Have you been fed of the traditional ways of ironing your clothes using a dry iron or a steam iron? Garment Steamers is all the new way to replace your boring ironing methods. Get the perfectly wrinkle free outfits without much effort with this great new appliance.
Steaming is one of the best-kept secrets in the fashion and garment industry, now this tool is available for your household use in the form of a garment steamer.
What Garment Steamers are?
Garment Steamer also known as Fabric Steamer or Clothes Steamer is all the new way to get rid of toughest creases and wrinkles from the fabrics by means of steam. With garment steamers, you can effortlessly get rid of the unsightly wrinkles from clothing, freshen the fabric types, eliminate odor from clothes, and also remove dust from the clothes. This amazing appliance operates on the simple method of heating water until it turns to steam and then allowing this steam gently and effectively to eliminate wrinkles from all kinds of fabrics.
To know more about the Garment Steamers, please check our Buying Guide Section.
Our Best Picks of Garment Steamers
Finding the right garment steamer is incredibly different as there are many options available in the market. But you don’t need to worry as we came with this blog post so that you can conveniently pick out the best one. Here, we have curated the list of 7 best garment steamers all from the well-known brands to help you out in selecting the appropriate one.
|Philips||GC504/35||1600 W||View on Amazon
|Russell Hobbs||RGS1800||1800 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Renesola||RGSB175035G5001||1600 W||View on Amazon|
|Black & Decker||5035048555125||2000 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Russell Hobbs||RGS160M||1600 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Nova||NGS 2282||1600 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Maharaja Whiteline||GS-100||1600 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Inalsa||Steam Master||1600 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Havells||Creazo||1800 W||View on Amazon
View on Flipkart
|Rossmann||BG522A||2400 W||View on Amazon|
Best Garment Steamers Reviews
Here is the detailed review of all our listed best garment steamers, along with their specifications, buyers feedback, and price. So, choose the one smartly.
1. Philips GC504/35 1600-Watt Garment Steamer
This Philips Daily Touch Garment Steamer is designed in such a way that effectively removes creases and wrinkles even from the most delicate of the fabrics in a matter of minutes. It comes with a garment hanger to place your clothes while you steam them back to smoothness. This garment steamer is convenient, portable, and very effective and that’s why a perfect fit for every occasion.
Various design features are equipped with this Philips Garment Steamer that makes its use convenient and simple. The adjoining clothes hanger is one such a convenient addition to the design. An adjustable pole is also there to set the height of the hanger depending on the length of the garment. And the pole is also collapsible for easy storage.
This Philips Garment Steamer eliminates wrinkles and creases effectively as it is also featured with an XL steam plate that helps you out to cover more area. It comes with a glove to help you protect your hand while steaming your clothes.
- Powerful Continuous steam
- XL Steam Plate for quick results
- Adjustable Pole
- Special garment hanger
- Large detachable water tank
- Safe to use on even the most delicate fabrics like silk
- PVC free silicone steam hose
- Sleek and elegant design
- Easy to use
- Works well for every fabric types especially for winter clothes
- User-friendly product
- Easy to carry from one place to another
- Not great for synthetic fabrics
2. Russell Hobbs RGS1800-Professional Garment Steamer
This garment steamer from Russell Hobbs will absolutely be your perfect pick if you want your clothes to be steamed professionally. It comes with a cloth suspension hanger that eases the process of steaming. And you can adjust the appropriate amount of steam accordingly as per the garments you wish to press through its steam controlling options.
The powerful steam output of this garment steamer not only conditions and freshens the effects of clothes but also clears out wrinkles and irons them perfectly. If we talk about the convenience, its high stability wheels give you a strong grip and control. An adjustable and long cord further adds to the aspect of convenience.
It’s auto shut-off feature secures your garment when the steamer is left unattended for a long. It also comes with the double insulated hose that helps in maintaining the temperature of the steam and also controls the surface heat as well.
- Powerful steam
- 180-degree swivel cord
- Dual telescopic bars
- Auto shut-off function
- All fabric settings
- Professional grade product with good results
- Very effective for woolens, blazers, and jackets
- Easy and comfortable to use
- The height is inappropriately less
- Can steam the clothes only while standing
3. La Italia by Renesola Garment Steamer GS 1.8 DX
Get relieved with the toughest creases and wrinkles with this Renesola garment steamer. With stylish and slender frame, this garment steamer comes with a host of exclusive features. This steamer blows out the ample amount of powerful steam directly on the creased area of clothes to flatten the creases area effectively. The variable steam control functions let you use it even to the most delicate fabrics.
Its high stability wheels give you a strong grip, greater control, and ease of use. The cloth suspension hanger attached with the device eases the process of steaming. This garment steamer also comes with a self-cleaning function. A transparent water tank along with an indicator is also there that helps to manage it on your own.
- Powerful steam burst
- Roll coaster for easy movement
- Telescopic plug for easy maintenance
- Flexible insulated hose
- Removable fabric brush attachment to sweep away the unwanted threads and lint
- Easy to assemble and use
- Does the ironing of delicate fabrics very well
- Time-saving and cost effective
- No negative reviews
4. Black & Decker GST2000-B5 2000-Watt Garment Steamer
This one model from Black & Decker is one of the best garment steamers out there. Get your clothes steamed safely and efficiently with this garment steamer. It comes with the three levels of continuous steam that enables the rapid removal of the most stubborn creases. Moreover, you can also let the appropriate amount of steam based on the type of fabric.
This garment steamer comes with a foot operated on/off switch with the light indicator that ensures the ease of use. Its adjustable aluminum double telescopic poles perfectly suit different ironing needs. Some other unique features of this garment steamer include auto cord winding, anti-calc system, and over heat protection.
- 3 level of continuous steam
- Cloth suspension hanger
- Collar aid for that finishing touch
- Lint remover to remove small fibers from the garments and upholstery
- Fabric brush to remove dust
- Pleat maker and hanger for perfect trouser creases
- Gently providing a crisp finish to your clothes
- Effective on almost all types of fabrics
- Nice built and design
- Easy to use
- Very expensive
5. Russell Hobbs RGS160M 1600-Watt Garment Steamer
The well-ironed clothes speak about your personality and wealth. And this garment steamer from Russell Hobbs is a perfect solution for all your needs in this direction. Get a clean and crisp wardrobe with this one of the best garment steamers from Russell Hobbs.
The device refreshes and sanitizes all your delicate fabrics perfectly and also aids in quick and easy crease removal. It comes with an adjustable pole to steam the garments on the basis of their height. It also comes with the bigger wheels for high stability and so it is very easy to maintain this device.
- 360-degree rotating hanger with clips
- Adjustable pole height
- Ceramic face plate to remove creases and eliminate odors
- Cloth suspension hanger
- Easy to use nozzle with bristle brush
- Nice built and also very presentable
- Super easy and convenient
- Works well for all types of fabrics
- Great for vertical steaming
- Water droplets is a problem, so keep the spout slightly away from expensive clothes to avoid the stains
6. Nova NGS 2282 1600-Watt Garment Steamer
Modern household deserves modern appliances. And this one garment steamer from Nova is perfectly fit to add great style to your home. This effective steamer not only aids you in removing out the toughest creases but also sanitizes them and eliminates odors as well.
Featuring powerful steam output function, this garment steamer removes the stubborn creases very quickly and effectively. The separate attachments enhance its functionality. This garment steamer is designed with an integrated cord so that you can also store it very conveniently.
- High steam burst
- For various textiles
- Nonstick coated soleplate
- Ironing hanger with adjustable height
- Removable wheels for easy movement of the steamer
- Heats quickly and has a steady steam flow
- Best for quick straightening of creases
- Perfect for using on curtains
- User friendly
- Water drops come from the brush
7. Maharaja Whiteline GS-100 1600-Watt Garment Steamer
This stylish garment steamer from Maharaja Whiteline is one of the best garment steamers out there. This revolutionary appliance is ideal for all types of fabrics including garments, upholstery, and curtains. The powerful steam output of this garment steamer gently and effectively removes the creases and wrinkles. It has an ergonomic handle that lets you use the steamer easily and conveniently.
This steamer heats up very quickly and keeps your garments fresh and wrinkle free. Apart from removing creases and wrinkles, it also sterilizes your clothes by killing off the germs and bacteria.
It also has an adjustable pole as well as the hanger for your convenience. Two-speed setting is also there for effective steaming of the garments. It’s beautiful and futuristic design is ready to fit with the interiors of your modern home.
- Impressive and powerful vertical steaming
- Ergonomic design
- Germ-Free ironing
- Continuous and easy refill
- Integrated cord storage
- Awesome product with great heating abilities
- Effective on every type of fabrics
- The quality of the plastic and material used in the product is very nice
- The steamer is very noisy
- The electrical cord is very small
8. Inalsa Steam Master 1600-Watt Garment Steamer
This garment steamer from the brand Inalsa is yet another smart buy for your home to tackle the ironing chore of your daily needs easily. The device offers you the perfect crease and wrinkle removing for any type of fabrics including upholstery and curtains. The best part with this garment steamer is that you don’t need to wait for a long time as it gets ready to use within 40 seconds.
The device also has four different steam output setting for different fabrics including cotton, linen, polyester, and silk. For effective crease removal, it is featured with an XL steam plate with powerful continuous steam that offers you the quick and best results. With its adjustable pole with hanger, you can easily hang your clothes while steaming your garment. Plus the unique 360-degree foldable swivel hanger with clips makes steaming more quick and easy.
The Inalsa steam master comes with the large detachable water tank for easy refilling and cleaning. This lets you steam even large pieces of garments without refilling water repeatedly. And the wheels equipped with it allow you easily to move the device from one place to another.
- XL steam plate for powerful continuous steam
- Vertical steam for quick wrinkle removal
- 1.5 l detachable and transparent water tank
- Detachable Fabric brush
- Gloves for extra protection
- 360◦ Folding Swivel Hanger with Clips
- 4 steam output setting
- Adjustable pole height
- Boil dry protection
- Wheels for easy movement
- Auto shut off
- Power On/Off Indicator
- Versatile and effective garment steamer
- Great in terms of quality and performance
- Provides strong steam for effective crease removal from the garments
- Adjustable height of the pole is a good option
- Can be used to steam most of the fabrics
- A little bit difficult to assemble or disassemble
9. Havells Creazo Garment Steamer
Coming to the next, this garment steamer from the brand Havells offers you the convenient and hassle-free ironing experience. Now it becomes so easy to wear smart and wrinkle-free clothes using this garment steamer. The device is equipped with six-speed control options letting you iron your clothes on the desired speed setting depending upon the type of fabric. And the best thing is that its powerful steam output offers an extra smoothness to all fabric type.
There also comes a telescopic pole letting you easily adjust the height according to your convenience. And the rotating hanger with clips attached to it allows the easy placement of clothes.
You can easily handle this garment steamer as it comes with rotary wheels offering you extra mobility while working with the steamer. The device also comes with the large water tank ensuring the continuous steamy performance. Plus, the water tank has the detachable feature that allows you for easy and neat refilling.
- Powerful steam jet
- 6-speed control
- Telescopic pole for height adjustment
- Wheels for easy portability
- Rotating hanger for completely and evenly steam of the clothes
- Removable water tank for easy refilling and cleaning
- Nice build quality
- Easy to assemble and use
- Garment steaming for wrinkle-free fabrics
- Good to use on all type of fabrics
- Water leakage issues from the tank
10. Rossmann BG522A High-Pressure Ultra Premium Professional Garment Steamer
The Rossmann BG522A garment steamer is the best buy for both professional as well as home use. This energy efficient ultra premium garment steamer provides you the best results with ease. What is especially best about this device is its quick heat up time that delivers strong steam to remove wrinkles from shirts, business suits, trousers, etc. This versatile garment steamer can be used with any type of fabric, drape, upholstery, and curtains.
Auto-cord rewinder, auxiliary heating in the steam brush, low water warning with auto stop with a beep sound, and digital LCD display are some of the smart features; this device is equipped with. These features make this garment steamer an outstanding product out there.
The device features an adjustable double pole to adjust the height as per your convenience. And this feature also provides stability to your garment steamer. It also comes with the pleat making accessory to handle the task of pleat making more easily. Plus, the fabric brush makes deeper penetration on thick garments. And thus you can get only perfect attire every time.
- 3 levels variable steam control
- 2.5 l large water tank capacity
- 2400 Watts High Power Continuous Steam
- Auxiliary Heating in Steam Brush with On/Off
- Heat Insulated Steam Pipe for extra safety
- Multiple steam vents for a continuous flow of steam
- Auto Cord re-winder
- Digital LCD Display
- Low Water Warning with Auto Stop with Beep Sound
- Self Cleaning Function
- Fabric Brush for Deeper Penetration on Thick Garments
- Adjustable double pole
- Excellent build quality
- Great to use
- Powerful steaming
- Best and safe to use on all fabric type
- Convenient to assemble and disassemble
- Self-cleaning function is a nice add on
- No downsides noted yet
Garment Steamers Buying Guide
Why to choose Garment Steamers?
Since an iron box with steam just flattens out the garment, that’s why the new garment steamers have taken over the place of steam irons for so many reasons. This one appliance gently relaxes the fibers of your clothes and evens it to make the fabric absolutely wrinkle free. The powerful steam of a garment steamer makes your clothes look like new by restoring its shape, and also removes the unpleasant odor, bacteria, and stains.
The handheld models of garment steamers are now becoming very popular as they are very compact and easy to use than the traditional iron boxes.
Pros & Cons Of Garment Steamers
- You don’t need an ironing board out there
- The handheld models are ideally suitable to use for the travelers
- Provides gentle steam over the regular steam irons
- Some high-end models also refresh and sanitize your clothes
- Ideal for upholstery and curtains
- The upright models come with built-in hangers and clips to hang your clothes as well
- Large water tank than regular steam irons for providing continuous steam
- Higher on the price side over regular irons
- They often leave the clothes damp, so you need to wait until they become dry before wearing them
- Do not reach at the corners and edges of the clothes properly
Features to consider before buying a Garment Steamer
Selecting the type of garment steamer is very much important before buying it. Well, there comes the three variants of garment steamer that includes Floor models or Upright Garment Steamers and Handheld Garment Steamers
The Upright Garment Steamers are standing type that is incredibly stable providing you the most effective and powerful crease removal for a perfect attire. It comes with a built-in hanging solution to hang your clothes while steaming them. These are ideal for both home and professional use.
The Handheld Garment Steamers are the portable solution for all your clothes steaming needs at home and even on-the-go. It heats up very quickly for effective crease removal and even safe for the delicate fabric types.
Check for the warm-up time of the garment steamer. And then choose the one that has less warm-up duration. The model that heats up fast offer the more efficient performance over the model having the larger warm-up duration.
Water tank capacity
Go for the one having a decent sized water tank. It means the larger the water tank capacity, the more it will be ideal for bulk steaming sessions. And those with smaller water tanks require frequent refilling, so it is better to invest in the model with a large water tank.
Automatic Shut Off
For enhanced safety, the advanced garment steamers come with automatic shut off feature that switches off the device automatically when the machine runs dry. And this way, it keeps the device safe from any motor burn out. The feature also ensures that if you are not near the device, it will not continue to run.
If you prefer the full-sized floor steamer or upright steamer, choose the one having wheels for easy carrying from one place to another.
Multiple steam settings
Some of the garment steamers are also featured with multiple steam setting option that you can choose desirably depending upon the type of fabric you are going to steam.
Accessories and Extras
The advanced model of garment steamers also come with interchangeable nozzles, attachable brushes, multiple hangers/hooks/holders, clips and long hoses that make the device much more convenient to use.
This is all about the best garment steamers to get wrinkle free clothes without laboriously ironing and potentially damaging your clothes. The above-mentioned garment steamers offer different benefits to you. All of these are quite efficient, reduce wear and tear on your clothes, restore the specialty of delicate fabrics, and will save you a lot of money in dry cleaning bills. So, just dive into the ultimate convenience by picking out the best one from the list.