Fans are one of the best and affordable cooling solutions in India from the years, whether it be ceiling fans, table fans, or pedestal fans, etc. But unwanted power cuts is also a major problem in India. This is where a Rechargeable Fan proves to be very beneficial and is worth buying it.
This one is such a great technological version of fans that offer you instant cooling even when no power is available. You don’t need electricity to run them, as with the rechargeable batteries, they run easily. Plus, if you are a frequent traveler or looking just for the backup plan to deal with the scorching summers, it’s worth buying these fans.
The rechargeable fans are the perfect lifesavers in terms of an unplanned power cut. Even more, these units are compact and useful that become extremely beneficial for different purposes in the long run.
Choosing the best rechargeable fan requires a lot more considerations. Well, our Buying Guide will let all your confusion away and help you in choosing the right one for your needs. But before going into detail, have a look at some of the important Key Points that are essential to know before buying a rechargeable fan.
- Size of the Fan
Size matters a lot. Though these are portable fans, still you would consider the size option. It must be handy and compact enough so that you may easily carry it along with you.
- Run Time
To ensure the run time of the fan, you must check for the battery capacity of the model you are buying. The battery must be capable enough to run the fan for at least 4 hours in one charge. It is also better to opt for a model that comes with a battery replacement feature, so you will not face any hassle in case the battery dies.
The battery-operated fans are available in two materials-plastic and metal. Well, both are best, but if durability is your primary concern, it is best to go with the metallic ones.
Top 7 Best Rechargeable Fans in India
|Best Rechargeable Fans||Back up Time / Warranty||Buying Link|
|Rico Rechargeable Table Fan||2-4 hours / 1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Geek Aire GF6 8-Inch Rechargeable Mini Fan||1.5-16 hours / 1 Year||CHECK PRICE |
|Geek Aire, 4 Inch Rechargeable Mini Fan||3-9 hours / 2 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Geek Aire, 5 Inch Rechargeable Handheld Fan||3-8 hours / 2 Years||CHECK PRICE|
|Mr. Right AC-DC Rechargeable Plastic Table Fan||4-10 hours / 1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Halonix Inverter Rechargeable Table Fan||4-10 hours / 1 Year||CHECK PRICE|
|Globex 8-inch Rechargeable Table Fan||2.5- 4 hours / -||CHECK PRICE|
Best Rechargeable Fans in India Reviews
1. Rico Rechargeable Table Fan (Best Overall)
The top on our list is this rechargeable table fan from the brand Rico. Stylish design, quality construction, and amazing performance make it the best buy for all to get cool air anytime and anywhere.
This rechargeable fan works well on both AC and DC with an easy mode selection facility. Thus, it provides you with the backup whenever the power goes off, even in the loss of electricity stage. As a bonus, the battery is powerful enough to offer you a longer run time of the fan, so your cooling needs never get uninterrupted.
A charger indicator is also present on the fan that is again a convenient feature. So, you can easily know the charging status. The indicator glows red when the charging is going on and turns green once the charging is over.
The model comes with two powerful speed selections that you can choose as per your requirements. Moreover, the oscillation feature adds more benefit to cover the wide area of the room. It also comes with a tilt-adjustable head mechanism, so you can get the direct airflow wherever you want.
Another best feature of this fan is its lightweight and portable design. It allows you to easily carry it along with you on the picnics, camping, as well as in your home lawn or balcony.
Featured with assured safety standards, the fan is absolutely safe to use. Moreover, the warranty of 1 Year on the appliance assures you for easy replacement in case of any defects in the product.
- Premium and a high-quality rechargeable battery fan that utilizes a Japanese quick charge Technology
- The battery is around three times more powerful and efficient when compared to others
- It offers the run time of 4 hours on low-speed setting and 2 hours on the high-speed setting
- Two powerful speed settings to choose the one as per your requirements
- Comes with the oscillation feature for the wide-area coverage
- The Head tilting mechanism ensures to get the direct airflow in the direction you want
- It comes with the built-in power cable as well as a plug for giving the power supply whenever needed
- Maintenance-free battery
- One year warranty on the product
- It is a lightweight model for easy portability
- Easy to assemble
- Prolonged battery life
- You can easily dismantle the units for cleaning
- The fan speed isn’t much perfect
2. Geek Aire 8-inch Rechargeable Mini Fan (Runner Up)
If you are searching for a high quality and reliable rechargeable fan, this one model from Geek is an excellent buy. Not only the design but an efficient battery life, as well as a great set of features, makes this battery-operated fan a great product to try on.
Its stylish design adds a contemporary look to your room interiors. At the same time, the compact and lightweight feature allows you to easily carry it around the home, office, or also for traveling.
There are five blades present in this mini rechargeable fan that ensures amazing cooling performance. Plus, easy to use, four-speed settings allows you more control over selecting your preferred speed to get the personalized airflow. There also comes an oscillating feature to both left and right directions that again adds more convenience.
The model comes with a 4000mAh high-quality Lithium battery that is pretty good enough for long run time. In one full charge of 6-8 hrs, the fan can easily run continuously for 1.5 hrs to 16 hrs, depending upon the speed.
Another convenient feature of this fan is the LED light indicator for both speed and charging (red). Even more, a night light is also present, to offer ultimate convenience in the dark.
This battery-operated fan also comes with the USB charging feature for easy charging of the appliance. There is a prominent feature of the child lock system that ensures your kid’s safety and thus makes it an outstanding model for purchase.
- It comes with a distinctive 90-degree foldable round design to make it more compact and space-saving appliance
- This lightweight mini fan includes a front grill, back grill, as well as a fan base
- It comes with a powerful 4000 mAh lithium-ion battery that is ideal for the long hours (1.5 hrs to 16 hrs)
- The charging time of the battery is around 6 to 8 hours
- 5 blade design of this fan ensures powerful cooling performance
- The 4-speed settings allow you to select the speed accordingly
- The oscillating mechanism of the fan allows you to get more generous airflow
- Beaming indication for speed and charging status
- Night light to operate the fan easily in the dark
- USB charging cable for easy charging of the device
- Child lock safety feature to ensure your kids’ safety when the fan is in operation
- Stylish and compact design
- Very lightweight model to easily carry around
- Noiseless operation
- Sturdy and durable build quality
- No indication about the remaining battery
3. Geek Aire 4-inch Rechargeable Mini Fan (Budget Pick)
The next again comes a model from the brand Geek that ends up your search for a budget-friendly rechargeable fan.
This new generation mini handheld portable fan comes with a lithium-ion rechargeable battery of 2600 mAh that offers the run time of 3-9 hours, depending upon the speed setting.
It comes with the 5-speed settings with the Aerodynamic six-blade design that are powered by the durable brushless DC motor. This brushless DC motor also ensures outstanding performance as well as durability. You will also get the Charging Dock for standing the fan whenever you want to use it.
Another best feature of this Geek rechargeable fan is the availability of the detachable power bank with the quality Lithium-ion rechargeable battery parts. Besides, the detachable battery compartment also serves in the form of the power bank for charging various digital gadgets.
Setting the speed of the fan as per your need is very easy; you just need to press the power button. Moreover, the LED indicator lights are very convenient to know the speed as well as the status of power left in the battery compartment.
- There are 5-speed settings with the aerodynamics blade design
- You will get the moving air 2 to 7 feet per second
- The fan is powered by a 2600 mAh lithium-ion battery
- The battery offers a run time of 3 to 9 hours depending upon the settings of the speed
- There is a blinding Blues LED power light for indicating the speed
- You can use it everywhere due to the battery-operated system with the washable sticky rubber Charging Dock
- It also comes with the USB cable for the convenient charging
- Variable color options available
- The lightweight design of this rechargeable fan makes it perfect for traveling
- Easy to use
- Good battery life
- Noiseless operation
- The airflow is quite sufficient for single people as well
- The speed level isn’t good at all
4. Geek Aire 5-inch Rechargeable Handheld Fan
This cordless rechargeable fan from the house of Geek, is very decent in design and outstanding in terms of performance. Like other Geek models, we have discussed above; this one comes with all the best features to offer cool breeze when no power is available.
Its lightweight and sleek design make it a perfect choice for home, office as well as travel. Even with the built-in brushless DC motor, it offers outstanding performance.
It comes with the 2600 mAh high-quality lithium-ion battery that offers the working time of around 3 to 8 hours, depending upon the speed you have selected.
There are four aerodynamic blades present to provide better airflow and cooling. Plus, the five-speed settings allows you to operate the fan at the best preferable speed you want. To choose the desired speed, you need to press the power button and done.
The light indicators present on the fan allow more ease and convenience in operating the fan. There is a blue LED light for indicating the speed of the fan and three bright LED lights for an indication of the power level.
The model also comes with a smart charging dock that allows you to stand the fan easily wherever you want and provides stability to the fan at the same time.
- 5-speed settings with the aerodynamically designed four blades
- It is powered by the brushless DC motor that allows the moving air to go up to 27 feet per second
- It is powered by a 2600 mAh high-quality lithium-ion battery that will be lasting for around 3 to 8 hours.
- Controlling the fan is easy with the LED indicators
- The power button for switching on and off the fan and selecting the desired speed
- The lightweight design makes it perfect for indoor office, traveling, sports, games, and so on.
- USB cable for charging
- The worry-free safety is due to the fivefold low voltage and the built-in PTC CID circuit protection
- Well-constructed with quality materials
- The lightweight design makes it perfect for traveling
- Very easy to use
- Value for money
- At times, the fan keeps shaking
5. Mr. Right 12-inches Rechargeable Fan
This rechargeable fan from Mr. Right works best with the alternating current to provide you cool breeze even during the power cuts. Its brilliant design and nice performance make it a great addition to your home, office as well as for traveling purposes.
The design flexibility of this battery-operated fan allows you to use it both as a wall fan or a table fan- the choice is up to you. It comes with the 12 inches blades for the maximum circulation of the air. So, now give up the frustrations due to the prolonged power outages in the summer season.
Overall, the fan is well equipped with a small LED lamp as well as a USB port for giving you the opportunity of charging the smartphones. This feature makes it an ultimate solution even during the power cut.
You will get the operation time of four hours when the fan works at high speed. Moreover, you will also get the 5.5 hours of run time at the medium level oscillation and the 10 hours at the low-speed level. The remarkable part is that it comes with an oscillation facility that makes it stand out over the competitors.
- It comes with the three blades for proper circulation of the air
- The build quality is outstanding due to the durable plastic construction
- Three-speed settings to choose accordingly
- The high-end output of 4 hours at high speed, 5.5 hours at medium, and 10 hours at low speed
- 12-inch blades provide maximum air circulation
- One year warranty on the product
- Works well on both AC and DC
- Good quality construction makes it durable
- Decent battery life
- Lightweight for easy portability
- It is easy to assemble
- Charging port is available for mobile phones, so no need for a power bank during powercuts
- Power cable is small
6. Halonix Inverter Rechargeable Battery Table Fan
This one from Halonix is another best and unique product to offer you cool air when no power is available. It is an inverter table fan that comes well equipped with a power backup of around 10 hours of the high-speed DC motor and gives a steady delivery.
The model is an integrated solution that works with the power-saving LED light as well as a direct solar charging making it a compelling option for overcoming the huge hours of a power cut.
You can also get the multi-power usage of this fan that works with the inverter fan technology and the power backup. Together, these features make it incredible over the competitors.
There are five dynamically balanced blades that ensure high-end air delivery to every nooks and corner of the room. The best part is that it comes with a smart remote control operation that makes operating the appliance absolutely hassle-free. Even more, the charger indicator on the appliance adds more convenience.
- A direct solar charging option is available with the full charge indicator
- The power input is around 40 watt with the speed of 1700 RPM
- High-Speed DC motor for best performance
- Five aerodynamically designed balanced blades for better air delivery
- A lead-acid battery with the capacity of 9000 mAh is also present
- The warranty on the model is one year
- This is a lightweight model that makes it easy to carry
- Very easy assembly
- Prolonged battery life
- It is the value for money model
- The customer service isn’t good at all
7. Globex 8-inches Rechargeable Fan
This rechargeable table fan from Globex is exceptionally a convenient way to keep your space cool and gives you instant relief from the heat. The model is handy in terms of performance and packed with a lot of awesome features.
When it comes to design, the fan looks perfect in white and red color combination. Even a nice addition to your kitchen or any room to get cool breeze. Plus, the three-blade design ensures better cooling all around the room. An additional LED light gives it more pleasing aesthetics.
Durability is completely assured as the frame is made up of PPCP material, and the blades are constructed with aluminum that makes the fan very durable and long-lasting.
Having a powerful motor, the model delivers impressive performance. Moreover, the uniform oscillation process is exceptionally convenient too.
The best part is that you’ll get the entire backup time of about 4 hours in case of the full charge of the battery while 2.5 hours with low charge.
- Table fan included with LED light
- It is appropriate for the indoor, especially in the areas of the kitchen when it is running in the DC state
- The size of the fan is 40 X 24 x 19 CM for giving the good output
- Charging time for the battery is 10 hrs
- Run time is 4 hrs in full charge and 2.5 hrs in low recharge
- This is the lightweight and easy-to-use model
- You can easily assemble the parts
- Very bright LED light
- Low noise level
- The durability is amazing
- It is not perfect for the prolonged hours
What to look for before Buying a Rechargeable Fan? (Rechargeable Fans Buying Guide)
1. Size of the Fan
The size of the rechargeable fan is indeed an important consideration when you are buying it. You must always ensure that you have the right size of the fan that is essential in case you don’t want to face issues later on.
For those who love traveling and have smaller rooms, they must look for the small and compact size rechargeable fans. This property makes it easy even to carry from one place to the other.
However, if you have bigger rooms and you are vulnerable to long hours of a power cut, it is better to look for the rechargeable fans that features the long blade. These units require a bit more space than the smaller ones but serving you for the long hours.
2. Capacity of Battery
Whenever you are planning to go ahead with the purchase of a new rechargeable fan, you must always look for the battery capacity. Besides, you should always check if the battery has the option for replacing in case of damage or death. If you find the battery that comes equipped with adequate capacity and replacement options, then it will become the perfect purchase decision.
3. Battery Charging Time and Operational Duration
For rechargeable fans, these two factors are very much important to consider. The battery charging time refers to how much time the battery takes to get completely charged. On the other hand, the operational duration suggests how long the fan will run in one complete charge.
The one that takes the charging time of 6 to 8 hours only is better to go for. Even the modern rechargeable fans usually take a short time to fully charge, making them an excellent option for saving a lot of time for the owner. Besides, you should always check the operational duration. The minimum operational duration must be 4-5 hours on high-speed settings.
Who doesn’t want extra bells and whistles with the purchase of any product? An extra set of accessories make the product more worth and convenient. The same holds for the Rechargeable fan. For your convenience, many models come embedded with the LED lights serving you best during long hours of power cut.
Some rechargeable fans also come well-equipped with the micro USB port. However, the features may sometimes lead to the rise in the price of the product to an unprecedented level. So, it is wise to only invest in these models if you think these extra features are necessary for you.
5. Best Brands
We have already listed the names of some of the famous rechargeable fans that are trending in the year 2020 in India. They are all from the good brands with best features and performances. So, to ensure the right quality output, you must always go for the branded ones only. The one with a good reputation in the market and good terms of warranty and aftersales service will provide you the best value for your money. Some of the best brands for rechargeable fans in India are Geek, Rico, Orbit, Globex, etc.
Setting your budget depending upon the features you want in a particular product is very important. In case of rechargeable fans, though they are less expensive, their price range varies from model to model as well as features present in them.
You must always look for the affordable fans that come with the essential features you want. Some features of the fans are not utilized at all times and turn out to be useless since the fans work efficiently even without them. The unnecessary amount does always come accompanied by the extra models.
Always compare the models and choose accordingly the way you want the output to be. Again, it’s good to remember that the lower-priced fans are not good as well. The quality of the product is an important consideration too.
7. Fan Speed
Fan speed ensures the cooling capacity of it. So, It is again an important factor to consider before opting for a specific model. It is always better to go for a model that comes with variable speed settings. Also, check for the rotational speed of the fan while purchasing, so that it will give you the good rotational output.
8. Extra Features to look on
a) Embedded Light
Various models come with in-built LED lights serving to illuminate the area in dark or night hours. This feature is again useful in case of a prolonged duration of power cuts.
b) Noise Level
Choosing the one with a powerful motor always works best, but the noisy motor can’t be tolerable at all. For this, you must look for the unit that is fairly quiet or even completely noiseless so that you can enjoy the cool breeze without any noise annoyance.
c) Low Battery Alert
Some advanced models of rechargeable fans also come with an alert indicator to notify you when the battery is low. The feature eliminates the guesswork of when to recharge the battery. So, you will not feel any inconvenience in case of emergency.
d) Fan Construction
Rechargeable fans that are made of high-quality ABS plastic or metal are good in terms of durability. Never choose the battery-powered fans that are made of cheap quality material. Also, look for the design, color and finish, if you want something aesthetically pleasing. Choose the design and color that matches best to your room décor.
e) Safety Certifications
Looking for the safety certifications of the particular model of the portable rechargeable fans is very essential to ensure that it matches all the safety standards and is absolutely safe to use.
Pros and Cons of Rechargeable Fans
- Rechargeable fans are compact in size for easy portability.
- No need of electricity to run them; with a built-in rechargeable battery, you can use them anytime and anywhere if the battery is fully charged.
- It can also run with the support of a USB connection.
- Reduces electricity bill.
- No additional fixtures or fittings are required, like in ceiling fans, exhaust fans, etc.
- Using it at slower speed expands the run time.
- Some also comes with LED light to illuminate the area in dark.
- These are not ideal for cooling bigger areas.
- Some models take a long time for the battery to charge up completely.
Rechargeable Fans Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1. Why it’s better to choose the rechargeable fan?
- Reasons to choose a rechargeable fan are:
- You don’t rely on electricity.
- Power cuts during summer in India is a big problem, having a rechargeable fan ensures that you get a cool air breeze.
- Since it is lightweight you can port it easily.
- It takes less space and can be kept in a congested place as well.
- Use it in small shops or similar places where power supply is not an option.
- 2. How do rechargeable fans work?
- Rechargeable fans don’t require continuous power supply. Once the battery is charged (Via electricity or solar power) It can power the DC motor (fitted in fan) which in turn, rotates the connected blades which produce the desired cooling effect. It works as long as the battery is charged, once drained, you need to recharge it again.
- 3. How long will a battery powered fan last?
- It depends on the current or amperage drawn by the fan and the capacity of the battery. If it draws 1 amps and the capacity of the battery is 100 AH, then it will run for 100 AH / 1 amps = 100 hours.
But in real life, the battery efficiency will be only 70% to 80%, so the rechargeable fan will run for 70-80 hours in above given condition.
To calculate the amperage of a rechargeable fan, you should divide the number of watts by the volts powering the circuit. (In India we generally get 220 volt power supply in our home).
- 4. Can rechargeable fan be used while charging?
- It depends on the circuit designed. At the very best level you can charge while it is in use without problem. But if the draw of the device is higher than the output of the charger it will not work.
The circuit construction is important for this operation, and you should look into your manual for the clear instruction.
- 5. Can I let my rechargeable fan’s batteries on the charger?
- It may overheat the battery. So, never try leaving the battery on the charger unless you are bound to do so. Always keep in mind to remove it after charging is complete. Overcharging starts causing damage to the battery.
That’s all on our gathered information on the best rechargeable fans in India. We have listed some of the top-rated models of battery-powered fans that are quite durable and impressive in terms of performance.
All the models we have mentioned come with convenient settings that make them perfect in terms of usage. Even more, these all are portable models, so a cost-effective solution for you to get cool air on the go and in case of power cuts.
So, surely, you would now get your best pick with our Comprehensive buyers’ guide and reviews of the best models of rechargeable fans. Still, feel any confusion, do ask us via the below comment section.