Elliptical cross trainers are easy to use exercise machine for home and office. It can be expensive for common and middle-class people. But, if you are low in budget, we have covered some cheap elliptical machine in this post.
Why Elliptical Cross Trainer?
Nowadays people are getting more concerned about fitness, but why? It is because our lifestyle has changed a lot more, which is affecting our health. It has become difficult to maintain our health and stay fit. We all want to get in shape, lose weight, and need to maintain our cardiovascular health. But due to our hectic and busy lifestyle, it is not possible to do so.
Most of us join the gym, but due to time limitation, it becomes hard to visit it daily. These days, cheap exercise equipment is available to use at home and office. The elliptical cross trainer is one such machine. We can use it to improve fitness and cardiovascular health.
For more detailed information on Elliptical Cross Trainers, please read our Buying Guide.
Our Best Picks of Cheap Elliptical Machine
There are many advanced elliptical trainers available in the market, but they could be expensive. In this post, we have picked the most popular elliptical trainer among health freaks. And have categorized them according to their prices and affordability. Have a look at the below list.
|Price Range||Brand||Model||Max. User Weight|
|Under Rs 10,000||Powermax Fitness||EH-200||100 Kg||View on Amazon
|Under Rs 10,000||Reach||Exercise Cycle and Cross Trainer||100 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 10,000||Cheston||Strider Stepper||120 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 20,000||Powermax Fitness||EH-250S||110 Kg||View on Amazon
|Under Rs 20,000||JSB Cardiomax||HF 147||100 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 20,000||Welcare||WC6044||80 Kg||View on Amazon
|Under Rs 20,000||Cockatoo||CE03 Advance Smart Series||120 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 20,000||Proline Fitness||335 E||110 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 25,000||Aerofit||HF94||100 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 25,000||Viva||KH-80201||100 Kg||View on Amazon|
|Under Rs 25,000||Hercules Fitness||EL10||100 Kg||View on Amazon
We have categorized our best picks of the cheap elliptical machine in 3 budget-ranges.
Under Rs 10,000
Below is the list of top elliptical trainer Under 10,000INR.
1. Powermax Fitness Elliptical Cross Trainer EH-200
The model EH-200 from the brand Powermax is our top choice in the list of the cheap elliptical machine. With such an affordable price range, it offers amazing workout experience at home. This elliptical machine features the latest fitness technology for a great cardiovascular workout. And the best part is that it comes for dual usage, featuring both elliptical trainer and exercise bike.
The machine allows for the motions of elliptical cycling and rowing. And so, it is a great one for both upper and lower body workout.This elliptical machine has a unique and innovative design that makes it outstanding. Featuring motion handlebars and forward and reverse fan wheel, it offers a smooth workout experience. There comes an adjustable seat also that you can set according to your height. Its wide platform and anti-slip pedals offer you stability while doing exercise.
The best is its resistance control knob that allows you to control the intensity of your workout accordingly. Plus, there is a heart rate sensor on the handle that measures your pulse rate while exercising. This exercise machine also features an intuitive LCD to show you the time, speed, distance, calories burned, and pulse.
- Elliptical Motion Cross Trainer
- Rustproof tubular steel frame
- Fan Flywheel
- Micro Tension control adjustable mechanical resistance
- Adjustable seat height
- Adjustable Handle Bar
- Comfortable anti-slip pedals
- 3 Piece Crank System with Front Wheel Chain Drive train
- Forward and Reverse motion
- Rubber-clad Pole Grips with Hand Pulse Sensors
- Clear LCD to scan speed, time, distance, calories and pulse
- 12-month manufacturing warranty
- Wheels for easy transportation
- Nice build and finish
- Foot pedals move in a natural motion for low impact
- It provides a total body, low impact, cardiovascular workout
- Wide platform offers stability while doing exercise
- Intuitive LCD
- Micro-adjustable tension control is a nice feature to control the workout intensity accordingly
- Assembly is might not easy and time-consuming
2. Reach Exercise Cycle and Cross Trainer
To enjoy a simple full-body workout from the comfort of home, it is the next best cheap elliptical machine. Not only an elliptical but also the exercise cycle integrated with it makes it a dual usage machine. The Reach Elliptical Cross Trainer allows you to enjoy a low impact workout with less strain on your joints. If you are aiming for weight loss, body toning, and improvement of coordination in the body, this elliptical is the perfect buy.
What is the best part of this piece of exercise equipment is the combination of elliptical cross trainer and an exercise bike in one? With moving handles, you can use it as an elliptical cross-trainer. And with the stationary handles and adjustable seat, you can use this machine as an exercise cycle.
This exercise machine comes with the belt drive system for a smooth workout with low noise. It also has an adjustable tension control knob to select the desired level of intensity in your workout. The handlebar is also adjustable in up and down to the height to cater the needs of different people. With the stationary handle, you can use it as the exercise bike. Plus, the handle grips are foam-based to provide anti-slip, anti-absorbing, and skin-friendly functions during the workout.
There is also the wide non-slip pedals to assure a smooth ride for both cycling and elliptical training. And, LCD integrated with it allows you to track your speed, distance, time, calories burned as you exercise.
- Elliptical trainer and exercise cycle
- Belt drive mechanism
- Adjustable cushioned seat
- Stationary handle adjustment for cycling
- Wide anti-slip pedals
- 8 levels of resistance
- Height adjustable handles suitable for all height user
- Foamed handle grip
- Wheels for easy movement
- Build quality is excellent
- Quite sturdy and durable
- Very simple and easy to use machine
- Low impact on joints
- It offers a full-body workout
- The wheels make the machine easy to move from one place to another
- Variable resistance control is a nice feature
- Installation is pretty difficult
3. Cheston Elliptical Cross Trainer Strider Stepper
It is one such affordable elliptical cross trainer to reach your fitness and weight loss goals from the comfort of your home or office. The best part of this cheap elliptical machine is the lightweight design that makes it easy to carry anywhere. Burn calories, tone your body, and get a low-impact workout with this affordable elliptical cross trainer from Cheston.
Talking about the design, this one comes with non-slip pedals to hold your feet properly. Its has U-shaped multi-grip armrest to hold it comfortably while doing the workout. There is an adjustable tension control knob with three levels of workout intensity to choose accordingly. You can easily turn out the dial to vary your workout intensity. There also comes an LED display that allows you to track your exercise time, the number of strides, distance, and calories burnt.
It enables you to do the stride exercise by standing on it. Also, you can pedal it while sitting, watching TV, or working on your desk. This elliptical cross trainer has a compact design. So, once you are finished with your exercise, you can easily store it under the desk or in the closet.
- Adjustable tension control knob
- 3 levels of workout intensity
- LED monitor to track your exercise time, no. of strides, distance and calories burnt
- Wide pedal
- U-shaped multi-grip armrest
- Upgraded handrail
- Low frequency mute
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to assemble
- Best for both home and office
- Very smooth and quiet operation
- Best fitness equipment for both men or women, adult or elderly
- Not ideal for professional gyms
Under Rs 20,000
Below is the list of top elliptical trainer above 10,000INR but Under 20,000INR.
4. Powermax Fitness EH-250S – Elliptical Cross Trainer/Cycle
So, again a piece from Powermax, in our next category of the cheap elliptical machine. Keep your workouts on track with this affordable and high performing elliptical cross trainer. The machine focuses on low impact workout with no stress on joints. And thus, it gives you an enjoyable and fantastic workout experience to reach your fitness goals.
This elliptical trainer comes with the handlebars to target your arms, shoulders, and back. The machine works dually both as exercise cycle and cross-trainer. The stationary handles and adjustable seat lets you use the machine as the exercise cycle. While the moving handlebars make you use it as an elliptical cross-trainer.
There comes an adjustable tension control knob with eight levels of resistance to control the intensity of your workout accordingly. The handlebars come with integrated pulse-rate sensor to check your heart rate. Also, with the integrated digital monitor, you can easily keep track of stats, including time, speed, distance, calories burned, and heart rate. This elliptical machine also has in-built wheels for easy transportation.
- Cross trainer and exercise cycle
- Ribbed Belt two-ways Drive system for smooth and quiet operation
- Vertical handlebars to target arms, shoulders, and back
- Large cushioned seat with adjustable height for various users
- 8 level adjustable tension control mechanism
- LED to show time, speed, distance, calories, and heart rate
- 2-way adjustable seat Up/Down
- Built quality is very good
- Heavy gauge steel mainframe makes it sturdy and durable
- It offers a smooth and realistic ride experience
- The perfect comfort seat allows you to workout with ease
- No downsides noted yet
5. Cardio Max JSB HF147 Cross Trainer
The Cardio Max JSB HF 147 Cross Trainer can be your next best choice if you want a cheap elliptical machine for your home gym. It comes with so many exciting features to offer you enjoyable workout experience. For a full-body, low-impact cardiovascular workout, this elliptical machine is a great buy.
Talking about the design, this elliptical trainer is made up of quality thick body frame that ensures its durability. The machine with its 6 kg flywheel offers you smooth workout experience. Also, it comes with adjustable tension control knob with eight levels of resistance. So, you can adjust the workout intensity accordingly for an easier or more challenging workout.
The longer stride length offers you handle it more comfortably. Plus, the handrail is integrated with a heart rate sensor to track your heart rate while exercising. Also, the bigger comfortable footrest makes your foot stand properly on it.
There is a large LCD on it with easy to read large window to track your distance, speed, time, calories burned, and heart rate. The wheels integrated with this cross trainer enables you to transport it easily from one room to another.
- Full-body cardio workout
- 8 level tension controller
- Non-skid foot pedals with adjustable straps
- Big comfortable footrest
- 6 Kg flywheel for smooth cycling
- Synchronized exercise between hands and legs
- Hand pulse sensor
- Large LCD to scan time, speed, distance, pulse, and calorie
- Easy transportation wheels
- Anti-slip base
- This elliptical machine is very sturdy and durable
- Very elegant design with great features
- It offers full-body workout at the convenience of home
- Very smooth ride
- Assembly is easy
- Some design flaws, the cable that connects inside the tension wheel rubs against it and makes noise
6. Welcare Elliptical Cross Trainer WC6044
It is another great fitness equipment to have in your home gym. This one cheap elliptical machine is a magnetic cross-trainer. The model WC6044 from Welcare takes care of all your fitness and health goals with its advanced training features. You can get an efficient cardiovascular full-body workout with this fantastic cross-trainer.
This elliptical machine features a large window LCD monitor so that you can keep an eye on your speed, distance, time, and calories burned. The hand pulse sensor is also located on the handle that measures your heart rate while exercising. The cross trainer comes with 4 Kg flywheel that enhances the momentum of your speed and let you enjoy an effortless workout experience. There also comes a tension control knob with eight levels of resistance that you can set accordingly depending on your exercising requirement.
The foot pedals are wide and offer a comfortable space to accommodate all feet sizes. Also, it has a non-slip feature that ensures stability and comfort. This machine also has an adjustable seat option to adjust according to the height requirements. And the bigger stride length of this elliptical cross trainer offers a smooth workout feel. Plus, it reduces the impact on the knees.
- 4 Kg flywheel with two way rotation
- Hand Pulse sensor
- Large LCD monitor to show speed, distance, time, pulse rate, and calories burnt
- 8 levels of manual magnetic resistance
- Adjustable seat
- Non-slip pedal
- Wide foot pedals
- Anti-skid base
- Wheels for easy transportation
- Quality of this cross trainer is outstanding
- Durable and sturdy
- It offers a smooth workout
- This affordable cross trainer is the best buy for beginners
- Easy to install and use
- Occupies less space and looks good
- Maintenance cost is very high
7. Cockatoo CE03 Advance Smart Series Elliptical Cross Trainer
The Cockatoo CE03 advance smart series is another best cheap elliptical machine in our list. It lets you do a powerful cardiovascular workout right at home without spending much. This one is a magnetic type elliptical cross trainer. It means having a magnetic resistance; it offers the super quiet and smooth workout experience. And the heavy-duty steel frame of this cross trainer ensures durability.
Design of this elliptical machine includes fixed incline pedals for maximum grip and stability. This all-in-one elliptical machine targets arms, chest, shoulders, abdomen, back and thigh muscles when you use the high motion handlebars and foot pedals. It comes with eight levels of magnetic resistance to intensify your workout from easy to difficult as per your preference. Plus, the digital meter in-built with the machine lets you track your stats, including time, distance, speed, wattage, heart rate, calories burned, and rotations per minute.
- Heavy-duty steel frame construction
- 6 Kg flywheel
- Magnetic mechanism
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance
- Textured and fixed-incline pedals
- The stride length of 15.75 inches
- Digital meter shows speed, distance, time, and calories
- Easy-glide wheels
- Handlebar and seat height adjustment
- Sturdy and nice build quality
- Best for the price
- Less space occupancy
- Great for all age group elderly and young
- It offers full-body workout with no strain in joints
- Very easy to use
- Difficult to assemble
8. Proline Fitness 335E Elliptical Trainer
If you are serious about fitness and health, this elliptical trainer from Proline Fitness let you achieve the same. At such an affordable price range, this elliptical cross trainer allows you to do full-body workout. Its true elliptical motion reduces stress on joints. So, it is a great choice for all age groups, young and elderly.
When it comes to design, this one comes with a large LCD that makes tracking your stats easier. It displays your speed, distance, time, and calories burnt. With the adjustable tension knob, you can dial it to switch up your workout intensity. There are 8 levels of adjustable tension that you can choose according to your preferences.
The 5 Kg flywheel ensures a smooth and noise-free ride. What is another best thing is its non-slip footpads. These foot pads can accommodate all foot sizes and provides a sturdy grip to ensure safety. It also has a handgrip sensor on the handles to monitor your heart rate while exercising.
- True elliptical motion to reduce joint stress
- Comfortable handgrip
- 8 levels of adjustable tension knob
- Large non-skid pedals
- 5 Kg flywheel for a smooth ride
- Handgrip sensor
- Digital display monitor to show your speed, distance, time, calories burnt, and pulse rate
- Wheels for easy movement
- Build quality and design is awesome
- Nice and compact
- Very effective and useful for a full-body workout
- No stress on joints
- Very smooth movement
- The handles and pedals appear to be made of durable stuff and also look premium
- Pretty difficult to assemble
Under Rs 25,000
Below is the list of top elliptical trainer above 20,000INR but Under 25,000INR.
9. Aerofit Elliptical Cross Trainer HF94
The Aerofit HF 94 is our next best pick in this category of the cheap elliptical machine. Its innovative design and features make this cross trainer the best buy to use at your home gym. With this machine, you can do exercises in both sitting and standing positions using the adjustable seat and foot pedals. And the machine offers a low impact cardio workout to all the health enthusiasts.
It comes in a center drive system design along with 5 Kg flywheel for balanced precision. There comes U-bar style handlebars with hand pulse sensor located on it to measure your heart rate. All you can track your fitness stats on the LCD console comes with it. It displays your speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories. An ergonomically designed comfortable seat is there to let you do the workout in sitting position. And with the eight levels of vertical adjustment, you can adjust the seat according to the preferable height.
The foot pedals with adjustable straps are wide enough to accommodate all feet sizes. Talking about the tension control knob, it has eight levels of friction-free magnetic resistance to choose for the exercise type from simple to difficult. And with the bonus part, this elliptical machine offers only low impact cardiovascular workout. It means no strain on joints at all.
- 5 Kg flywheel
- Magnetic Elliptical Cross Trainer
- Center Drive System
- Self-balanced extra-wide pedals with adjustable foot straps
- Ergonomically designed adjustable seats with 8 levels vertical adjustment
- U-Bar style handlebars
- Heart rate sensor
- 8 levels of friction-free magnetic resistance
- LCD console to show speed, distance, time, calories burnt, heart rate
- Quality of the elliptical trainer is very good
- Sturdy and durable
- Low impact workout
- It offers a very smooth ride
- Easy to use and store
- Installation is pretty difficult
10. Viva KH-80201 Magnetic Elliptical
If you are looking for an easy to use as well as affordable elliptical cross trainer, then Viva KH-80201 might be a great choice. It is not only comfortable and easy to use but also packed with a lot of unique features. The machine is very user-friendly, so anyone can use it without putting effort, whether it is a novice or expert.
This elliptical trainer is designed with an inner magnetic system having 6 Kg flywheel for the smooth and quiet workout. It also has eight levels of the tension control system that you can set depending upon your workout preferences. There is a hand pulse sensor located on the handles to check your heart rate. And you can see your fitness stats on its large LCD console including speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories burnt.
The very best part of this elliptical machine is that it comes with adjusting caps for an uneven floor. And for easy transportation of the machine from one room to another, it has easy carrying wheels.
- Assembled with ‘Universal Pivot Joint’ for crank axle
- 6 Kg fly wheel with inner magnetic system
- 8 level tension control system
- LCD console for speed, time, distance, calories burnt, and room temperature
- Hand pulse sensor and body fat
- Adjusting caps for uneven floor
- Wheels for easy movement
- Excellent quality elliptical cross trainer
- Easily fits in your house
- Great for full body low impact workout
- Affordable elliptical machine
- Lacks the seat for sitting exercise
- Installation is pretty difficult
11. Hercules Fitness EL10 Elliptical Trainer
Now last but not the least, Hercules Fitness EL10, another cheap elliptical machine in our list. It comes with sturdy and ergonomic construction that makes it an ideal fitness partner among most fitness freaks. This one comes with a manual magnetic resistance system for a smooth workout. It focuses on low-impact workout and reduces stress and strain on joints. So it is an excellent choice for all age groups, young or elderly.
Featuring 5.5 Kg flywheel, this elliptical cross trainer offers a decent level of stability. Also, with the eight levels of adjustable resistance, it gives the user great levels of customizability. The cross trainer also features an intuitive and large LCD that shows your time, speed, distance, calories burnt, and pulse rate of the current training session.
Its unique vertical and horizontal seat adjustment makes you do your workout more efficiently. So, get ready to reach the peak of fitness with this affordable elliptical cross trainer.
- Magnetic Elliptical Cross Trainer
- 5 kg flywheel
- Uni-crank design
- Targets upper and lower body
- Single window display to show speed, time, distance, calories, and pulse rate
- 8 level manual magnetic resistance control
- Hand-held heart rate sensor
- Large anti-skid pedal
- Transportation wheels
- Build quality is extremely good
- No noise while using
- Looks good
- Smooth workout with low impact
- Assembly is very easy
- Easy to use
- No downsides noted yet
Cheap Elliptical Machine Buying Guide
How to Use an Elliptical Machine – A Basic Guide for Beginners
Have you never stepped on to the elliptical machine? If you think it is pretty much difficult to use an elliptical cross trainer, then you are in the wrong way. So, you don’t need to worry about that. You can easily use this aerobic machine both in your home or gym. There comes the platforms, called pedals in the elliptical machine. And to start exercising, you need to place your feet on the pedals. Then start moving with a back and forth gliding movement using your feet.
Most of the elliptical cross trainers come with the handles too. These handles let you maintain your balance. Generally, these ensure to move in rhythm with your feet. And so, you can get both upper and lower body workout with this machine.
Here is a quick video showing how to work out on an elliptical machine.
Cheap Elliptical Machine- The Benefits
You can find the big heavy-duty elliptical machines at the gym. And they are all very nice for staying fit and healthy. But, for most of us, joining a gym is not possible due to our hectic daily schedules. However, no one can deny the fact that exercising at home is more convenient than going to the gym. Due to this reason, the sale for elliptical machines for home has been increased in the last few years.
Besides we all need an exercise machine to stay fit, most of us can’t afford to pay several thousand rupees for an exercise machine. If this is the case, it doesn’t mean that you can’t afford an elliptical machine to exercise at home. The affordable and cheap elliptical machine is the solution. It can offer all the exercising benefits even in your budget. Let’s have a look at some of its amazing benefits.
Investing in a high tech and costly exercise machine is a great deal. But only then, if you know exactly about your fitness goals. But wait, if you are low in budget, cheap elliptical machine for home is a good option. It lets you do a good workout without spending too much money. Further, if you are a starter, then buying an affordable elliptical is totally worth. At an entry-level, you will surely enjoy the workout at home with a cheap elliptical machine. And those with low budget can also experience the core workout experience with them.
Low Impact Exercise
It is the biggest benefit that an elliptical machine offers, no matter how expensive or cheap it is. If you have joint pain, arthritis, due to injury or any other reasons, an elliptical can make a big difference. It reduces the stress and strain on your legs and lower back. Thus, it is also a good choice for elderly people too.
Full Body Workout
The combination of both upper and lower body workout is the next thing that makes an elliptical machine unique. You need to handle levers with your hands along with the foot movement. So, you get the benefit of the dual-action workout.
Various Workout Programs
Some of the models also feature variable challenging exercise programs. These programs mimic hill climbing, interval training, and other customizable options, etc. So you can enjoy your workout accordingly.
There are only fewer moving parts in an elliptical machine. And that is likely required to service. These parts require only lubrication from time to time. No belts, no motors, no rollers, and bearings at all like a treadmill. So, again, a budget-friendly deal to invest in a cheap elliptical machine.
Compact and Space Saving
It is a great advantage for those who want to workout at home. We are talking about here the cheap elliptical machine which is compact by default. Some models also come in a foldable design. So, you can easily keep them under your bed or desk. These machines are also small and have a short stride length. It makes them compact and space-saving.
So, for the person who usually sits all day for work, whether in office or home, this design benefits them a lot. Also, for those who live in a small apartment, or have a less living area, it is such a great choice.
Features to Consider Before Buying a Cheap Elliptical Machine
Design and price
There come several models and designs of the elliptical machine with variable features. The design includes standard elliptical machines, sub-compacts, hybrid as well as manual. All these have different features and price range. Choose the one that best suits your budget and exercises preference.
It is one of the most important aspects of an elliptical machine. The stride length decides how much freedom your legs have while exercising. Short stride length tends to small and rapid steps. On the other hand, long stride length tends to be regular walking steps. In an affordable elliptical cross trainer, 12” inch stride length is ideal. However, the ideal is up to 30” inches, but less than 12” inches is fairly not good.
Some of the mid and high ranged models come with various advanced features. It includes a water bottle holder, media shelving, and smart, intuitive control features. But these features can’t disrupt your ride if you go with the low-end budget models. However, if you can invest mid or high-ranged models, these are the superb bonus features.
The cheap elliptical machines come with a simple and easy to use display. It simply shows you the essential metrics like time, calories, heart-rate, etc. So, you can track your progress and plan out the fitness routines.
Decide which feature is essential for you
Whether you want a fan or adjustable incline? Or, you want a smooth ride or sharp display. The choice depends on you which features you want and which one you want to compromise. So, decide first and then go for the desirable model.
Treadmill Vs. Elliptical Machine
Treadmills are no doubt, a good piece of exercise equipment over elliptical machines. But when it comes to budget, investing in an elliptical is a good deal. Here are some of the advantages of using ellipticals over treadmills.
- Treadmills are heavier than elliptical machine and require a lot of space. While Ellipticals are compact and space-saving.
- As no motor is there in the elliptical machine, so it has no more noise like treadmills. The elliptical machines are quiet in operation.
- Elliptical machine doesn’t come with any mechanical issues because of lack of motor. Thereby it requires less maintenance over treadmill.
- Most importantly, elliptical machines are less in price over the treadmills. That’s why it is good workout equipment for people who are low in budget.
Well, that’s all for our best picks of cheap elliptical machine for good cardio workout. To achieve your fitness goals, these machines are surely the best investment. However, these lack some features like professional-grade and high-end elliptical machines. But surely, it never fails you in burning out more calories and keeping your goals ahead. So, choose the best one to stay healthy and fit.