In the past few years, Water Dispensers have gained a lot of popularity. The reason behind this is that they combine the features of both the fridge and water filter in the same appliance. Plus, with easy accessibility they quench your thirst anytime. Even, with both hot and cold water option, you can make your favorite beverage whenever you want.
The appliance keeps you hydrated all day long. With water dispensers, you don’t need to waste your energy in storing water bottles in the refrigerator, and they also enhance the look of your kitchen too.
You can also place one in your office if you want to save money on your electricity bills. The only problem is that there are various types of water dispensers available, making it hard to find a good one.
To help you get the best deal, here we have given a list of the best water dispensers currently trending in the market. All these water dispensers come from well-recognized brands, which means that you won’t have to worry about the quality.
We have also covered a detailed Buying Guide on Water Dispensers, so that you will have all the information, and you will be able to decide which one is best for you. Now without further ado, let’s get started.
Top 10 Best Water Dispensers in India
|Best Water Dispensers||Type||Warranty|
|Usha Instafresh CoolingCabinet Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Voltas Mini Magic Pure-R Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Atlantis Table Top Dispenser||Hot / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Blue Star Water Dispenser With Cooling Cabinet||Hot / Cold / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Voltas Floor Model Plastic Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||-||CHECK PRICE|
|Leonard Plastic Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Swaggers Atlantis Prime Floor Standing Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||-||CHECK PRICE|
|Voltas Mini Magic Pearl-R Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|LEONARD-USA Stainless Steel Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold||-||CHECK PRICE|
|Harman Refrigeration Blue Star BWD3FMRGA Water Dispenser||Hot / Cold / Normal||-||CHECK PRICE|
Best Water Dispensers In India – Reviews
1. Usha Instafresh Water Dispenser (Best Overall)
Usha is a leading electronics company known for providing quality products, and this water dispenser has increased its standards even more. That’s why it comes to the top of our list for its amazing performance and quality construction.
This is a free-standing type hot and cold water dispenser. The good thing about this water dispenser is that it features a compact design, so it would be perfect even if you have space issues. Made with antibacterial properties, this product ensures that you are getting safe and healthy water.
This water cooler is equipped with 3 different faucets that provide you with normal, hot, and cold water. LED lights are also given to make navigation easy, which shows cooling, heating, and power function.
The model allows you to store 18 liters of water and has a cooling and heating capacity of 3 liters and 5 liters per hour, respectively.
There also comes a cooling cabinet beneath it, that is just an extension of your fridge. You can easily use it for storing milk packets/vegetables, or beverages. The cabinet is made of corrosion-resistant material, so you can be sure that it will last long.
It also comes with a child lock system, which ensures that your kids are safe. In short, it is a complete package and comes with all the essential features, which is the reason why it is placed at the number one position.
- Three different stylish faucets for hot, cold and normal water
- 18L capacity
- Corrosion-resistant cabinet
- Anti-bacterial cure
- Eco-friendly refrigerant
- Advanced cooling system
- The durable design makes it long-lasting
- Dispenses cold, hot, normal water
- It comes with child lock facility
- Various LED indicators for convenience
- No such
2. Voltas Mini Magic Water Dispenser (Runner Up)
Voltas Mini Magic has gathered a loyal following in a concise time. All credit goes to its unique features. This stylish water dispenser is made for both commercial and residential use. It is equipped with 3 faucets for cold, hot, and normal water.
This water dispenser’s body is made of high-quality anti-corrosive materials, so if you take proper care, it can stay with you for a long time. One great thing about this dispenser is that it comes with a safety lock mechanism, which saves you from hand burns.
As compared to other options in this price range, it utilizes less energy. With this water dispenser, you will also get a year warranty, so if you face any problems with the unit, you can quickly contact the support team.
It also has everything you might need, so if you want an alternative option to Usha Instafresh Water Dispenser, this would be the best choice.
- 3 Different Faucets for hot, cold, and normal water
- LED indicators
- The cooling capacity of 2.5L/hour
- High-grade material construction
- One Year Warranty
- Water dispenser with mini fridge serves the purpose of both water needs as well as refrigerating small foodstuffs
- Sleek and stylish design
- Hot water safety lock
- Needs less maintenance
- No such
3. ATLANTIS Table Top Water Dispenser (Budget Pick)
This water dispenser from Atlantis is an excellent option for people searching for a compact and budget-friendly water dispenser. It comes with the ability to heat 5 L of water in a single hour.
You can use it to store up to 1 L of hot water and 2 L of normal water. However, it cannot dispense cold water, but the hot water dispensed from it can range from 60 to 90 degrees.
This makes it one of the best hot water dispensers currently available in the market. If you are planning to buy this, then keep in mind that you will have to connect the water source before turning on the dispenser.
- Compact design
- Heats 5L/hour
- 2L normal water storing capacity
- 1L hot water storing capacity
- Dispense both normal and hot water
- It is very economical
- Doesn’t occupy a lot of space
- The build quality is good
- Easy to maintain
- Doesn’t dispense cold water
4. Blue Star Floor Model Water Dispenser
Now again comes a freestanding water dispenser from the brand Bluestar that not only fulfills your water dispensing needs but also having a mini-fridge at the bottom; it can refrigerate small food items. The model is both a hot and cold water dispenser with a lot of amazing features that makes it a great addition to your kitchen.
This water dispenser from Blue Star comes with 3 temperature taps for standard, hot, and cold water. You need to press the tap, and it will provide you fresh and clean water. It comes with a capacity to store 3 L of cool water and 5 L of hot water per hour. The model also allows you to store your canned food and water bottles in the mini-fridge zone.
The construction of the outer body of this water dispenser includes top-quality ABS material along with the stainless steel tank. Thus, making the dispenser very durable and long-lasting. It also features LED indicators that should include the metrics of hot and cold water. And to promote easy cleaning, a drip tray is also given.
It comes with a one year warranty, which means you reach customer support if you face any issues. With this water dispenser, you also have two color options, white and blue, so you can easily choose one that suits your kitchen décor.
- Cooling Cabinet
- Child Lock Facility
- 3 Different Water Faucets for hot, cold, and normal water
- LED indicator
- One Year Warranty
- It operates very silently
- Easy spill-proof tray ensures easy cleaning
- Low power consumption
- Provides amazing cooling performance
- The valve cap is missing
5. Voltas Floor Model Water Dispenser
It is another excellent water dispenser from Voltas. It features a straightforward design, which makes it suitable for anywhere. However, it is more preferred for office use, but you can also use it in your home if you have enough space.
The construction of this water dispenser consists of anti-corrosive materials, so you can have peace of mind that it will last long.
There are three different faucets available for dispensing hot, cold, or normal water, as per your requirement.
Moreover, the cooling capacity of this water dispenser is 2 liters/hrs, and the heating capacity is 5 liters/hrs making it pretty ideal for enough usage.
The hot child lock feature keeps you safe while using it, and it also consumes less energy compared to others. As it is a floor-standing model, beneath it, you will find a small refrigeration cabinet to store a small amount of food items or bottles.
The good thing about this water dispenser is that it is effortless to clean and maintain. You won’t have to put extra effort into cleaning as clean cloth is enough to execute the task.
- Three different faucets for cold, hot, and normal water
- Excellent heating capacity of 5 l/h
- Excellent cooling capacity of 2 l/h
- Various safety features
- Anti-corrosive body for durability
- Auto shut-off feature
- 3L cold water storing capacity
- Needs little care and maintenance
- Backed by powerful Voltas technology
- No installation needed
- One year warranty
- Average after-sales service
6. LEONARD USA Hot, Cold and Normal Water Dispenser with Refrigerator
If you are searching for a high-quality, powerful water dispenser, then this LEONARD Water dispenser has everything you need. It gives you a 5 L per hour heating capacity, and you can choose from different temperature options.
The best thing about this water dispenser is that it comes with an automated cut-off system that saves electricity and reduces the chances of electrical accidents. It performs stabilizer free operation, and the power consumption is 80 watts/ hour.
You will also find a 15-liter mini refrigerator at the bottom, serving you to refrigerate small water bottles, beverages, milk packets, etc.
Another great thing about this product is that it doesn’t require installation. You can use it immediately after purchasing it. Equipped with an energy-efficient compressor, this unit is suitable for people living in areas prone to electricity fluctuations. You will also get a one year warranty, so you won’t have to worry about anything.
- Energy Star Certified
- Heating and Cooling Capacity of 5 L/hour
- In-built automated shut off mechanism
- 3 Temperature Options hot, cold, and normal
- Stabilizer Free Operation
- No need for installation
- Consumes less energy
- Sleek design
- Amazing customer support
- A bit heavy as compared to others
7. Swaggers Atlantis Prime Water Dispenser
This Swaggers Atlantis Prime Water Dispenser is a perfect pick for people who want a spacious water dispenser at a cost-effective price. It features a very classy and contemporary design, which easily matches with any background.
The model is a great buy for any homes, offices, as well as the institution as it comes with enough capacity to serve a large number of people with hot, cold, or normal water needs. You can easily go for your preferred water choice (hot, cold, or normal) with the easy three faucet options.
This water dispenser has a decent cooling capacity of 3 liters/hr, and the heating capacity is 5 liters/hour. So, you will never run out of water for all your consumption needs.
Another best feature of this water dispenser is the presence of a cooling cabinet at the bottom, where you can easily refrigerate jam bottles, cold drinks, or other beverages, etc. Thus, the model is absolute value for money.
- Inbuilt Storage Cabinet
- Good construction
- Three Stylish Faucets for hot, cold, and normal water
- 4L capacity for storing cold water
- Sleek Design
- Child lock for safety
- One year warranty
- Comes with a good water storing capacity
- Very spacious
- Available in two different colors
- No such
8. Voltas Mini Magic Pearl Water Dispenser
If you are searching for a classy and stylish as well as good quality water dispenser, this one model from Voltas is the best to go with. In a decent maroon color, it is a stylish add-on to your interiors. And with the decent cooling and heating capacity, it is a great choice to fulfill your hot and cold water needs.
This water dispenser is backed with Voltas technology, so you can be sure that you are getting a decent product.
Having three faucets for hot, cold, or normal water, you can take the preferred water choice as per your needs. This unit can efficiently heat 5L/hour and cool 2.5L/hour to the cooling and heating capacity.
Voltas has been serving people for years, and to make sure the customers are happy, they also offer a one year warranty. One good thing about this water dispenser is that it comes with LED indicators that add more convenience to its functionality.
It comes with good water storing capacity, so no matter whether you want a water dispenser for home or office, it won’t disappoint you.
- 3 Different Faucets for hot, cold, and normal water
- Elegant LED Indicators
- Well-built cabinet
- Good refrigerating capacity
- Various Temperature Options
- It features a unique design
- You can get hot, normal, and cold water option
- Very easy to use and clean
- One year warranty
- No such
9. LEONARD-USA Stainless Steel Water Dispenser
Superior sleek and stylish design with quality stainless steel construction makes this water dispenser from Leonard, a unique choice for all.
This water dispenser from LEONARD comes with various temperature options for normal, hot, and cold water. And easy to use push buttons are very helpful in dispensing the different types of water as per your need.
It has a heating and cooling capacity of 5L/hour that is pretty good enough to cater to the water consumption needs of 6-7 people.
Cleaning and maintenance of the appliance is super easy as it comes with a removable drip tray for easy clean-up.
The model is equipped with an automated cut-off system, which is very useful in saving money on electricity bills. Just like other LEONARD water dispensers, it also has energy-efficient compression that ensures that the unit works smoothly even in voltage fluctuations.
- Energy Star Certified
- Built-in Automated Cut-off system
- Three Temperature Options
- Stabilizer Operation
- Good Heating And Cooling Capacity
- Made with good quality materials
- Easy to maintain
- Saves energy
- Heavy design
10. Harman Blue Star Water Dispenser
This water dispenser from Harman is suitable for people who want to keep things simple. It features a normal standing design that looks very elegant and sophisticated.
At the bottom, you will see a 14 L refrigerator, and it also has 3 temperature taps for plain, hot, and cold water. The good thing about this water dispenser is that it is made of excellent ABS material and a food-grade stainless steel tank that makes it ultimately durable and long-lasting.
- 14 Liter Refrigerator
- Three Temperature Taps
- ABS Plastic Body Construction
- 5l Heating Capacity
- 3L Cooling Capacity
- The tank is made of stainless steel
- Available in two colors
- Dispenses hot, cold, and plain water
- Slightly expensive
Water Dispensers Buying Guide
The competition in the market is rising daily, and new products are being launched, that’s why you must know what you need and want. You can’t just pick the first water dispenser you see. Each one has its capabilities, so you should compare everyone, then make any decision.
To do this properly, it is important to know all the factors. This buying guide contains everything that you should keep in mind while looking for the best water dispenser to buy.
So first, let’s talk about the type of dispensers currently available in the market.
Types of Water Dispensers
1. Top-Load/Freestanding Water Dispenser
When you start your hunt for the best water dispenser for home, you will definitely come to a top-load dispenser. These are very simple and easy to use. With this type of dispenser, you will have to lift the bottle and place it upside down.
Unlike other options, the bottles are not concealed in these, which make them a little less-aesthetics. Even, you just need to be a little aware while using them as they are prone to water spilling incidents.
Some high-end models also come with a mini-fridge option present at the bottom, where you can sore small food stuffs for freezing. This makes them a bit more expensive over other types of water dispensers.
2. Bottom Load Dispenser
Most people prefer bottom load dispensers as they look more elegant and conceal the storage container. The jug in these dispensers is placed in the bottom, which means you won’t have to lift it. This makes it an excellent option for older adults and professional environments. As compared to other options, Bottom Load Dispensers are less likely to cause water spillage. In fact, if used properly, they can completely eliminate this issue.
3. Countertop Water Dispenser
Countertop Water Dispenser is very popular for its space-efficient design and look. They are handy for people that have a small kitchen. They help you use the space more effectively and let you enjoy cold water without compromising on anything.
However, if you compare it with others in terms of elegance and aesthetics, they are slightly behind, but they are still very practical and handy.
4. Bottleless Water Dispenser
As the name suggests, these water dispensers don’t need water bottles to connect to a pipe. The units come with a fantastic filtration system that provides pure and clean water. However, these are similar to mounted dispensers, but they take less space and have better water storing capacity. So if you are searching for a space-efficient and low maintenance water dispenser, then bottleless water dispensers are the best choice. They are also loaded with the best features and come with the ability to purify water more efficiently.
5. Wall-Mounted Water Dispenser
Wall Mounted water dispensers are perfect for people who don’t like to replace water bottles daily to get the supply of fresh water. These types of water dispensers are linked to the pipeline of the house. The dispenser filters the water, which ensures that water is pure all the time. As long as the pipeline is connected to the water dispenser, you won’t have to worry about changing the bottles. Plus, with the compact wall-mountable design, it doesn’t take much space for installation.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Water Dispenser
After discussing the various types of water dispensers, it’s time to discuss some factors that you should consider while buying a water dispenser.
1. Ease Of Use
It doesn’t matter how efficient a machine is. If it’s hard to operate, then there is no point in buying it. The same applies to a water dispenser. One main characteristic you must look for in a water dispenser is the ease of use and simplicity. Consider something that doesn’t require high technical skills and is easy to understand so that everyone could use it without complications. Along with this, you should also look into the amount of maintenance it needs as it is not wise to opt for a water dispenser that requires extra efforts to clean and maintain.
Capacity is a significant factor that everyone should consider before buying a water dispenser as you know that when it comes to cooler capacity, every family has different needs. However, it is better to choose a unit that has some extra capacity you need. By doing so, you won’t need to replace bottles every other day, and you can get a supply of freshwater anytime you want.
A high capacity water dispenser is a suitable choice for office uses and joint families. But if you are purchasing a water dispenser for small family, you don’t need to buy the one with higher capacity; just choose one that fits your needs.
It totally depends on your needs what type of water dispenser you want to buy, but you must make sure that the construction quality is good. Don’t chase features and functionality only because if the unit is not durable enough, it won’t last long.
Opt for a company that is known for using high-quality raw materials. This way, you can have peace of mind that you are getting the best deal. A water dispenser made of high-quality materials can stay with you for a long time; that’s why construction is a significant factor that everyone should consider.
4. Safety Feature
Electronic appliances can be a potential risk to children, which is the main reason why you should always look for machines that come with safety features. The most important safety features to consider in a water dispenser is auto-shutoff, child lock, etc.
For example, the auto shut off feature is so important because it immediately turns off the unit after the cycle is complete. And the child lock prevents the water spillage and protects your kids from burns.
Kids are attracted to things with lights and units with buttons, so if you have kids in your home, it would be wise to consider safety features before making a purchase. These features won’t only keep your children safe, but they will also reduce the chances of short circuits and electrical accidents.
5. Drainage and Cleaning Mechanism
Another vital factor that you should consider while purchasing a water dispenser is the cleaning options and drainage mechanism. These functions are essential because they help in keeping the body of the dispenser clean and dry. If you want your water dispenser to work smoothly, you must pay proper attention to its cleaning. Units with a cleaning mechanism save you from tedious cleaning, making them ideal for people with a busy lifestyle.
6. Water Temperature (Hot, Cold, or Normal)
If you want to get the best deal, then you must determine your temperature requirements. Water dispensers are available in different varieties, so before buying one, you should figure out whether you want icy water, hot water to make coffee, or just need normal water.
Be specific as it will help get a product that would add value to your life. No matter your preferences, you could check the dispenser model to clear all of your doubts. One thing you should also check is whether the water dispenser comes with options to change temperature.
For people who live in an area with dynamic weather conditions, a water dispenser with multiple temperature settings would be a perfect option.
No one likes to have a machine that makes a loud noise while functioning. That’s why you should check the amount of noise the water dispenser makes, before making any decision. Sometimes people only look at the design, and they purchase it immediately, which is not right at all. You should always explore all the machine’s technical aspects and make sure that everything is working correctly.
However, the majority of water dispensers now operate silently, but still, there are some models that create noise. A noisy unit makes the surroundings irritating, especially if you are working.
A filter is an important feature that everyone should look for in a water dispenser. As you know, regular tap water contains many microbes and is not considered safe for drinking. It can cause several water-borne diseases and harm your body in many ways. So if you live in such a kind of area, you should only buy a water dispenser with an in-built filtration system. By doing so, you can be sure that you are drinking safe water.
Nowadays, water dispensers utilize various types of filters such as UV filters, water distillers, and carbon charcoal filters, to keep your water bacteria-free. So it depends on your budget and preferences which one you should choose.
9. Power Consumption
If you are planning to invest in a water dispenser, then be ready to see an increment in your electricity bills. However, all-electric water dispensers will add some money into your monthly bill, but the amount will depend on the type of unit you choose.
For example, if you buy a unit with a powerful compressor, it will consume more energy, leading to higher bills. These types of water dispensers can be used to chill and heat water to higher degrees. On the other hand, water dispensers that provide moderately cold or hot water consume less energy and add less money to the bills.
10. Extra Features
Once you have determined your basic needs and preferences, you should identify which features are important for you. For example- if you are buying a water dispenser for residential purposes, then child lock feature and alert indicators are the main features that you should look for.
These indicators inform you about your water dispenser’s status, so you can quickly know when the water is ready to serve. One useful tip is that you should always opt for a water dispenser with indicators on the front side. This will make it convenient for you to see the indications, and you won’t have to rotate it to check.
For more functionality, you can choose a water dispenser with night light. However, this feature doesn’t come in the mandatory list, but it can be useful at night as you won’t have to turn on the light to use the water dispenser.
Pricing is a huge factor that you should never neglect. Remember that all models are made differently, the type of features will vary from one to another. That’s why you should buy one that comes with all the features you need. It’s not necessary to buy a unit with all the advanced features. Just invest in one that has the ability to satisfy your needs. For example, if you need both hot and chilled water, you will have to spend more money, but if you need a water dispenser just for normal water, you may get it at an affordable price. So the only advice is to research properly and inspect all the features before making any decision.
How to clean a water dispenser?
Just like any other appliance, water dispensers also need scheduled cleaning. It prevents the buildup of bacteria and other microbes and makes sure that you are getting healthy, good tasting water. But how should you start the cleaning? Well, the easy steps are:
- First, you have to unplug it and remove the water bottle.
- Now move to the reservoir, separate the lid and baffle from it and add 1 cup of vinegar and 3 cups of warm water.
- While doing this, drain it through the taps.
- For better cleaning, you could also use a clean cloth to clean the reservoir’s inner surface.
- Along with this, always sanitize your reservoir every six months to maintain maximum hygiene.
Water Dispensers Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. Are water dispensers safe?
- Yes, water dispensers are entirely safe. With advanced filtration system they offer you safe and healthy drinking water. Plus, with many safety features included, the unit is safe to use. But keep in mind, not all units are created equal. Some water dispensers are made of cheap quality materials, which could be dangerous for the body. That’s why, it is best to buy the one from a reputed company. Even, if you have kids in your home, you should consider the units with safety features like child lock or alert indicators.
- 2. How the bottom load dispensers function?
- Well, every type has a different operating mechanism. And if you talk about the most popular, which is a bottom load dispenser, they have a very distinctive design and include a probe connection. You will locate it inside the cabinet, and this is the main part that connects the bottle to the pump. To maintain the probe assembly’s hygiene, a hanger is attached to the construction of the unit.
- 3. How to use a new water dispenser for the first time?
- If you use a water dispenser for the first time, you should start by reading the user manual. It would help you understand the features appropriately, and you will be able to use it more efficiently.
- 4. Does a water dispenser filter the water?
- As the name suggests, a water dispenser is made to provide you freshwater, not filter it. However, some variants come with water filtering capabilities, but most units only serve the primary purpose. That’s why it is recommended to either purchase filtered water or invest in a filtration system. One tip is to always look for a water dispenser that has the ability to connect with filters directly. This will save your time and make the entire process automatic.
- 5. What type of water dispensers would be best for office use?
- For office uses, you should go with a bottom load water dispenser. They are very compact and also look more professional. Along with this, they are straightforward to use and refill. On the flip side, if you want a unit for residential purposes, you have a wide variety of options. In simple words, choose one that suits your needs, lifestyle, and your kitchen space.
- 6. When Should I Service My Water Dispenser?
- If you want your water dispenser to stay for the longest time, you must service it regularly. Now the frequency of servicing depends on various factors such as type of dispenser, filters used, usage frequency, and many more. But in general, it is best to service your unit every 5 to 6 months. Remember that this is just a general duration. If you suspect that the water’s quality is not right, you should consider cleaning it. In short, clean your unit every month by yourself and consider professional cleaning after 6 months.
- 7. Why is my water dispenser making noise?
- Water dispensers that provide both hot and cold water generate some noise due to the refrigerant flow. So if you are noticing that your water dispenser is making noise, then there is nothing to worry about. However, some units create more noise, so it is better to check it at the time of purchase. In case if you feel that the noise is too loud, then you should consider professional help.
- 8. Why my top-loaded water dispenser is leaking?
- Several reasons may cause leakage in a top-load water dispenser. For example, if you see holes in the bottle or the water dispenser bottle holder, then leaking will happen. For this, you will have to replace the bottle completely.
Though all our listed models are best, our personal recommendation is to go for Usha Instafresh Water Dispenser with Cooling Cabinet that comes with all the best features at a budget-friendly price range.
That’s all on best water dispensers in India. Hope, you are now clear, why water dispensers are a must have appliance and how to choose the right one? Water dispensers do not only save you from the tedious task of storing bottles in the refrigerators, but it also consumes less electricity. Now, one thing you have to keep in mind is that not all water dispensers are created equal. Some are more efficient than others. That’s why you must research properly before investing your valuable money.