operation and so offers a good sound sleep
- The pre-filter net is removable and washable
- Sleep mode and timer mode comes very handy
- Length of the power cord is small
8. Honeywell Air Touch i8 Air Purifier
This is yet another powerful air purifier from the brand Honeywell to clean the air in rooms up to 450 sq ft. And so it is an ideal choice for your living room, dining space, baby rooms, etc. This air purifier is equipped with the advanced filtration technology combining the pre-filter, and HEPA plus HiSiv for effective air purification. The device promises a CADR of 300 cubic mtrs per hour and thus further promises to clean a 300 sq ft room in just 15 minutes only.
Now coming to the design part, it’s so simple and elegant. With the one-touch operation, this air purifier makes the use of device very simple. There comes the touch-enabled controls on the top panel for power on/off, fan speed button, and sleep mode. Apart from that, there is also a display showing the air quality and alerts. And it shows you all about the settings, and a simple numerical display shows you the AQI reading.
The device also has the lock and filter replacement indicators- the lock prevents accidental touches from changing the settings while the filter light shows when to change the filter.
- 3-stage advanced filtration system with combined patented HiSiv and HEPA filter
- Activated carbon filter to remove any microscopic pollutant and allergens
- Washable pre-filter that removes larger dust particles, pet hair/dander, soil, etc
- Intelligent auto mode
- Child Lock Feature
- Long filter life
- Low noise operation
- Well designed and stunning look
- Awesome build quality
- The fan is quite powerful, and in the night mode it is completely silent
- Touch controls are really very awesome
- Child lock feature comes very handy
- Filter replacement is pretty easy as well
- Great in terms of ease of use and performance
- No downsides noted yet
9. Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 Air Purifier
Make your indoor air free from any of the pollutants and impurities with this advanced air purifier from Atlanta Healthcare. It comes with 7-stage air purification technology including pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon filter, photocatalyst oxidization, UV light, and ionizer. And that’s why this air purifier is an ideal choice for homes, hospitals, offices, hotel rooms, etc. Besides, its iCluster air purification technology makes your home get rid of the dust, pollens, smoke, allergens, odor, and other airborne pollutants.
Talking about the design part, this air purifier is built with plastic body and comes in decent white color. Even though, there comes the glossy black control panel that hosts the LED display showing different operating modes. And the very nice feature is that it comes with a remote control that makes the operation really a breeze. The device also has basic bells and whistles to notify you when there is a need of filter replacements.
- 7-stage air filtration technology
- Best for indoor spaces up to 350 sq ft
- 3 fan speed modes
- LED display
- Plug and play operation
- Multi-mode operation
- Auto start in case of power failure
- Odor sensor
- Super silence technology
- Build quality is very nice
- Multiple stages of filtering offer really very great indoor air purification
- Convenient to use with its plug and play operation
- The remote control operation is also very good
- Easy to use
- Easy filter replacement
- The fan is little bit noisy at the high-speed setting
10. Panasonic Nanoe F-PXJ30AHD Air Purifier
The next comes in our list is the Panasonic Nanoe Air Purifier. This one is equipped with nanoe filtration technology that effectively filters out the dust, bacteria, viruses, odors, and other allergens from the indoor air. And so you can now breathe in a fresh and healthy indoor air environment. The device has effective side and front airflow modes that remove the harmful airborne particles from floor to ceiling.
The device also comes with Composite Air Filter and De-Odourization Filter that works more effectively in improving the indoor air quality. Moreover, this portable air purifier is also featured with auto shut-off mode, night mode, child lock, odor sensor, filter replacement indicator, and a timer.
- Composite air filter with 3 technology- Super Alleru-buster, Green Tea Catechin, and Antibacterial Enzyme
- 3D circulation airflow
- Coverage area: 215 sq. ft. / 20 sq. mtrs
- Clean sign indicator
- Odor sensor
- Auto mode
- 8 hours sleep mode
- Excellent build quality
- Great in terms of performance and quality
- Very quiet operation
- Easy to change the filter
- Worth for the price
- No downsides noted yet
Air Purifiers Buying Guide
How do Air Purifiers work?
Air purifiers work on the principle of trapping the indoor air by means of a fan through a filter or combination of filters. And then it blows out the clean and fresh air creating your indoor environment fresh and clean. Different filtration techniques are used in air purifiers for trapping the impurities. So, let’s have a detailed look at the type of filters used in air purifiers in our next section.
Types of Filters used in Air Purifier
Different air purifiers come with different filtration mechanism. So, choosing the right filtration technology is very much important. There are 4 most common filtration technologies used in an air purifier which is described hereunder:
HEPA Filters- HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Arresting. These are the most common as well as the most effective filtration technology used in air purifiers. It can trap nearly all the contaminants or pollutants even the finest airborne particles up to 0.3 microns from the air. Air purifiers with HEPA Filters are little pricey but the most effective one. And you need to change the filter per year for effective air purification.
Ozone or Ionizer Technology- The second is ozone or ionizer technology that works by releasing a cloud of negatively charged ions to clump the large particles together. And so, it easily captures the airborne pollutants. The best part of this filtration technology is that it has the ability to capture the ultrafine particles of even 0.01 microns. But the main downside with these filters is that some ionizers create excessive ozone that causes respiratory irritant.
Activated Carbon Filter- These filters are incorporated with chemical absorption technique using activated carbon or sometimes zeolite to remove impurities. Activated carbon filters are best for capturing a plethora of impurities including odor, smoke, chlorine, sediment, pesticides, VOCs, and other harmful gases.
Photocatalytic Filter- These filters use ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) for killing germs. And are the best options for commercial purposes. But the major downside with these filters is that it produces a small amount of ozone that is itself a toxic air pollutant. Since it can trigger breathing issues and asthma problems, it is better to avoid purchasing these filters.
Things to consider before buying an Air Purifier
This is the foremost factor before purchasing an air purifier for your room. Large models are ideal for large sized rooms and for smaller rooms the compact ones are an ideal choice. So it is important to check the coverage area parameter of the air purifier you need to install in your room for effective purification.
CADR and ACH
These two parameters are most notably to consider before buying an air purifier.
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. This rating lets you know how well the unit can purify the air in a specified room. The rating measures mainly three types of pollutants including dust, smoke, and pollens. The higher the value of CADR, the faster the unit can purify the air.
ACH stands for Air Changes Per Hour. This rating tells you how many times the air purifying device can exchange the air with clean and fresh air per hour. The higher the value of ACH, the higher the device is efficient in purifying the air inside your room.
Type of Air Purifier
We have already discussed about the different type of filters used in an air purifier. So choose the one that fits your need well.
Even there come the portable air purifiers with castor wheels that you can easily move from one room to another to purify the room accordingly. Besides that Whole House Air Purifiers are now becoming very popular that easily purify every room of your house. These units are getting connected to your home’s existing HVAC system to purify the indoor air.
Some models of air purifiers come with a fan that creates a little bit noise while operation. So, make sure the unit has fan speed adjustment option also, so you can easily mitigate the noise levels.
When it comes to maintenance, different types of air purifiers needs different type of maintenance. HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter needs routine filter replacements. And so air purifiers with these filters are quite expensive. It is important to check the maintenance cost and filter life before buying an air purifier.
On the other hand, air purifiers that use ultraviolet light to purify the air don’t need any filter replacement for your convenience.
Some other Smart Features
For the more convenient operation of air purifiers, some other smart features for consideration are:
- Caster Wheels and Handles for easy mobility
- Digital Controls as well as Remote control operation
- Filter Replacement Indicators
- Multiple Fan Speed settings
- Air Quality Sensors
- Programmable Timers
This is all about the best air purifiers in India to get clean and fresh air in your home and office. All the above listed air purifiers are of top notch quality and picked from the well known brands. So get the one according to your budget and requirement.